THOR LOVE AND THUNDER Trailer- Sweet Child O Mine Soundtrack

16 hours ago, Shaolin Punk said:

Interesting that the chords and part before the original song had to have been recorded to fit as it even plays the main lick in a clean tone just before the original kicks in, question is was it done by slash?

15 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Are the guitar chords ringing out in the beginning pulled from the master? Or is that just some random session guitarist “covering” Izzy’s part before the real song kicks in?

I'm basing this purely on my own perception of what I hear, but it sounds like a random session guitarist*. The tone and the effects sound a little "basic". For the lack of a better word. Like they have some stock reverb or delay effect on them. Which would make sense if it is recorded only for this trailer. There would be no need to fiddle with the sound and burn money on it more than you have to.

But I like the dreamy vibe of the chords and the main lick, though. Fits the mood of the images it accompanies.

*Nothing against session guitarists, because they are usually crazy talented.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

I'm basing this purely on my own perception of what I hear, but it sounds like a random session guitarist*. The tone and the effects sound a little "basic". For the lack of a better word. Like they have some stock reverb or delay effect on them. Which would make sense if it is recorded only for this trailer. There would be no need to fiddle with the sound and burn money on it more than you have to.

But I like the dreamy vibe of the chords and the main lick, though. Fits the mood of the images it accompanies.

*Nothing against session guitarists, because they are usually crazy talented.

Agreed. Also there's some heavy bass drum added to the riff, when Thor rises on the top of that rock. 

It's something Dave Kushner from VR would do - he's working with music production for TV shows now. Or even Robin Finck, but seems like he's more focused on videogames.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Full trailer out (this time they used an orchestra cover of SCOM):

Looks a little CGI heavy but Thor: Ragnarok was great so I'm still looking forward to this.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Early reactions from critics says there are lots of GNR:

#ThorLoveAndThunder is like what I imagine living in the mind of Taika Waititi might be like. It’s wild, funny, a little all over the place in the middle but by the end it all comes together in a surprising, touching, satisfying way. So much Guns n Roses too. So much

Another classic Thor adventure! #ThorLoveAndThunder is everything I wanted it to be. Big, colorful, weird Guns N' Roses-fueled battles to go w/ a hopelessly romantic story about discovering love in unexpected places. Christian Bale & Russell Crowe are especially great. And Korg!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Early reactions from critics says there are lots of GNR:

#ThorLoveAndThunder is like what I imagine living in the mind of Taika Waititi might be like. It’s wild, funny, a little all over the place in the middle but by the end it all comes together in a surprising, touching, satisfying way. So much Guns n Roses too. So much

Another classic Thor adventure! #ThorLoveAndThunder is everything I wanted it to be. Big, colorful, weird Guns N' Roses-fueled battles to go w/ a hopelessly romantic story about discovering love in unexpected places. Christian Bale & Russell Crowe are especially great. And Korg!

I hope we have THE GENERAL as background music for the final battle.

Imagine Thor fighting against Christian Bale with a song about children molestation in the background. Pure cinema. Kino

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2022 at 5:17 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

I saw a tweet from a movie critic which mentioned four GNR songs. He said everybody could guess them, so looks like no new music...

Probably SCOM, Jungle, Paradise and something else? YCBM maybe?

On 6/27/2022 at 5:17 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

I saw a tweet from a movie critic which mentioned four GNR songs. He said everybody could guess them, so looks like no new music...

Hmmm the other ones being Just Another Sunday, Crash Diet, and Chinese Democracy (Drums up 1.5db)??

• Haha 1