New Merch. GNR x Market

3 hours ago, MattyIce3924 said:

Ironically, this all looks like some shit Duff/Slash’s well off kids and their friends would wear in the different world they live in 

That's exactly the target group for this stuff. Not us.

Ever noticed the merch produced in the Illusions era were much more creative? or even stuff in 2006.

11 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

The same people who complain about this stuff are the same people who complain when the band is playing arenas instead of football stadiums or complain that they aren't as relevant anymore.  

Everyone wants them to be the biggest band in the world and then when they sign big licensing deals they also complain lol.  Like at some point you have to get over it.   For fucks sake you can buy a misfits shirt at H&M right now.  This is what the biggest bands in the world do, license out their logo to other companies because the music industry is a business.

So... Yeah... Here is not H&M...

I will complain as much as I want.

• Like 1

Just now, Bitchisback said:

I can't ever imagine living the type of life that leads me to complain about a bands merchandise or t-shirts 🤣😂🤣😭😭

To be honest, I can't imaging living the type of life that leads me to criticize people for taking the piss out of a band's shit merchandise on an online forum thread about said merchandise! 

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

Stating facts and complaining are two different things. 

A total of no one has complained when tour venues were downsized or that the band isn't as relevant as they could be. People have stated those facts, but no one has complained about it. 

As far as this particular merch line goes, it is what it is. It's ugly as hell to me, but I'm sure it'll appeal to someone. Luckily, none of us are forced to buy anything we don't like, so everyone wins. 

I have literally no idea what sort of person would like and wear those jeans. I don't see anyone walking around in things like that in my city! People must buy this stuff though, otherwise they'd stop pumping it out. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I have literally no idea what sort of person would like and wear those jeans. I don't see anyone walking around in things like that in my city! People must buy this stuff though, otherwise they'd stop pumping it out. 

That's the thing: I've never seen anyone wear stuff like that either, but someone somewhere must by buying it. 

When I was like 18/19 I had jeans with patches all over them, but I only wore them to concerts. And they sure as shit didn't cost hundreds of dollars. :lol:

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

A total of no one has complained when tour venues were downsized or that the band isn't as relevant as they could be. People have stated those facts, but no one has complained about it.

Yea, that was a weird comment. I don't know anyone who prefers seeing a band in a stadium vs an arena, and I don't remember anyone here complaining about them playing arenas. I remember the opposite, actually - GNR were laughed at on here for booking stadiums in 2020-21. They had their moment in 2016 but I don't think many on here want or expect them to be 'the biggest band in the world' lol.

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

That's the thing: I've never seen anyone wear stuff like that either, but someone somewhere must by buying it. 

I wonder if some of this stuff is ''made to order"? The pictures of those Don't Cry tracksuits for instance were just logos superimposed over stock images of the clothes- they clearly hadn't been printed. I wonder if they just stick it up, then print up however many orders they get and if it's minimal.....no big loss? The markup on them is also massive. 

Basically, I have no idea! 

37 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I wonder if some of this stuff is ''made to order"? The pictures of those Don't Cry tracksuits for instance were just logos superimposed over stock images of the clothes- they clearly hadn't been printed. I wonder if they just stick it up, then print up however many orders they get and if it's minimal.....no big loss? The markup on them is also massive. 

Basically, I have no idea! 

Yeah, these stuff are mostly "print on demand".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Just look at the comment section on fb. You'll find the answer to your question there.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 2:51 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Who are the skulls on the denim jacket and jeans? I only recognize Axl, Slash and Duff.

Reprint of one of the last official tees from ‘94.

16 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Gobsmacked, Gilby and Matt on anything GN'R related is a shocker. This is the first I've seen them on anything recent.

That was either one of the last official UYI tour shirts, or a very early ‘94 shirt. 

The Skin & Bones tour had a shirt with photos of Axl, Slash, and Duff on the front, and Gilby, Dizzy, and Matt on the back.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

The same people who complain about this stuff are the same people who complain when the band is playing arenas instead of football stadiums or complain that they aren't as relevant anymore.  

Everyone wants them to be the biggest band in the world and then when they sign big licensing deals they also complain lol.  Like at some point you have to get over it.   For fucks sake you can buy a misfits shirt at H&M right now.  This is what the biggest bands in the world do, license out their logo to other companies because the music industry is a business.

Bullshit.

I've never complained about them playing arenas instead of stadiums or not being relevant anymore. I don't even complain about the setlist. I complain about the lack of music, expensive tickets and toy trucks. 

But this merch is on a lower level than the toy truck madness. 

People complain because GNR could do almost every fan a favor by releasing music but instead they sell out themselves on a bad way. What's that bullshit?

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 4