The Spotify X-Files thread

1 hour ago, DanteStraviosky said:

I was just fooling around and typed "Atlas Sh" o Apple Music and it led me to Guns N' Roses songs. :shrugs:

Also tried with Perhaps, The General and Oklahoma but there's not any Guns related songs.

Screenshot-2023-06-16-at-2-49-12-PM.png

What country?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Atlas19 said:

In Spain nothing either. Not Atlas, nor The General, perhaps....

Edit: I just checked the linkfire links and nothing new either

Not 100%. But I believe if a link fire page is generated it would be on Thursday. So if it’s going to be released for Friday. Then the link will be made sometime tomorrow. But if they plan to perform it first then release it. Hard to say then

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

If Axl and Slash were listening to different mixes last week, this won't get released until the NA tour.

That’s if the song they were listening to was in fact Perhaps and not something else. 

Might be planning one on this leg and another for the next. Hard to say for sure. I could very well see them releasing Perhaps now and having the “mixes” be The General. Especially since they have only been sound checking Perhaps on this leg. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

Not 100%. But I believe if a link fire page is generated it would be on Thursday. So if it’s going to be released for Friday. Then the link will be made sometime tomorrow. But if they plan to perform it first then release it. Hard to say then

No the Linkfire would have to be ready earlier, not just one day before. So if it showed up today or tomorrow (just as an example), then it's more likely that it would be released next week.

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

If Axl and Slash were listening to different mixes last week, this won't get released until the NA tour.

That's what I think too, that we won't hear anything until the NA leg. Although if they are doing Perhaps in soundchecks now then maybe they'll play it live a few times before then.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

No the Linkfire would have to be ready earlier, not just one day before. So if it showed up today or tomorrow (just as an example), then it's more likely that it would be released next week.

That's what I think too, that we won't hear anything until the NA leg. Although if they are doing Perhaps in soundchecks now then maybe they'll play it live a few times before then.

Oh okay, I was under the impression Hardskool appeared the night before release. My bad

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Oh so maybe it could appear sooner.

I think if it were to appear it would be today (for a pre-London show release), which would be one day before release for Australia/NZ/East Asia. Since it hasn't appeared, I doubt there will be a release before the NA leg.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grayfox said:

That’s if the song they were listening to was in fact Perhaps and not something else. 

Might be planning one on this leg and another for the next. Hard to say for sure. I could very well see them releasing Perhaps now and having the “mixes” be The General. Especially since they have only been sound checking Perhaps on this leg. 

True. 

Judging by that rehearsal clip, Perhaps is pretty straight forward tho. I wonder if they felt the need to listen with several headphones/speakers for a more complex mix like The General seems to have. Of course, even if Perhaps is more simple, it's still good to hear how it sounds in different scenarios.

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah I still feel like they target the US market for this, as they would need to make some news with the releases. But we do have almost a full month worth of the European tour, so maybe it would be too early to rehearse a new song in soundchecks if it's not to actually play it soon. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yeah I still feel like they target the US market for this, as they would need to make some news with the releases. But we do have almost a full month worth of the European tour, so maybe it would be too early to rehearse a new song in soundchecks if it's not to actually play it soon. 

Nothing is ever too early in GN'R land. They were rehearsing Pretty Tied Up in 2020 to not touch it until this year. 

• GNFNR 1

23 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Nothing is ever too early in GN'R land. They were rehearsing Pretty Tied Up in 2020 to not touch it until this year. 

But the plan was to actually play it (and Hard Skool) back then, I guess. Then the pandemic happened. Did they rehearse it again until 2023?

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

But the plan was to actually play it (and Hard Skool) back then, I guess. Then the pandemic happened. Did they rehearse it again until 2023?

True, but they were also one of the very first bands to resume touring after lockdowns - COVID didn't mean the 2.5 year break it did for some artists. I honestly can't remember if it was rehearsed again in 2021 or 2022, but IIRC it was on the alternates list still.

• Like 1