2023 WORLD TOUR

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

What's "all things considered" ? 

Slash's famous sentence, a kind of a meme in this community. And as for the reality - there was supposed to be a single last summer (promised by the top hat man himself), and since a new tour will be starting, and we know they've recorded at least a couple of these things, all logic (oh my, not this again!) would suggest they'll release at least one of these songs this year. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, vloors said:

No it didnt. I live in Australia and it was panned over here including by everyone I know that went.

No, the shows were definitely not panned, at least not in reviews which were generally really good to great. Just read them here:

(17) 2022.11.18 - Optus Stadium, Perth, Australia (a-4-d.com)

(17) 2022.11.22 - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Australia (a-4-d.com)

(17) 2022.11.24 - Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast, Australia (a-4-d.com)

(17) 2022.11.27 - Accor Stadium, Sydney, Australia (a-4-d.com)

(17) 2022.11.29 - Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia (a-4-d.com)

(17) 2022.12.03 - Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne, Australia (a-4-d.com)

Here's an example from Rock N' Heavy (Brisbane):

Guns N’ Roses Concert (Review)
Brisbane Australia

Colleen Millsteed

Brisbane rocked the night away last night, 22 November 2022, to the world class concert put on by the legendary Guns N’ Roses.

What a night!

Isn’t it funny how we expect our musicians, when they hit the live stage, to look exactly as they did thirty years ago, when you first fell in love with them and their music.

Well usually this misconception is put to bed when reality sets in, but I swear Slash has not changed at all — if anything the only change I see is his guitar skills, which have always been phenomenal — were truly brilliant in this performance.

Axl Rose was a ball of energy, no different to his younger years, and his voice, that world famous voice, was right on target. I could have closed my eyes last night and it wouldn’t have been hard to believe I was rocking out thirty years ago.

Richard Fortus is a real show man on the stage. It’s hard to keep your eyes off him as he rocks out every song, never keeping still and it’s obvious how much playing his guitar and music is his passion. He was a constant kaleidoscope of raw power and musical mayhem. An absolute delight to watch.

Bass player, Duff McKagan, played exceptionally well as usual and his joining of his vocals with Axl Rose was sheer magical delight.

The world class drummer, Frank Ferrer, was on fire, never missing a beat and added to the blood pumping atmosphere in the stadium.

Do I need to even compliment Axl Rose? No, he was everything you could imagine him to be when you’ve waited two years for this one night. He didn’t disappoint, still the charismatic front man he has perfected since day one.

The concert was held at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium, a large stadium that usually caters to the popular sporting teams of Queensland football, rugby and the like. It is built to allow for thousands of sports fanatics and last nights concert was a sold out gig. The number of people enjoying the live performance was astounding.

The audience was also extremely well behaved and absolutely deafening in their roars of approval.

In my opinion this was the biggest and best concert performance I have attended since AC/DC last rocked this city.

It was pure magic, heart pumping, electrifying joy. Three solid hours of the best hard rock music in one night.

I loved the fact that the age group of the audience ranged from teenagers to people in their seventies and I’m positive every single member of the audience had a night to forever remember.

Guns N’ Roses you rocked the roof (although there wasn’t one) off that stadium in a classic world class performance.

Thank you from Brisbane for a night to remember — it certainly blew my mind!

8 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Yes. You are right, The last leg was a tragedy. 

This guy is blind for reality, JESUS. 

Talking about me? I read all the reviews I could find from the Australian leg and my views are based on a synthesis of that. How about you?

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

No LA date is a bummer. The band is not exciting enough for me to want to go down to San Diego so guess I'm skipping this tour unless I can get the deal of a century on tickets.

Yeah - I caught an LA date and made the trip to San Diego in 2016, I am sure sure if it is worth it for me to make the trip to SD now though

In 2016 in San DIego I got 2016 Axl and a kickass performance of TWAT at that gig, I dunno if Absurd and Hard Skool with 2023 Axl are enough to sway me to make the drive

8 minutes ago, k12 said:

It has concerts there, usually a popular spot in the summer for artists who do alot touring and try to hit most markets, fun fact about Saratoga, the "Get in the Ring" chant that you hear on UYI was recorded there in 1991, maybe GNR is feeling nostalgic for old venues they haven't played in in 30 years as there aren't alot of them left, would be cool if they played Alpine Valley in Wisconsin 

I’d kill for alpine valley…man that would be a badass show. 

Can anyone tell me what we are going to be looking at for GA prices? And with that being said is it worth purchasing nightrain for the presale? I’m considering Wrigley field but Illinois is a shithole. 

3 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Exactly. The promoters run a business to make a profit. They aren't insane GNR fans giving the band money so they can keep doing shows. After mech and beer sales I guarantee they turn a profit on every show.

I can only imagine what GnR pulls in merch every show between the $50 shirts, lithos,posters etc. Even if Live Nation only gets 20 percent of that, between that and the beer sales ,they are laughing all the way to the bank. Not to mention the tickets they sell at full price to people who don't care to wait for prices to fall below face value on StubHub. 

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The worst GNR show I've seen was Vancouver 2017 though, and that's largely because the sound at BC Place is fucking garbage.

I can’t figure that place out…

I’ve seen a few bands in there and it’s all over the shop sound wise. AcDc in 2009 sounded brilliant, AcDc in 2015 sounded shitty. McCartney sounded great in there twice. Mostly it’s sounded how GnR sounded that night. A mush of bass echoing about the place. Stadiums are the worst place to see any band. Way worse than an outdoor venue… 

Most of the bands I’ve seen in the last 20 years, I’m seeing them for the nth time, like with GNR, if I do go to this, it’ll be my 7th time, I saw all those bands up close in the 90s, so now when buying a ticket I just want the cheapest way in and the best sound. Problem is a lot of those bands play a lot of places that weren’t designed for playing music. 

Ive been in 35+ different stadiums for gigs, and It may sound odd, but the best sounding spot I’ve found in most stadiums is furthest from the stage and halfway up the stand. Its way less mush sounding than it is on the ground floor. It’s the aural equivalent of sitting in the back row of the cinema rather than being close to the screen. You get a better soundscape a bit further back. I can see the stage, yeah they’re ants, but even with a ground floor ticket they’re only slightly bigger ants in a stadium, so I figure I’m paying to hear the band and that’s it.

If I can get that ticket in BC place for $80, I’ll probably be there, siting back nice and baked taking it all in. 

3 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

They are getting it. Promoters wouldn't keep booking them in US stadiums if there weren't millions to be made. 

Yep. I wish they had a spark of creativity left, but I think it's probably time to accept that bird has long flown and accept money is the only motivating factor now.

Safest band in the world. 

3 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Not really. Hershey park is a huge tourist attraction. I'd imagine they  get a decent walk up crowd on the day of shows there .Not sure what the numbers were in 2021 but I was there and it looked pretty well attended and it must have been for them to be brought back two years later. 

Hershey is a rock n roll town. Alice Cooper Hershey show sold out in a day. Detroit is old news. Now known for Eminem. No new album. Axl will be paid in Hershey Kiss’s

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yep. I wish they had a spark of creativity left, but I think it's probably time to accept that bird has long flown and accept money is the only motivating factor now.

Safest band in the world. 

It's only been 15 years since Chinese! They still have a new album card left to play and after that the AFD reunion tour card/40th year band anniversary.

4 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

More than twice the price? Lol. Might as well buy GC for another show.

Yeah, in Germany/ Austria one early entrance is like two golden circle tickets. In the eastern european countries it s a lot cheaper. Poland golden circle was half the price than Germany. 

Having just seen them again last December, after 5 years since their previous Australian tour, I must say, I did really enjoy the show.

But at this point, probably the 3rd or 4th time around to the same places, towns and cities, is anyone really that excited by this announcement?

Most hardcores are like “meh” and I bet even a lot of casuals feel that way too. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

It's only been 15 years since Chinese! They still have a new album card left to play and after that the AFD reunion tour card/40th year band anniversary.

Haha, only 15 years! 

Perhaps they'll play that album card in the next 15. It would probably take them to stop making obscene amounts of money to do any of those things now though. 

It is what it is, but as a fan of their talents as songwriters, it's such a genuinely sad waste of time and talent in pursuit of filthy lucre. In my view, which doesn't reay matter for shit anyway! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Natty said:

Yeah, in Germany/ Austria one early entrance is like two golden circle tickets. In the eastern european countries it s a lot cheaper. Poland golden circle was half the price than Germany. 

Damn. In Brasil 2017- no GC, but people have tents days before. I still ended up front and center cuz once inside the gates- it is chaos. 

I will most likely watch 2 shows than an EE I guess.

Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

From your experience, what's the best time for getting a lithograph? What time does the merch opens?

From an anecdotal Aussie perspective...

In 2017, I was around the area of the stadium early and picked up my lithos and merch around midday, then dropped them off, and went back to the concert closer to start time.

Last year, I went about an hour before doors opened and picked up my litho and merch then. Most people lined up for merch after the concert.

• Thanks 1