Which Bad Song Do You Prefer- Bad Obsession or Bad Apples?

Which Bad Song Do You Like More - Bad Obsession or Bad Apples?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• ChristmasFnatic changed the title to Which Bad Song Do You Prefer- Bad Obsession or Bad Apples?

I used to love Bad Obsession but then at some point it was one of my least favorites of the album. While revisiting it with that Ritz performance I start liking it again.

Bad Apples has everything a good song should have but still it was never one of my favorites. I've nothing against it but it never fully convinced me 

Despite the overuse of piano in the song, I'll choose Bad Apples because I hate the harmonica on Obsession. I like harmonica in some genres (folk, blues and acoustic music, mostly), but not in my GNR. As a matter of fact, I really dislike the sound of anything other than drums, bass, guitar and main vocals in their music. If it's a ballad, like November Rain or whatever, okay. That makes sense to me. But horns on Move to the City? No. Horns can fuck off. And that includes Dark Side of the Moon, and all the other classic records that thought blending Bing Fuckin' Crosby and Jimi Hendrix was a good idea.

I’m always surprised at how under-appreciated Bad Apples is. It’s got this slinky instrumental (not to mention one of GNR’s stankiest riffs when the bridge goes to half time). The lyrics are really cool too, I think it’s what set Axl apart from his butt-rock contemporaries. Over that instrumental, a lesser writer (I.e. Vince Neil, Gary Cherone, Sebastian Bach et al) probably would’ve written about tits and ass over the slinky riffage, but Axl delivers this cynical rant about how fame and fortune has ultimately let him down. His delivery is cool too. It’s not his default ‘rage’ setting, it’s got this kind of wry, defeatist, self deprecating sardonicism. It’s catchy too, and is refreshingly short and punchy for a UYI track. Doesn’t outstay it’s welcome like so many of the others.

people hate it, but it tends to be one I listen to pretty regularly. Horses for courses. The ‘got some genuine imitation bad apples, free sample’ ad lib is pure David Lee Roth too… HAVE YOU SEEN JUNIORS GRADES?

Edited by Billy Cundy
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1