The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, RedHook said:

The above commenters claiming GNR never lied to us are doing it in a multi year old thread crated because of Lies Slash told us about two more singles from the Village Studios re-recordings , that he claimed was coming out 2 years ago. 😝 

There kinds of Lies have been going ever since the Chin Dem era stated in the late 90s. And even before.

The "nut swingers" denial of truth just added validity to my statement 

You need psychological help

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

the people on gnrevolution are saying there's hoarders of CD2 music?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=15932&p=21

how does that come about!? how are those tracks acquired?

and apparently Soul Monster and Se7en are traveling around?

In a lot of cases I think why keep this amongst yourselves but there's a chance the band would come after people leaking stuff that was supposed to come out on a proper CD II. I'd just be curious how it stacks up to CD I and if the sound is generally the same. 

17 minutes ago, mystery said:

In a lot of cases I think why keep this amongst yourselves but there's a chance the band would come after people leaking stuff that was supposed to come out on a proper CD II. I'd just be curious how it stacks up to CD I and if the sound is generally the same. 

If i was a hoarder, and a leaker, and also evil, what i would do is copy the songs onto usbs or cds, and leave them somewhere out in public. Maybe write a file/label on the USB or write on the cd, "Guns N Roses tracks - Unreleased" to make it more enticing. And hope that some other curious and clueless sucker would pick those objects up, maybe hoard the tracks for themselves, or do the leaking/spreading, and they can take the fall!

(but luckily i am neither a hoarder, nor a leaker, and possibly not evil. because littering objects in public is evil, right? no one likes littering!)

edit: I've thought of something even worse! How about, find an elementary or high school, leave the objects there, and because kids are bored and like social media and some don't understand consequences very well, you let the school-children pick up suspicious objects and do the rampant leaking?

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, RedHook said:

The above commenters claiming GNR never lied to us are doing it in a multi year old thread crated because of Lies Slash told us about two more singles from the Village Studios re-recordings , that he claimed was coming out 2 years ago. 😝 

There kinds of Lies have been going ever since the Chin Dem era stated in the late 90s. And even before.

The "nut swingers" denial of truth just added validity to my statement 

What? I didn't say anything about lying :lol:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

If i was a hoarder, and a leaker, and also evil, what i would do is copy the songs onto usbs or cds, and leave them somewhere out in public. Maybe write a file/label on the USB or write on the cd, "Guns N Roses tracks - Unreleased" to make it more enticing. And hope that some other curious and clueless sucker would pick those objects up, maybe hoard the tracks for themselves, or do the leaking/spreading, and they can take the fall!

(but luckily i am neither a hoarder, nor a leaker, and possibly not evil. because littering objects in public is evil, right? no one likes littering!)

edit: I've thought of something even worse! How about, find an elementary or high school, leave the objects there, and because kids are bored and like social media and some don't understand consequences very well, you let the school-children pick up suspicious objects and do the rampant leaking?

Or just go to the library and leak them yourselves there lol Can never be traced back to you (unless you got some personal  account at the library, but here you don’t)

These people don’t have the songs. It’s all an attention grab. And we’re all giving them attention by even discussing it, which is what they want, so we should just all agree to stop to even mention these “hoarders” until they actually prove they have material. 

45 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

The last time Slash put out a record with original GnR music it was 1991. The Berlin Wall had fallen only two years before. Operation Desert Storm began that year. Sonic the Hedgehog was released in the US.

Take a second to let that sink in folks.

5 presidents ago...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

The last time Slash put out a record with original GnR music it was 1991. The Berlin Wall had fallen only two years before. Operation Desert Storm began that year. Sonic the Hedgehog was released in the US.

Take a second to let that sink in folks.

Also the year Wolfgang Van Halen was born. He's now 32 years old and his band is now opening for bands like GnR.  He's also older now than Axl was in 1991. 

Also around the same that UYI albums were released, season 3 of the Simpsons started on September 19, 1991. Season 34 is now currently showing on TV.  

Edited by tboneman
  • Like 1

a talented hoarder like Axl, who had very talented people come up with ideas that he can turn into complete songs for him for years and has a knack for taking a good idea and making it even better, sometimes much better is bound to have some unreleased material that is worth a listen imo, and his honest recognition in the China Exchange interview about how limited the Gn'R catalog is, gives me some hope that he'll maybe release more material at some point in the future before Gn'R is over, even considering his history of almost never releasing his music in the last 30 plus years, but I'm not hung up on it, even if Gn'R is my favorite band, it's just music and there's nothing I can do to get Axl to do something that he doesn't want to do.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 1:44 AM, BucketEgg said:

the people on gnrevolution are saying there's hoarders of CD2 music?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=15932&p=21

how does that come about!? how are those tracks acquired?

and apparently Soul Monster and Se7en are traveling around?

What, this sentence? 

"If Se7en and Soul Monster are really in circulation right now, let’s talk"

That dude is subconsciously feeding off the energy and attention you (and me) are giving him right now. 

"Don't believe every shit you read on the internet."
- Confucius 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm 31 and I've been here/a fan for about 7 years. Which is just under 1/4 of my entire life.

*puts my hand on your shoulder* We. Are. All. Gonna. Fucking. Die. :lol:

Only 7 years LoL i have been a fan since the late 80s when I was still a child 😂

Had been watching this site until I bit the bullet and joined when the Axl forum chats was a thing.

• Like 1

I'm going to be the optimist and say that we will get new material from this band in calendar year 2023.

Fernando, as dumb as he is, has to be looking at the lackluster ticket sales, and understanding that people don't want the same setlist at shows for the eighth year in a row. The excitement of having Slash and Duff back has long worn off.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I'm going to be the optimist and say that we will get new material from this band in calendar year 2023.

Fernando, as dumb as he is, has to be looking at the lackluster ticket sales, and understanding that people don't want the same setlist at shows for the eighth year in a row. The excitement of having Slash and Duff back has long worn off.

You know, not to take anything away from your expectation of new material this year, but I simply don't think the vast majority of those who attend GN'R shows care much about setlists except that they will be disappointed if they don't hear the classics. GN'R has become one of those bands that you go to if you want to go to a rock show as part of a night out, to have something to discuss around the water cooler the next day, it is cultural capital, now you can wear the t shirt, it does't matter that much what is played as long as you hear Paradise City, November Rain, etc. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • GNFNR 1

59 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You know, not to take anything away from your expectation of new material this year, but I simply don't think the vast majority of those who attend GN'R shows care much about setlists except that they will be disappointed if they don't hear the classics. GN'R has become one of those bands that you go to if you want to go to a rock show as part of a night out, to have something to discuss around the water cooler the next day, it is cultural capital, now you can wear the t shirt, it does't matter that much what is played as long as you hear Paradise City, November Rain, etc. 

Yeah most people going to gigs won't care. It might give ticket sales a shot in the arm in terms of a boost in coverage.

But then again, GN'R aren't that big in the media anymore. A single or whatever isn't likely to gain that much traction. 

Whether or not management think any of those ways it's hard to know. They might think that it WOULD make a big difference - which is the best we can hope for.

2 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Well,the tour starts in a couple of weeks so if they're hoping to drive sales I'd say that ship has already sailed. 

The time to do it would have been when the tour got announced as part of a big campaign. 

41 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The time to do it would have been when the tour got announced as part of a big campaign. 

Yup, that would have been the sensible thing to do, if only from a business perspective. In an alternative universe…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Well,the tour starts in a couple of weeks so if they're hoping to drive sales I'd say that ship has already sailed. 

You’re definitely correct in a logical sense, though both Absurd and Hard Skool were released after that tour began. Which only shows there is no coherent marketing sense to how/when the spirit moves Axl to release new music. Which unfortunately only serves to make it somewhat of a non-event if they do, no matter how good the track(s) may be, which kind of sucks. It’s why Hard Skool only has a few million listens on YouTube despite it being a killer track. No real effort was put into supporting it.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1