The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 minute ago, Lethalis said:

What worries me is that Marco Beltrami said (a long time ago) that Seven was a better song than The General. So even if there is a chance The General might finally be released, I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

What if I don't even like the song?

I'm excited about Perhaps though. I already know the song has potential and hope they actually improved it (instead of butchering it). The soundcheck sounds promising.

Well hopefully we’ll get both the General & Seven soon so we can compare them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NachoLZ said:

What's great about The General is that no one here has actually listened to it.

Well, there is a certain phone recording... it's short and you hear people talking all the time, but in the background there's something that might be The General if I recall correctly.

My memory might be wrong though .. all this stuff is very long ago lol.

9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I wonder why they seem to be releasing these songs in pairs, and in this order. Interesting strategy.

The slowness of releasing them is exactly what I would expect from Axl. He works on geological time. 

As for why these are released, I guess a combo of releasing music that has already leaked and/or chronology. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lethalis said:

Well, there is a certain phone recording... it's short and you hear people talking all the time, but in the background there's something that might be The General if I recall correctly.

Yes, including vocals.

Edited by wreckless
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

Yeah I heard that one, but you can't make out anything memorable lol

12 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

What worries me is that Marco Beltrami said (a long time ago) that Seven was a better song than The General. So even if there is a chance The General might finally be released, I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

What if I don't even like the song?

I'm excited about Perhaps though. I already know the song has potential and hope they actually improved it (instead of butchering it). The soundcheck sounds promising.

Marco wasn’t referring to vocally complete songs. He was asked by someone if the other tracks he worked on had vocals to which he replied “no”. 

The General might make a live debut on July 11th in the Netherlands.
It's the first time I skip the tour because it doesn't fit my personal schedule and I don't need to see the same show again.....

And about "Seeing the same show again" I might be wrong.
Already regretting I won't go see GNR this year....I like the changes...and there might be more.

Rock on !

• Like 1

Absurd

Hard Skool

Perhaps

The General

Then the next big one would be Atlas Shrugged since we knew NuGNR had that one ready to go and it was pretty complete with vocals. Axl mentioned vocals for Soul Monster…

I do believe there was something in 2010-2014 semi ready. I don’t know if the alleged 2010 CD2 truly existed as a full album of 10+ songs, but I’d definitely believe there’s a few more with vocals aside from the Village Leaks. We are probably getting those versions with Slash and Duff pasted on where appropriate.

(Oh my god, it’s 2023, and we are still making these same posts again :lol:)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

This is key. And after Axl described it as the lyrical sequel to Estranged you know it’s gonna have some great Slash magic on it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

I’m not so sure about that. I think there’s one or two who might have. Not me though.

I wonder if recent events might cause the hoarders to get twitchy

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

This is key. And after Axl described it as the lyrical sequel to Estranged you know it’s gonna have some great Slash magic on it.

Can I see the source for that quote? :o

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

I’m not so sure about that. I think there’s one or two who might have. Not me though.

Well maybe, but we heard Hard School, Absurd, Silkworms, Perhaps, State of Grace if it comes out, you know what I mean, for us normal diehards :lol:

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

Another reason I’d love it to drop sooner than later now. Imagine hearing a GNR song that hasn’t leaked years prior to its release. 😆

• Like 1