The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

They won’t, but man how great would it be it the next EP (or whatever this ends up being) drops all at once? 😱

They absolutely won’t. But they 100 percent should release an EP with at least six tracks. Something cool and cohesive. The drip feed is lame and getting old. I loved that they dropped “Absurd” and “Hard Skool.” Both bangers, albeit disappointing production-wise. 

The General - State of Grace - Atlas Shrugged - Perhaps - Absurd - Hard Skool.

There’s your EP. Got. Damn it. Even if you just leave off “Absurd” and “Hard Skool,” I’d still STFU for at least a couple months before I start requesting more old material or newly written songs. LOL

• Like 4

The reason these songs didn't materialise in 2022 like Slash said they would is because Axl didn't want to waste the rest of the songs by putting them out as one off singles or an EP, he wanted enough material to be worked on for an entire album. The plan is to release a single and perform it live on this tour, coinciding the single release with an announcement for the new album scheduled for fall of 2023. Then 2024 will be the tour in support of that album.

Well, that's the dream anyway.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Towelie said:

The reason these songs didn't materialise in 2022 like Slash said they would is because Axl didn't want to waste the rest of the songs by putting them out as one off singles or an EP, he wanted enough material to be worked on for an entire album. The plan is to release a single and perform it live on this tour, coinciding the single release with an announcement for the new album scheduled for fall of 2023. Then 2024 will be the tour in support of that album.

In a perfect world….

We can dream 😁

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Towelie said:

e33b96a7-5fae-47c1-b4c7-60cce9a2818f_tex

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

It does not sound similar enough to the Oklahoma outro to say with certainty that it is. There is maybe a vague similarity but none of the same music is playing.

It wouldn't be a GNR forum if GNR fans didn't purposefully call unidentified clips other songs with such certainty :lol:

I think that clip has been called nearly every unreleased Village sessions demo at this point, as has The General lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:
15 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Why are people still speculating and holding out for a full album release? Slash said exactly what the plan was in regards to what's coming and how it's coming ... 4-6 songs total released in 1-2 song increments ... NO FULL ALBUM 

Beaven said recently that he’s pretty sure they’re gonna do an album now, so maybe the plan changed?

If we do get an album, I imagine like half the songs will be covers/remakes.

Edited by rocknroll41

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Beaven said recently that he’s pretty sure they’re gonna do an album now, so maybe the plan changed?

Why wouldn't they just do the full album (ChiDem2) from the start then? It doesn't make any sense. It can't be anything BUT those songs (minus new covers of course) because Slash confirmed they haven't recorded anything new and haven't even begun the process of writing anything new. Slash and Duff already did their parts on whatever ChiDem 2 songs were slated to be released, so the plan hasn't changed, because they wouldn't release half an album redone by Slash and Duff and then the rest still original. 

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

after he made that comment I think later it was clarified that Beaven said it not based on anything concrete.

• Thanks 1

It’s a shame if these songs Axl laboured over for so long are thrown onto an EP with little fan fare. Granted, it’s better they be officially released than nothing at all, but I’d love for them to just cherry pick the absolute best Axl has and get a full body of work out as a follow up to Chinese.

Slash has mentioned previously about a potential GNR album with those songs, dropping singles sporadically to then release it all as an album, so who knows what could happen?

• Like 2

I don't know why people are expecting more than two songs this year. It's pretty clear that they are releasing songs whilst they are touring. That's the reason they are being released at all, to promote the tour. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I don't know why people are expecting more than two songs this year. It's pretty clear that they are releasing songs whilst they are touring. That's the reason they are being released at all, to promote the tour. 

Yeah they’ll probably just keep dropping one or two songs every time they do a lap around the world, from now on.

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

It’s a race to the finish. On one side we have 82 unreleased but remixed ready to go UYI live tracks. On the other side we have 2 or 4 or 6 tracks that might be all new or might be reworked that may or may not be ready to go. 

13 minutes ago, Dean said:

It’s a shame if these songs Axl laboured over for so long are thrown onto an EP with little fan fare. Granted, it’s better they be officially released than nothing at all, but I’d love for them to just cherry pick the absolute best Axl has and get a full body of work out as a follow up to Chinese.

Slash has mentioned previously about a potential GNR album with those songs, dropping singles sporadically to then release it all as an album, so who knows what could happen?

Not he did not mention a potential album. Why are people either willfully ignoring what he said or choosing to not read the dozens of times myself and others have clarified ....

Slash said they already released 2 songs, and that there are potentially only 2-4 more coming. They would then all be released together as an EP ... 4-6 songs total. Those being ChiDem 2 songs that Slash and Duff reworked. It's like a broken record. For whatever reason we will never know, Axl has abandoned what remains of his ChiDem project except a few songs .. 2 of which are Hardschool and Absurd. We will be seeing only 2-4 more songs from that era, going by what Slash said, which is the most recent and only information on new music plans we have to go by from an actual source.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Agreed. And frankly I’d be thrilled with two songs vs no songs especially if one is the General!

• Like 1