The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

15 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

Who's keeping an eye on spotify in Australia? 

It'll be on linkfire first probably. Im in australia and do check every midnight towards the end of the week (and when im up that late), but tonight im going to bed haha.

Edited by Sonicjam

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think this is related to Slash's solo project, but more likely listening to new GN'R releases (live music or a forthcoming single) or live mixes in preparation for the show at Glastonbury. 

Again, it doesn't make sense to listen to live mixes for Glastonbury in a studio. They were there to test mix with different speakers and headphones, which is a very common practice when mixing a studio song, especially now that most people listen to streaming using bluetooth headphones and headsets. If you mix a song, you want it to be clear in every setup, especially the voice and midrange instruments such as guitars. It's quite hard to get this "good in everything" stage - I have great monitor speakers for mixing, but I always need to test a mix in my smartphone, car and TV to check if my vocals are clear enough for anyone to understand the lyrics.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, davisp said:

how did the NA dates sell so far? If they sold well they might postpone a release. If interest is low they might release a song or two or a whole album to create a buzz.

image.png.8548fb30dae38043dc7d92a05866f63f.png

image.thumb.png.572a448f85a96c006ab45aa975f6d14b.png

Fingers crossed for new music 🤞🏼

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, betterman said:

Big grin from Slash when asked about new GNR music is positive! It will come out and sounds like its more than a couple of songs

People that deal face to face in the public sector are used to deal with people that they don't like and being treated in ways they don't feel comfortable with and still do their best to smile and avoid weird situations. Slash's response is pretty much that.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The sight of Axl and Slash was in a different studio. The guitar part for Demi Lovato was in a different place that the one with Axl.

For the way Slash sound GNR Will have a touring hiatus in 2024, so the logic in this case tell me GNR will not release an album in the near future. Why release something if you will not promote It? I'm sad....

What new album?? There is no new album lmao groundhog day in this forum 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

What did Fortus say a week or so ago when a fan asked about new music? "Rest a while" or something like that. LOL

No, the fan said he was tired of waiting for new music. So Fortus told him to rest a while. It doesn't mean anything but to rest when you're tired. Zero meaning.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lio said:

No, the fan said he was tired of waiting for new music. So Fortus told him to rest a while. It doesn't mean anything but to rest when you're tired. Zero meaning.

Ah, I stand corrected.

8 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

A new single will barely boost ticket sales, if at all. Now sure why every thinks Perhaps being released will help sell out stadiums. 95% of the audience is there for WTTJ, SCOM, PC, etc. 

IIUC the reasoning usually isn't that people will buy tickets to hear the new songs played, but that the publicity from new music will help boost sales.

1 hour ago, davisp said:

how did the NA dates sell so far? If they sold well they might postpone a release. If interest is low they might release a song or two or a whole album to create a buzz.

Hard to release an album out of the blue based on poor sales IF the sakes are bad. They have to have physically copies in the pipeline too and that takes time

10 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

A new single will barely boost ticket sales, if at all. Now sure why every thinks Perhaps being released will help sell out stadiums. 95% of the audience is there for WTTJ, SCOM, PC, etc. 

Probably won't make a difference yeah but it's the possible bit of publicity that may make people go.. I wonder are they playing near me. Can't see it moving the dial too much though

So that’s a new FfuD record and Slice record coming.  Wonder how Axl Grease feels about that?  Wonder if he even cares at this point.  I assume not being he didn’t release any of his own music.  I never understood why all of this music we heard axl writes on his own on piano has never gotten released.  He could easily hire session players to finish an album and bam. Shit I’d take a W.A. Rose Album now if he did that with what’s left of the Chinese songs. 

32 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

So since the reunion, Slash has released 2 albums with a third on the way as well as guesting on a few other projects. 

Part of me almost wants him to leave and focus full time on some of these more productive projects 

I agree, and bring back Bucket!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

"Stay tuned" ... Something tells me we're gonna be waiting a while longer for the next song 

yep that's standard slash talk for "I have very little idea what's going on and I don't really care its an Axl problem but it'll probably be a while yet"

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Ah, I stand corrected.

IIUC the reasoning usually isn't that people will buy tickets to hear the new songs played, but that the publicity from new music will help boost sales.

1 hour ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Probably won't make a difference yeah but it's the possible bit of publicity that may make people go.. I wonder are they playing near me. Can't see it moving the dial too much though

Yes, great points. That being said, I still believe the boost will be minor. 

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Wasn't "4" his pandemic project?

He probably has recorded the solo album (or most of it), yes. Not during covid, though, but in early 2023. He had told Eddie Trunk in late 2022 that in early 2023 he would be recording.

Yes but they recorded that in about 2 weeks.

7 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

again that weirdo with the snake?

Ugh she's so annoying. 

Funny thing is, I actually met her in April at NAMM. She's way older than she lets on, like she's probably around my mom's age. And of course she's always got to drop names and act like she's some big deal.

8 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Tracklist of upcoming EP

1.Within six months!

2.As we speak

3.There will be news (probably even this week

4.Any Day now

5. It comes out when it comes out

6. Stay Tuned