The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

GNR's approach is like back when Michael Jackson died and they put out an album of unreleased songs with reworked instrumentals. Basically the same thing GNR does now, only that Axl is still alive.

I’d never thought about it like that, but you’re exactly right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

I hope if they ever put an album out it'll be called "Posthumous", because it would be the first ever posthumous album where the singer is actually still alive.

I mean, GNR's approach is like back when Michael Jackson died and they put out an album of unreleased songs with reworked instrumentals. Basically the same thing GNR does now, only that Axl is still alive.

That's great point. If you imagine Axl is no longer around then these single releases actually make perfect sense. 

• Like 1

I don’t understand why everyone thinks The General is the pick for the next single.

We’ve heard close to *nothing* of that song, same for some ambient background noise of a cell phone recording that *might* have some vocals on it.

Meanwhile, Atlas Shrugged is fully formed and ready to go.

Look, I *hope* it’s something we haven’t heard like The General because I’ve heard Atlas and I’m not impressed, to say the least.

But smart money still has to be on Atlas Shrugged as being next, no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maystar said:

Sorry If this has already been answered elsewhere, but what makes people think we'll get The General next, other than that set list photo?

4 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I don’t understand why everyone thinks The General is the pick for the next single.

We’ve heard close to *nothing* of that song, same for some ambient background noise of a cell phone recording that *might* have some vocals on it.

Look, I *hope* it’s something we haven’t heard like The General because I’ve heard Atlas and I’m not impressed, to say the least.

- We have seen a real setlist with The General at the back page

- We have 2 soundchecks of last year, one matches the drum pattern of the short cell recording of that party in Viena 2010

- We have the Instagram history of the official account where Perhaps and The G can be seen, and It's not probable that It's The Garden

Do we have any sign of Atlas, State of Grace, Soul Monster, Oklahoma...? The answer is no, that's why The General seems to be the next one

• Like 3

Sorry, but so much of that is too much of a stretch for me.

25 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

We have seen a real setlist with The General at the back page

When is that setlist from? The same era they were supposedly using the the instrumental track as intro music? Are there any NITL-or later setlists with The General on it?

26 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

- We have 2 soundchecks of last year, one matches the drum pattern of the short cell recording of that party in Viena 2010

That’s a very basic drum pattern.

27 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

- We have the Instagram history of the official account where Perhaps and The G can be seen, and It's not probable that It's The Garden

That is the only one that intrigues me. Though looking at it, I’m curious what the next letter is after “The G,” because it doesn’t look like an E. It almost looks a lower case G, which obviously doesn’t make sense.

Was Garden of Eden ever soundchecked or listed as an alternate? Possible someone write “The Garden of Eden” vs. “Garden of Eden”?

36 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

- We have seen a real setlist with The General at the back page

Do we have any sign of Atlas, State of Grace, Soul Monster, Oklahoma...? The answer is no, that's why The General seems to be the next one

Okay, it would make sense for them to release The General, since not even hard-core fans have properly heard it, and then that way there would be something 'new'. (to us at least)

Also, didn't Slash's wife upload a soundcheck of Oklahoma/Berlin last year?

2 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

When is that setlist from? The same era they were supposedly using the the instrumental track as intro music? Are there any NITL-or later setlists with The General on it?

The setlist is from this tour you can find It here but I can remember exactly the page, I think @Blackstar can show It to you and It has been proved that It's real.

3 minutes ago, Maystar said:

Okay, it would make sense for them to release The General, since not even hard-core fans have properly heard it, and then that way there would be something 'new'. (to us at least)

Also, didn't Slash's wife upload a soundcheck of Oklahoma/Berlin last year?

We thought that was Oklahoma but after listening again we arrived to the conclusion of The General because of the drum pattern is similar to the one on the cell recording of years ago, if It's Oklahoma I wouldn't mind😁

52 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Why do you keep saying it might have vocals on it, have you listened to the recording? The vocals are pretty obviously there and audible lol.

Edited by Jw224

Just now, Jw224 said:

Why do you keep saying it might have vocals on it, have you listened to the recording? The vocals are pretty obviously there lol.

Yeah, I’ve listened to the recording. There are moments where I think “that -might- be a vocal” but nothing concrete.

• Haha 2

Speaking of that cell recording, I think it's been removed off youtube. I can find a couple uploads of Evader's mix (which is awesome btw), but that party recording is gone. Isn't that what happened with Perhaps...

makes me think (unless i'm stupid and it been gone for months:shrugs:)

1 hour ago, Dani_1455 said:

The setlist is from this tour you can find It here but I can remember exactly the page, I think @Blackstar can show It to you and It has been proved that It's real.

Yeah, the setlist is from the first show of this tour in Abu Dhabi. It's actually one of the popular posts in the topic stats on the right of the page:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Why do you keep saying it might have vocals on it, have you listened to the recording? The vocals are pretty obviously there and audible lol.

he keeps saying pretty much the same thing like every week, doesn't matter what anyone tells him

4 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Sorry, but so much of that is too much of a stretch for me.

That’s a very basic drum pattern.

That is the only one that intrigues me. Though looking at it, I’m curious what the next letter is after “The G,” because it doesn’t look like an E. It almost looks a lower case G, which obviously doesn’t make sense.

Was Garden of Eden ever soundchecked or listed as an alternate? Possible someone write “The Garden of Eden” vs. “Garden of Eden”?

C'mon guys it's obvious that "The G" stands for The Great Pretender

:awesomeface:

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Also, just because you can't recognize the vocals in that cell recording, it doesn't mean others with better ears can't. 

I'm having 2002 flashbacks here, when people didn't want to believe that the NA tour promo had studio snippets of Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues. There were people swearing it was from the live versions/soundboard. Of course, 20 years later we know it was indeed studio recordings, but it's the same thing: there are people that can identify and get the nuances by ear just fine. 

Well first off, I commend you and the others on your excellent listening abilities. I apologize for not being able to hear it myself.

As for the 2002 flashbacks, I very much heard those and instantly identified them as new studio recordings - especially Madagascar, which had never been performed in that broken raspy timbre live. I guess my ears have degraded in the last 19 years.

1 hour ago, Uncle Bob said:

he keeps saying pretty much the same thing like every week, doesn't matter what anyone tells him

What’s your problem? I say the same thing because the same topic is being discussed, and I’m still not sold. I’m not supposed to share my opinion on a fucking *discussion forum* just to make you feel better?

So because other people say they hear it, that means I should accept it? Do you know how many people here were convinced that Spotify had a copy of a new album because they searched “Soul Monster” and Guns N’ Roses popped up in the search query? How’d that turn out?

And I didn’t say I don’t hear it. I said there are times when I listen and think “that sounds like a vocal” and other times when I think “hm, that could just be background noise.” I said it’s inconclusive to me. If you have a problem with that, that’s your fucking problem. Not mine.

I also say, every week, that I don’t like Perhaps. Should I change my opinion on that as well?

For the record, I hope they *do* release The General next because, cell phone recordings or not, there’s not enough that’s audible for me to have an opinion on it one way or the other. So hopefully it’ll be good, because I’m not crazy about Perhaps or Atlas Shrugged, and I’d like to hear another Guns N’ Roses song that I enjoy. Is that okay?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think if Axl was confident enough to play The General at the Vienna party then that means there are vocals on the full song, and that they’re actually “complete” vocals and not just scratch takes like State Of Grace and Quick Song.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 4