SOON IS THE WORD (again) - Nightrain-exclusive live cd coming EDIT: Live cd gets removed from standard package, only in premium package

As I said back then. I don't think they only remastered few (!) Rio, London, Tokyo and Paris tracks. They will have rendered the entire show through Jarmo's Audacity.

And with the London Live EP it's confirmed that they did more than just a few tracks.

1 minute ago, t-p-d-a said:

As I said back then. I don't think they only remastered few (!) Rio, London, Tokyo and Paris tracks. They will have rendered the entire show through Jarmo's Audacity.

And with the London Live EP it's confirmed that they did more than just a few tracks.

It was confirmed months ago by the guy who mixed them, they have the full shows remastered and ready for release 

• Like 4

The guy who mixed the shows confirmed he did multiple full shows for possible inclusion for the box set. So they do have fully mixed London 91, Paris 92, Rio 91, and maybe Tokyo 92. I am still not convinced those bonus tracks were newly mixed, but it is possible.  

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It was confirmed months ago by the guy who mixed them, they have the full shows remastered and ready for release 

Jinx! lol

I got an email this afternoon stating my order is preparing to ship, so maybe I'll see it by the end of next week. If the "surprise gift" ends up being the vinyl of Hard Skool, I'm ok with it. I had been hoping it might have been the Ritz '91 lithograph, but then I realized people were actually buying that, and the surprise gifts are items that nobody was interested in paying for.

I just caved and bought the cheap Nightrain membership renewal :lol::lol:

I really wanted the London CD and I've been after the silver Nightrain 7" for some time, so to get that as the "free gift" is pretty decent as far as I'm concerned.

£42 for that pair is pretty good value in my opinion, plus they won't be getting money out of me on this upcoming tour because I'm busy on the date of the Hyde Park gig.

Edited by jackparker123

On 6/1/2023 at 12:59 AM, jackparker123 said:

I just caved and bought the cheap Nightrain membership renewal :lol::lol:

I really wanted the London CD and I've been after the silver Nightrain 7" for some time, so to get that as the "free gift" is pretty decent as far as I'm concerned.

£42 for that pair is pretty good value in my opinion, plus they won't be getting money out of me on this upcoming tour because I'm busy on the date of the Hyde Park gig.

£42 for a 7 inch single and a 6 track CD is good value?! 

I wouldn't agree with you on that one! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

£42 for a 7 inch single and a 6 track CD is good value?! 

I wouldn't agree with you on that one! 

Good value for money might be pushing it! 

But I'm only seeing copies of that Nightrain Hard Skool vinyl going for fairly big money online (discogs £81 cheapest listed for sale!).

And then the London CD would probably be £10 if it was sold separately.

I also get pin badges I think :lol:

3 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Good value for money might be pushing it! 

But I'm only seeing copies of that Nightrain Hard Skool vinyl going for fairly big money online (discogs £81 cheapest listed for sale!).

And then the London CD would probably be £10 if it was sold separately.

I also get pin badges I think :lol:

I imagine it might drop in price now we know there's loads of them they've got sitting around! 

To be fair, if the CD had been the full gig I might have considered getting it. 6 tracks just seems needlessly mean spirited. 

1 hour ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I swear, the only band that can't get it's act together as far as shipping orders in a timely fashion, is this one. I've never had issues with any other band, and receiving the merchandise when it was promised.

Agreed, i got an email 12 days ago telling me my order has been shipped, and it's still sitting there. 

7 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Agreed, i got an email 12 days ago telling me my order has been shipped, and it's still sitting there. 

My email came 7 days ago, I was beginning to think there was something wrong with my order. I keep checking the UPS tracking, zero updates since 2nd June.

32 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Just saw a post in a GN'R facebook group

Someone got two copies of the 7 inch Hard Skool single and no Live EP

Thanks Beta by take care fans 

This mixup is better than the old one 

:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

No, fuck him for still, after all these years, not being able to find a competent company that can send out these things correctly and in a timely manner. Everyone else in the world (including Duff and Slash, maybe he should ask them some advice) seems to do just fine with that. But for some reason, things always go wrong with GNR stuff. The unprofessionalism is incredible.

I don't keep a mental list over the band's unprofessionality, but I am sure there are some examples (it must be for such a big organization), like poorly mixed and selected live videos to release on YouTube, slow release of physical singles and gifts, etc. Luckily, what matters, the touring, has gone remarkably well since 2016. Anyway, I just found the thought that Fernando was doing the packaging himself, and not a third party, humorous. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Lio said:

No, fuck him for still, after all these years, not being able to find a competent company that can send out these things correctly and in a timely manner. Everyone else in the world (including Duff and Slash, maybe he should ask them some advice) seems to do just fine with that. But for some reason, things always go wrong with GNR stuff. The unprofessionalism is incredible.

he simply doesn't care.

fans spend money anyway, he earns anyway, everything else doesn't count for him

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't keep a mental list over the band's unprofessionality, but I am sure there are some examples (it must be for such a big organization), like poorly mixed and selected live videos to release on YouTube, slow release of physical singles and gifts, etc. Luckily, what matters, the touring, has gone remarkably well since 2016. Anyway, I just found the thought that Fernando was doing the packaging himself, and not a third party, humorous. 

Lol, I was reading too fast and read your last sentence as: Anyway, I just found out that Fernando was doing the packaging himself, and not a third party, humorous. 

I was already thinking: Jesus, has he contacted Beta for that? :lol:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

My email came 7 days ago, I was beginning to think there was something wrong with my order. I keep checking the UPS tracking, zero updates since 2nd June.

I ordered three vinyls from The Sound Of Vinyl website this past Tuesday, June 6th. They're going to be delivered TOMORROW, June 10th. Shipping from Louisville, KY, whereas the the Nightrain shipment is coming from Virginia. I live in New Hampshire, and Virginia is closer to me than Kentucky.

I can't get one update about the Nightrain package. It honestly makes me want to shy away from buying merch at the official website store.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:40 PM, Team RamRod said:

Just got mine in, the surprise gift was the fucking Hard Skool 7" that I got as a memebership gift last year.  I love it, but I don't need 2.

That is poor, but if you’re based in UK and willing to sell I’d be interested in buying the second copy off you as I missed out on that 7” first time around.