SLASH To Resume Touring With SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS In January 2024

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Didn't Slash say a few months ago that SMKC would start touring again in January?

GNR will probably do another tour in the second half of next year, then take a few months off, rinse and repeat. I know Slash mentioned wanting to write a new GNR album after this tour wraps up, but did anyone actually believe that would happen?

Well. There is a picture in a studio AND the studio says new mixes....so who knows?

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Mixes of CD-era songs (or maybe even just one song?) that was re-recorded a couple years ago... he said they hadn't recorded anything other than a few of Axl's songs and wanted to start writing actual new songs at the end of this tour, but that probably won't happen if he's working on a TV show and rehearsing for the SMKC tour.

Well. He says that in february. The picture was in june. But any of us could be right. They say new mixes. English Is not my native language but Is plural. I maintain my hope

Hopefully they hit the Philly area.  Would love to see them again.

As for GnR I don't know what you expect, Axl really isn't interested in doing albums anymore.  I'm sure Slash and most of everyone in the band would love to but after the Chinese Democracy experience I doubt Axl would ever want to go thru that again.  Hopefully I'm wrong!  I think you just have to take it for what it is though.  At least there is some material we know of that will eventually come out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Hopefully they hit the Philly area.  Would love to see them again.

As for GnR I don't know what you expect, Axl really isn't interested in doing albums anymore.  I'm sure Slash and most of everyone in the band would love to but after the Chinese Democracy experience I doubt Axl would ever want to go thru that again.  Hopefully I'm wrong!  I think you just have to take it for what it is though.  At least there is some material we know of that will eventually come out.

Agree with this, think your spot on. I think I'm starting to realise that touring is Axls ONLY intention. And that CD was his swansong moment imo. Yes new CD era, frankinsteined, music is coming, but that's it. Thank God the locker leaks occurred. 

• Like 3

If SMKC made a good record again like world on fire I don't think I'd mind too much, but the project seems to be out of steam ever since Slash returned to gnr... So I just see no point in Slash returning to it other than for tours to perform the back catalogue. The albums since the gnr reunion have been poor. I think Slash wouldn't enjoy the process of actually making a gnr record, where he wouldn't be able to hurry through the process and be in the driver seat. Slash needs somebody to challenge him again though. Write 8 great songs and hit the road with SMKC and I'll shut my pie hole.

I guess in Slash's mind, he's done his bit with gnr and those songs still haven't come out so he just needs to keep moving and he can do that with SMKC, GNR will almost certainly resume touring in 2024... Probably wouldn't be a great idea for Axl to take a year off at this stage in his voice anyway! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Didn't Slash say a few months ago that SMKC would start touring again in January?

GNR will probably do another tour in the second half of next year, then take a few months off, rinse and repeat. I know Slash mentioned wanting to write a new GNR album after this tour wraps up, but did anyone actually believe that would happen?

Yes ... A lot of people here do actually believe that will happen! lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think Slash wouldn't enjoy the process of actually making a gnr record, where he wouldn't be able to hurry through the process and be in the driver seat.

I don't know if it's 100% Slash needing to be in the driver's seat, I think he'd be OK with Axl rejecting some ideas he had, asking him to change them or even suggesting a different overall direction. I think it's just that he's not inspired at all to just remove the CD band from already completed tracks and copy and paste new stuff over it. It's not the way he has ever written music.

• Like 2

Its a strange position for Slash to be in right now. 

It's clear that him and Axl haven't wrote together at all in the 7 years or so. All he can really do in Guns is record some guitar on songs that he may not even feel much for and hope it gets released one day... 

He can do a SMKC album but it probably won't be good unless they can put some proper time into it which is difficult when you're touring in Guns. 

I personally think Guns will go on hiatus soon enough for at least 2 years then come back with for another few years of touring with renewed demand and then retire with probably only a few more Chinese leftovers released.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1