Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

55 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

IF, the release is delayed, there’s a possibility they’re gearing up for a larger release which is taking longer to organic. Currently, Perhaps, Atlas, the General and ‘Soul Mon’ (not the Jamaican remix 😂) are bring up results for GnR in Spotify (in UK).

Its a stretch I know.

It this stage I’m so frustrated about them not releasing anything I’d take a reggae novelty record version of “da soul monster and ting”

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Given the experience of Axl, Slash and Duff, collectively they might be dealing with the record label directly or indirectly themselves. 

I have no doubt Axl is at the helm of it for sure, that is why so much stuff doesn't come out

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

So dumb... There's a big fucking difference between November rain and the Chinese tracks. 

1. 1983 to 1991 does not add up to 20+ years

2. People weren't aware of November rain being around in some form or another since 1983

3. November rain turned into a great song that is ultimately light years away from the demo... Without hearing perhaps I will say it's closer to a hair away from the leak.

4. When November rain came out the band was basically fully intact. They hadn't been separated for 20yrs with a public clamouring for reunions etc.

I also never said the music irrelevant (relevant yes, but you misinterpreted what I meant). I think the Van Halen album DKOT was excellent, largely based from demos from the 70s... Difference was that the material was strong. Read what I said, again. 

The November Rain demos were in circulation since the late 80s.

I love this forum and all of us fans.  So far in 1.5 weeks, we have convinced ourselves that Perhaps was definitely coming out on the 11th.  Now, with no real proof again, we have convinced ourselves its not coming out.  

Edited by fabrph5
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 2

18 minutes ago, inho said:

Thanks

does anyone know if radiorock Italy is legit?

Internal  sources is fernando on holiday in Rimini ??

"Internal sources" does not necessarily mean the band or TB.

IF they really have internal sources, my bet is that it's someone from Universal Italy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

"Internal sources" does not necessarily mean the band or TB.

IF they really have internal sources, my bet is that it's someone from Universal Italy.

That sounds like a reasonable theory to me

This might be a stupid question but how did anyone realise the save link for perhaps existed in the first place?

does it pop up on your Spotify account automatically if the pre save is a band you like 

I don’t get it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, inho said:

That sounds like a reasonable theory to me

This might be a stupid question but how did anyone realise the save link for perhaps existed in the first place?

does it pop up on your Spotify account automatically if the pre save is a band you like 

I don’t get it

People have been checking the GN'R linkfire URL constantly to see if there was a Perhaps page. See also these posts a few pages back:

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/226145-perhaps-august-11/?do=findComment&comment=5016890

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/226145-perhaps-august-11/?do=findComment&comment=5016902

It's crazy that they would delay this song release. Like what could be the hold up?  The song has to be done. I can't imagine there is going to be some giant marketing campaign for one song.  Even if there was a physical release delaying things it would be all online orders anyway so that would not hold anything up.

So many news outlets have already reported the song coming out, why would you want any bad press surrounding it?

Just a bizarre decision by universal if it actually is delayed 

1 minute ago, Bitchisback said:

It's crazy that they would delay this song release. Like what could be the hold up?  The song has to be done. I can't imagine there is going to be some giant marketing campaign for one song.  Even if there was a physical release delaying things it would be all online orders anyway so that would not hold anything up.

So many news outlets have already reported the song coming out, why would you want any bad press surrounding it?

Yup its being advertised so much this week that the casual fan might think to check it out, but by delaying it they will probably forget about it by next week

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Why do people think it’s not coming now? This follows the exact same release pattern as Absurd. Why wouldn’t it be Perhaps now and The General in the fall?

Because the leaked image that made us believe it was coming out in the first place was of a count down, so people are speculating that If that's the case the countdown should be out already. Also somebody made the math and apparently it should have been out already. 

There also is an Italian article that claims internal sources informed it has been posticipated. 

Honestly I hope it does come out and that if plans have changed its only about the plan of releasing a countdown and that they gonna make a surprise release but who knows at this point.

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

People have been checking the GN'R linkfire URL constantly to see if there was a Perhaps page. See also these posts a few pages back:

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/226145-perhaps-august-11/?do=findComment&comment=5016890

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/226145-perhaps-august-11/?do=findComment&comment=5016902

"See also these posts a few pages back" As more time passes, this forum becomes Guns N' Roses Wikipedia. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lelex95 said:

Because the leaked image that made us believe it was coming out in the first place was of a count down, so people are speculating that If that's the case the countdown should be out already. Also somebody made the math and apparently it should have been out already. 

There also is an Italian article that claims internal sources informed it has been posticipated. 

Honestly I hope it does come out and that if plans have changed its only about the plan of releasing a countdown and that they gonna make a surprise release but who knows at this point.

I don't think that the countdown is that relevant, however the linkfire page should have normally been up by now, considering that it will be Friday in New Zealand in less than 15 hours and that there was a pre-save option in the draft page.

But the link still redirects to the GN'R website, so the release is just delayed and not cancelled or anything like that.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

There will never be some giant marketing campaign with anything related to Guns N’ Roses. The days of midnight record releases, constant press when Illusions came out, is long gone. They’ll have a couple online articles when the song comes out, radio will play it (possibly) a few times, then it’ll go away and Sweet Child O’ Mine will be back in heavy rotation. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

I don’t think so. 
I think if anything the box sets and yet more pressings of appetite is for the label. The singles seem more personal to Axl..that seems very evident when he sings absurd live. 

Also if you look at the singles HS & Absurd on Spotify they are released c p Guns N’Roses, under exclusive licence to Geffen Records.

Everything else including uyi box set is UMG recordings, inc.

I’m not an expert but I think that indicates GN’R has more control over the singles.

I agree. Other than distribution of physical music (which was butchered with Hardskool, to be fair probably due to COVID) I don’t really know what a label does anymore for a band as big as GN’R. 

interested in what happened to Black Frog and why that was solely used for Chinese 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

The November Rain demos were in circulation since the late 80s.

Yeah but we're talking hundreds of people knowing vs millions of people being aware of the Chinese stuff. When November rain came out, the media wasn't "shelved AFD song reworked for UYI". It already is that way for Perhaps

• Like 1

Does anyone else find this all kinda hilarious? There is a website with a countdown and then it’s gone. The band says nothing. All the media outlets report it is happening. The band says nothing. Then an Italian newspaper says next week.  (Italy really lol) And wait for it- the band says nothing. I’ve learned more about the inner workings of Guns N Roses from the guy who chases Axl’s microphone around than I’ve learned from anyone else in the last 15 years. 

• Like 4