Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

Still restraining myself for not listening to the phone recordings but it's nice to hear all the positive comments going on and you guys enjoying this track. Gives me hope. And also the fact that apparently even the vocals are not half assedly the same as in the locker leaks. Good stuff. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

It sounds like a different vocal take for sure on the lead vocals, that said it has the same Axl vocal qualities as his late-90s voice he used for Chinese mostly so if I had to take a guess it is still in that timeframe, the Village Session version we have just a different vocal comp or an earlier vocal pass?

The low voice on the chorus could be a later addition though, right?  Like the low voice on the chorus part of There Was A Time which didn't appear on the early leaked demos we got from it

The mix sounds punchy, maybe it is just the speakers from the bar but I am digging the heavy low end bass presence and hope it is like that on the actual mix on our speakers/cans

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

FFS stop with the link shit! We can't have links shared so don't ask and don't do the '"don't send me a link" bollocks either.

This is the last warning, warning points can be given if it continues

Thank you :)

If you don't abide by the rules, I will ask Janrichmond for your ips and personally show up at your door with a dildo and the law enforcement of your country.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

If you don't abide by the rules, I will ask Janrichmond for your ips and personally show up at your door with a dildo and the law enforcement of your country.

i'll bring a dildo too. 

• Haha 1

I think we make fuzz about the solo transition because we know Robin ålayed those two notes. If we heard the song for the first time we wouldnt have noticed this as any "glitch"

Great song, i think some of the synth/strings have been reduced in chorus and can hear more piano in the building up

Just now, BluegrassBlues said:

Sorry I know this is a very noob question, but when was Perhaps written? I'm digging what I'm hearing and enjoying it, but what is the time frame on it? Is it about anything or anybody in particular? 

Written in 1999

• Thanks 1

Just now, BluegrassBlues said:

Sorry I know this is a very noob question, but when was Perhaps written? I'm digging what I'm hearing and enjoying it, but what is the time frame on it? Is it about anything or anybody in particular? 

Apparantly in 1999, by Paul Huey

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, betterman said:

I think we make fuzz about the solo transition because we know Robin ålayed those two notes. If we heard the song for the first time we wouldnt have noticed this as any "glitch"

Great song, i think some of the synth/strings have been reduced in chorus and can hear more piano in the building up

You're right about that no one seems to realize this, if we didn't know the backstory and it never leaked in 2019 this wouldn't even be a topic of discussion reaching multiple pages, it would maybe be mentioned as a "hmm that's strange but alright" thing. People who never heard the leak would never make a big deal out of it. It's like 2 seconds of a 4 minute song, 1-2 guitar bends and people are like "this is shit" haha.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

The GNR camp really is a joke without even commenting on all this. It makes them look even more incompetent 🤷‍♂️

Or are they? I mean they’re doing nothing and it’s still making headlines so.. all play and no work!