Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

11 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I assume the gesture towards radio in the US is because they’re hoping they can help them promote the numerous upcoming dates that have very sluggish sales. 

Yeah that's more than likely the thinking. They probably should have had this out to radio the week After Europe, and this week for a surprise they should be dropping The general or whatever is considered the best of the best to radio and a few hours later to streaming once the internet has blown up. That would create a bit of a stir. A one off release only works if the song is incredible OR if it's a duet with some big pop star or Paul McCartney or something. Also, they should've be on Howard Stern to play the new single and maybe Patience or some other song Axl sounds good on. That interview would have sold some tickets and perked up casual ears. I think everyone including Gnr Probably know all of the above... Why none of it's being done?? Who knows.

End of the day, Perhaps is a nice song, but it's not going to do anything for ticket sales. Had they made a song like Shadow of your love or something, that might give casuals in the US a shot to the arm. The shows will sell a little better on the day once they are discounted.

3 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Anything other than a live montage video would just be weird. They’re all over the hill. Is Axl going to be with a super model and Slash playing the poker machine at the rainbow?  Although you know Fernando and Beta would be in it so I guess it would be comical in that regard. Fernando can jump through a wedding cake

Fernando through a cake would be worth the admission fee

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

There are songs in the set where she doesn't do anything other than backing vocals and others, especially CD songs, where she does various keyboard work.

On Reckless Life, for example, both Dizzy and her just play tambourine.

Dizzy has started singing the chrous this year on reckless life

Edited by kingcanyon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

A lot of bands have a keyboard - if not live, then certainly in the studio as a pad to fill out the sound. It's often subtle and low in the mix, but it's there more often than you'd think. The idea is to not stick out.

Not sure how much it helps live, though. Her main function live seems to be hitting high harmonies or filling out Axl's voice.

and she does it EXCEPTIONALLY well. No complaints whatsoever, only praise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Is there a studio quality track in circulation? I only got my hands on the radio edit and chose not to listen to it due to the quality.

I would love for them to work on Atlas next...

Yes, there's one from the NZ/AUS release. Unfortunately, I hit my daily DM limit. 🙁

• Like 1

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

Judging by the fan reception to Atlas I don’t know if they would be chomping at the bit to redo it. It seems like no one really liked it here or at very most were underwhelmed by it. I’d say The General is more likely since we’ve seen it on setlists.

because Sir Brain May was on it and if people find out they'll say its his genius work and not Axl

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Judging by the fan reception to Atlas I don’t know if they would be chomping at the bit to redo it. It seems like no one really liked it here or at very most were underwhelmed by it. I’d say The General is more likely since we’ve seen it on setlists.

That's understandable, I totally see that being the case, it's a shame though as the leak is awesome.

1 minute ago, 22frets said:

Yes, there's one from the NZ/AUS release. Unfortunately, I hit my daily DM limit. 🙁

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m definitely hoping Perhaps turns out to be a, albeit much overhyped, appetizer to The General. 

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I agree. I think The General would be great because it allows them to continue framing 20 year old songs as new but for this one, nobody has really heard it. It would be new to even the hardcore fans. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The sad part is that atlas is actually decent, but was hyped up cause someone long ago (can’t remember who) said that it was the next November Rain.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

The sad part is that atlas is actually decent, but was hyped up cause someone long ago (can’t remember who) said that it was the next November Rain.

The problem with Atlas is that the chorus is a bit of a damp squib (I mean the 'more than what it takes to be a man' bit). 

If that was improved, or maybe a good middle eight was added, it could be killer. I doubt that will happen, but that's my opinion.

31 minutes ago, Hidin´Stradlin said:

Hope to see a lyric video from the band. Can´t understand the chorus.

Got a lot more than I bargained for
You're all alone now
You forgot about the others you were fighting for
You're all alone
Ooh, sold out to the ones that you once ignored
You're all alone now
You used to be a little crazy, now there's so much more
You're all alone

• Like 1

I like Atlas a lot for the record. But it just didn’t seem to resonate with anyone here, I’d say it’s more disliked than liked on average. I really would hope they fleshed it out since the Village leak, especially due to how grand everyone says it became over time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCudder said:

I’ve been out of the game for a while so bare with me. What do we know/heard from/about The General that has everything thinking its going to be a quality track? 

Maybe it'd be better if you started a new thread for this, because there are already a few parallel discussions in this thread.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The sad part is that it will probably sound worse than the demo with Slash and Duff on it.

NuGNR was a different band which had its own sound. They need to either rerecord these songs completely (scary thought, gonna take some time) or just write new songs from scratch.

I liked the Perhaps soundcheck more than the actual release. This song could sound completely different.

1 hour ago, Sausagebrain said:

No mention of Perhaps being released on Gunsnroses.com. 

I know that doesn't change anything, but you'd think that a new release would at least be mentioned on the official website?

I'd be surprised if they aren't just as surprised about rhe release as we are

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

It was classic rock magazine. They said it was a glam rock version of November Rain which it sounds nothing like at all

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

So, when I search for The General and Atlas on Spotify, I get the same results when I search for Perhaps.

Maybe those songs are already on the database, as discussed here before?

Same here in Finland for the General, never happened before. But who knows if it means anything.