Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

2 hours ago, Millions said:

I mean - yeah, this is just so fucking weird, eh?

I just can't understand what they were thinking. Is it : 

a) a sloppy cut and paste?

b) Do they just think it sounds good?

c) Is it an artistic statement? (Ie, a musical version of : 'right, fuck off Robin, let's bring in Slash'). 

I mean - yeah, this is just so fucking weird, eh?

I just can't understand what they were thinking. Is it : 

a) a sloppy cut and paste?

b) Do they just think it sounds good?

c) Is it an artistic statement? (Ie, a musical version of : 'right, fuck off Robin, let's bring in Slash'). 

You’d think after how long they’ve taken to not change the arrangement at all, and paste 1 boring slash doodle over top, they could’ve at least had the decency to not fuck up that copy and paste. But then again this is gnr.

I burned a mix CD with Perhaps and the previous two singles for my vehicle (I’ve paid for them all many times over) and Perhaps is much quieter than the other two songs. Hopefully if the first two singles make it onto an album, they get a proper mix and master. It would be a requirement if they are on the same disc as Perhaps. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Perhaps has been really well received in the youtube comments compared to the last two singles.

This could be the one to take off.

Watched two reaction videos (though I normally avoid this kind of shit) and they were very positive about it. One guy thought the song "could be newly written" lol

But yeah, I think the overall reception feels more positive than the other singles.

• Like 4

Is Brain still considered the studio drummer for GNR maybe, and Ferrer is essentially just a touring piece? I know the Brain drum tracks were recorded over 20 years ago, but he still seems to be pretty heavily involved with the band. Maybe he was on the tour last year to give his thoughts on the drums or how they sounded on the tracks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I've found a way of enjoying the solo. Listen to Slash's slide just at the end of the chorus, helps you lock in to his tone and ignore Robin. 

He does a cool slide then goes in to his own solo. 

I actually like the Robin part. Slash comes in abrupt but once you get used to it, it’s cool. I also like the first half of Slash’s solo. Second f could have been better

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

I actually like the Robin part. Slash comes in abrupt but once you get used to it, it’s cool. I also like the first half of Slash’s solo. Second f could have been better

I don't mind it. I'm so used to his version I can't help but play it out in my head. 

Still it's the same as Hard Skool, the new versions the a bit of getting used to. 

17 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Is Brain still considered the studio drummer for GNR maybe, and Ferrer is essentially just a touring piece? I know the Brain drum tracks were recorded over 20 years ago, but he still seems to be pretty heavily involved with the band. Maybe he was on the tour last year to give his thoughts on the drums or how they sounded on the tracks.

It seems that at least some drum parts were newly recorded for this. Some drum fills haven't been there in the demo 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

It seems that at least some drum parts were newly recorded for this. Some drum fills haven't been there in the demo 

but we don't have access to all the potential demos of this track that were created after the Locker leaks so maybe the drum fills aren't new.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Not newly recorded. It's just that on the demo it was Josh Freese and on this one it's Brain. Brain's track is seemingly from a later demo (than Village) that hasn't leaked.

• Like 1