11/01/23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Bowl

alfierose

54 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The IG link, scroll down a bit. 

Ok it's probably some support band, but the photos are randomly thrown in between the GNR ones. :lol:

It's apparently a band (unrelated to GN'R) that performs dressed as Transformers :lol::

http://www.thecybertronicspree.com/

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Axl did mention it in the past after the 2006 leaks

Once in 20 years, they don't want to promote the leaks do they...they'll be working to stop them not spread them

Different axl to 2006 now, less angry 

Plus in 06, GnR were playing the songs that had leaked, that's the difference 

Edited by DSTK
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

I have passed on seeing GN'R since 2017 as it just felt redundant after a while but had to go see them at the Bowl as it's one of the most iconic venues in the world and happens to be 25 miles form my house. 

I got a ticket right up front the night before the show for a "decent" price finally. Overall, I had a blast. Locomotive is my all time favorite song so I was beyond thrilled to see that live. Bad Obsession and Pretty tied up were super cool as well and I haven't seen SOD/The Blues since 2006 I think, so that was really fun.

My only complaint would be how bloated and slow the last third of the show was. If you take out Nightrain, it was all slow/mid-tempo songs from I think Civil War or SCOM to before Paradise City. NR, Patience, Madagascar, etc...It really brought the level and energy of the show down, at least for me. For me, if they are going to play slower songs, I want to see Don't Cry, Sorry, etc. 

All in all, it was awesome and I'm super glad I went, as I debated it all the way up until the night before the show.

Yeah thought that from seeing them this year. It's a very long slow and the pacing needs a bit of work

1 hour ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Yeah thought that from seeing them this year. It's a very long slow and the pacing needs a bit of work

Yep.. Like they played Anything goes earlier in the night, swap that with Madagascar and the encore would start off with a bang. Or maybe madagascar just isn't needed at all, but thats subjective.

6 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Yep.. Like they played Anything goes earlier in the night, swap that with Madagascar and the encore would start off with a bang. Or maybe madagascar just isn't needed at all, but thats subjective.

They don't have that many hits too when you think about it. Grand for us fans but in a big stadium over three hours.. probably not enough stadium bangers

Sure the time I don't go to a GNR show near me that is the one they play Locomotive :lol:  Glad they are still playing it to this day, when they first dusted it off I was afraid it was going to be a one-off

Glad they still do Coma too, in San Diego last month that was an absolute beast live even more heavy than what I recall from 2016 live

• Like 2
  • Haha 1