Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

Just now, Voodoochild said:

They could address it with something like what they used already: “we take this accusations very seriously bla bla bla”. It works against them to not even say a word about it (and Rolling Stone should’ve made this very obvious, but that wasn’t very well written anyways). 

accept it's easy to prove that the claim they take it seriously is false. 'If it's true as you claim that your company takes such claims seriously why did you not have any procedure in place to report such things?. They will be advised not to say anything at all man, doesn't make it right of course.

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

They could address it with something like what they used already: “we take this accusations very seriously bla bla bla”. It works against them to not even say a word about it (and Rolling Stone should’ve made this very obvious, but that wasn’t very well written anyways). 

I wonder if the sexual stuff was 'new'. Didn't the thing @Blackstar posted about the wrong filing in the Spring only mention the copyright stuff? So they were ready for the copyright stuff, but not the sexual harrassment?

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well she's owed money for her services. There's no cash grab. Just a "I tried the quiet route, and was rebuffed for several years now I have no choice but to air this dirty laundry". Had he been a smart man, he would have paid her off years ago and hoped she didn't ever talk of his over misconduct. Not paying her is bad, not paying her AND sexually harrassing is a whole other level. Time will tell whether gnr handle this properly or not, but new management would be the best course of action. What else are they not doing professionally?

And justice in this instance would be financial compensation. She's hardly going to settle for Fernando saying "sorry" with his smarmy attitude. Hit them where it hurts is either jail time (which he won't get) or his wallet, which he almost certainly will have to open.

Owed for her serviced and work yes a million % , absolutely no doubt about that for anyone if they haven't been paid...for any crime committed against her, surely you'd want justice against the accused...hope she's OK 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well the difference there was that those cases involved the band members. When it's a manager, or hanger on then they don't enjoy the same fan support to keep them in that position.

Look he's not the CEO of Apple, this isn't page 1 of any newspaper. But Fernando having to pay off an ex photographer looks bad. It also makes other photographers weary of working with them, and that's removing all the sexual misconduct.

You don't think it makes a difference. it won't effect gnr's ability to tour, but it should impact Fernando's ability to hold the top management position in the band if he's wielding his power against lower powered employees.

That's my point. If allegations against an actual band member doesn't affect a band's popularity, what makes you think allegations against an unknown behind-the-scenes worker would? 

If their bottom lining affected by this "scandal", they literally have no reason to change anything. Fernando will stay.

29 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

2017 for example. When i get chance ill look through things a bit. I want to see if she is listed as freelance anywhere0725090917-Itin4-1.jpg

We already knew this but it's kinda diva to have your own bus driver as slash duff Axl, and then for the rest band driver. Usually they just go into these mercedes vans from hotel to gig

24 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

accept it's easy to prove that the claim they take it seriously is false. 'If it's true as you claim that your company takes such claims seriously why did you not have any procedure in place to report such things?. They will be advised not to say anything at all man, doesn't make it right of course.

They’ve could at least address it stating how the legal team would look into it. Really, anything.  I understand the legal implications, but the statement is also a PR matter. 

22 minutes ago, Lio said:

I wonder if the sexual stuff was 'new'. Didn't the thing @Blackstar posted about the wrong filing in the Spring only mention the copyright stuff? So they were ready for the copyright stuff, but not the sexual harrassment?

Then it was the duty of the reporter to follow up with questions about it. 

7 minutes ago, Ratam said:

You're right, whatever give excuses to xenophobic people and they shit behavior.

For sure. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

They'll probably try to settle this privately and we will hear nothing more about it. I'm not seeing Fernando's position changing or him leaving. 

But why hasn't that happened then?

I think he'll quietly step down or be demoted, with no communication from the band. He will be able to live his life of luxury, but with a bit less bragging in public about it. Him just being out of the picture. That would be my guess.

4 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

They'll probably try to settle this privately and we will hear nothing more about it. I'm not seeing Fernando's position changing or him leaving. 

I think this is the most likely outcome. They're on a touring hiatus so he's not visible anyway and in most cases there needs to be a large, vocal campaign to get someone fired/resigning. If it was criminal charges it might be different but this is a civil suit. Also barely anyone outside GNR fandom knows who he is.

It might make the press here and there as it has done this week but at the moment I'm not seeing the requisite pressure coming from anywhere that might result in him being replaced. I might be wrong - there is time for it to ramp up a bit and be untenable but at the moment it's wait and see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

But why hasn't that happened then?

I think he'll quietly step down or be demoted, with no communication from the band. He will be able to live his life of luxury, but with a bit less bragging in public about it. Him just being out of the picture. That would be my guess.

I wish with all my heart this...that family Is so toxic, what about Axl real family? His sister Amy AND His brother? 

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

You're really having trouble reading my posts.

I didn't say it impacts the band members.

It impacts the band in terms of hiring new staff. Reputation. People especially women entering the camp now will read of this and that's a negative thing to carry around, ESPECIALLY if Fernando remains and they just sweep this under the rug with money.

I personally think there's only one answer and that's new management. If they sweep it away with hush money and go on like nothing happened then everybody looks bad and then it actually becomes a thing IF journalists decide to make a story out of it.

Will they be cancelled. Nope.

And then there are the people in the industry they have to deal with. Will they be okay negotiating with Fernando after this? This must tarnish his reputation as a businessman (:lol:).  I couldn't even type this without laughing out loud, but you get what I mean.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I think this is the most likely outcome. They're on a touring hiatus so he's not visible anyway and in most cases there needs to be a large, vocal campaign to get someone fired/resigning. If it was criminal charges it might be different but this is a civil suit. Also barely anyone outside GNR fandom knows who he is.

It might make the press here and there as it has done this week but at the moment I'm not seeing the requisite pressure coming from anywhere that might result in him being replaced. I might be wrong - there is time for it to ramp up a bit and be untenable but at the moment it's wait and see.

But wouldn't Duff insist that he's removed if he's really such a feminist?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

GN'R is a well oiled touring machine. Money talks louder than anything else.

Duff has integrity though (and money), surely if the allegations are true he would put his foot down.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Do you really have to be a feminist to think Fernando should go for his behaviour (if it's true, of course)? I would think being a decent human being would be enough.

No, you don't. But many people has spoken about being a feminist and wouldn't stand for this because he has a wife a daughters (paraphrasing of course)

5 minutes ago, alfierose said:

But it's also not just Fernando, Team  Brazil was mentioned and that includes Beta, Vanessa etc. 

Beta may have said some nice things about Kat in 2017, but when things turned sour I am confident she switched very fast into Kat being the devil trying to hurt Fernando and extort gnr. 

I think that's the real complication. IF they cared for Axl as much as they say, they'd uncomplicate it and resign. Some could still travel with him as a support, but they shouldn't have any more power than girlfriends and wives. It was always a mistake giving them so much power so quickly. Bag handler to main manager... Incredible ladder climbing!😄 

If Axl did come down hard on him and the family, how long would it be before the tell all book arrives?

• Like 4