Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It really doesn't matter in the real world which one you choose, imo.

I've used a bunch of tubescreamers in the real world and imo there is a difference. why are we talking about this. 

• Like 2

Just now, El Guapo said:

Don't know, s'all good man :D

well... some of it is shit. like the youtube clip you posted to support your silly factually wrong assumption that all tubescreamers sound the same :)

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

well... some of it is shit. like the youtube clip you posted to support your silly factually wrong assumption that all tubescreamers sound the same :)

But they all do sound basically the same and there's nothing you can do about it.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

What about these tubescreamers. Does anybody have personal preferences or do they all sound the same? 

Asking for a friend…

I heard they all sound the same or they don't, depending on who on the internet you ask.

Mesmerizing.

Don't @ me, but I really think he needs a boost like a Tube Screamer for his current low gain sound. If only he could get his old Illusions tone back...

Anyways, seems also like he'll be using that semi-hollow guitar that was posted a few months back. Good to know that Gibson will have more overpriced things to sell (and that I would 100% buy if I had the cash). 

Updated the first post with this. Seems like the Magnatone guy was kinda right.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Don't @ me, but I really think he needs a boost like a Tube Screamer for his current low gain sound. If only he could get his old Illusions tone back...

Anyways, seems also like he'll be using that semi-hollow guitar that was posted a few months back. Good to know that Gibson will have more overpriced things to sell (and that I would 100% buy if I had the cash). 

Well, promo and first single obviously in March. I still doubt the whole record will be out in March while his current tour still going.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Well, promo and first single obviously in March. I still doubt the whole record will be out in March while his current tour still going.

I know, that's why I said "kinda right" :lol:

• Like 1

I hope a non-Conspirators tour comes from this album. Looking at Slash's recent setlists, it's missing a lot of Slash (2010) and Snakepit songs that would fit well alongside blues-oriented material.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Looked like a regular TS9. Saw a pic on IG.

Yeah, I'm sure I saw an Ibanez TS in there.

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Yep, we'll have a Slash Gibson 335 next, and likely an Epiphone version too. Personally, in terms of semi-acoustics, I love the Epi Sheraton's with the mini humbuckers.  

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 9:21 PM, Alejandro GNR said:

I hope he asked Axl to record at least a verse on one song 😂

According to the last few GNR songs, that’s enough for an entire song :lol:

3 minutes ago, Ollster42 said:

facts

Depends on the amp!

• Haha 3