Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 12/30/2016 at 3:12 PM, Mendez said:

Alright guys, Izzy won tickets to see GNR.

Confirmed.

I'm confused, where's the Izzy reference?

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe they just posted early like everyone else on Facebook 

This. If they were playing a surprise gig we would know about it by now

On 12/21/2016 at 9:11 AM, Kmartin9928 said:

Izzy just tweeted a Guns N' Roses clip of guns and Rolling Stones.. salt of the earth... 

https://mobile.twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/811572790310469632

Tough to tell if it even means something but I do understand the trend with band members bein vague and dropping clues and what not but... it's too tough to tell. 

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

I'm confused, where's the Izzy reference?

chopaway.com was a website that Izzy posted updates/news about his music. It was an unofficial fan page IIRC, but one that Izzy himself posted news on. Now it redirects to his iTunes page. He stopped posting on it for some reason. The exact reason I don't remember, but i think it was either the news about his music was released too early, or maybe something leaked and he didn't like that. Not entirely sure.

Chop Away is also a song by Izzy from "Like a Dog" that the site was most likely named after.

Maybe @downliner can shed some light on the reason? I'm 99% positive it was his site (or was involved with it).

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mendez said:

chopaway.com was a website that Izzy posted updates/news about his music. It was an unofficial fan page IIRC, but one that Izzy himself posted news on. Now it redirects to his iTunes page. He stopped posting on it for some reason. The exact reason I don't remember, but i think it was either the news about his music was released too early, or maybe something leaked and he didn't like that. Not entirely sure.

Chop Away is also a song by Izzy from "Like a Dog" that the site was most likely named after.

Maybe @downliner can shed some light on the reason? I'm 99% positive it was his site (or was involved with it).

I think Izzy stopped contacting the site when he had a privacy scare? Nothing to do with the site, though. It was just some random fan that he had issues with but I cant for the life of me remember exactly what happened. I think somebody showed up at his house or something like that. :question:

Anyway, I don't think Will winning the tickets has anything to do with Izzy returning. I'm pretty sure he won because that 3D piece he did was badass and deserved to win the competition. :shrugs:

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think Izzy stopped contacting the site when he had a privacy scare? Nothing to do with the site, though. It was just some random fan that he had issues with but I cant for the life of me remember exactly what happened. I think somebody showed up at his house or something like that. :question:

Anyway, I don't think Will winning the tickets has anything to do with Izzy returning. I'm pretty sure he won because that 3D piece he did was badass and deserved to win the competition. :shrugs:

Oh thats creepy about the showing up to his house thing. 

The Izzy winning the tickets was a joke ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mendez said:

Oh thanks! Wondering what the sarcasm referenced :lol: