Rumor of a new album???

Please, please, please include Atlas Shrugged and Soul Monster. As much as I'd prefer to hear the originals, at the end of the day I don't care if Slash completely redoes every part of the music as long as we get Axl's parts. We've been hearing about those songs for a decade (decades in the case of the former) and I just want to find out what they're like.

2 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Kat wrote me that her visit to LA is not related to GNR...

And Vicky Hamilton said Slash told her the reunion wasn't happening. Safe to say that nobody in the GN'R camp will spill the news until they are ready to do so. Not to write off your communication with Kat and your reporting back to us with info though. Thanks for doing so!

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

And Vicky Hamilton said Slash told her the reunion wasn't happening. Safe to say that nobody in the GN'R camp will spill the news until they are ready to do so. Not to write off your communication with Kat and your reporting back to us with info though. Thanks for doing so!

I would say that Vicky Hamilton and Kat are 2 very different persons. There was no pressure to answer me... 

35 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

I would say that Vicky Hamilton and Kat are 2 very different persons. There was no pressure to answer me... 

This isn't to dismiss your communication with her as well, but I don't think she would answer yes  to someone from the internet unless you have some type of personal relationship. Even then, I'm sure that there is some nondisclosure agreement she signed, which would prevent her from saying something. 

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Draguns said:

This isn't to dismiss your communication with her as well, but I don't think she would answer yes  to someone from the internet unless you have some type of personal relationship. Even then, I'm sure that there is some nondisclosure agreement she signed, which would prevent her from saying something. 

She could just have ignored the question. She said "not at all"... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

She could just have ignored the question. She said "not at all"... 

Maybe there is nothing related in LA right now. Nobody said they'd have to be working on it currently. She could have told you the absolute truth but it doesn't mean they won't get in the studio in March.

Granted, I doubt we'll see another GNR album but you never know. I would think any possibility of new music would be a song or 2 either for a movie sound track or an extra on a greatest hits or live album.

Jeff Angell all but confirms that Duff won't be touring with WP at all.  Let's bear in mind that before the tour ended, most of us felt pretty certain that Slash and Duff would get straight into touring/recording with their side projects in the downtime.  That doesn't appear to be happening.  

What’s on the horizon for the band as we start 2018?

There’s some opportunities that are starting to drop in for the touring and we’ll take that as it comes. I don’t think Duff’s available. He’s got a cash machine over there that he’s got to tend to (laughs). So the rest of us are going to do what we can do and whatever comes to us. We don’t think too much about it. I’ve had such a good run of music my entire life and I’m grateful for it and everything that comes I’m happy to get in on it.

Interesting wording - 'cash machine to tend to' when said cash machine is supposed to be in a lull right now.  Melissa posted an emoji money bag, bullseye and jackpot on her IG the other day.  Something to ponder. ;)

Full article:  http://loudwire.com/walking-papers-jeff-angell-interview/

I urge you all to check out WP2 actually - especially the Izzy fans.  It's very similar to his work.  Kinda feel bad for Jeff - it really is a fantastic album that deserves recognition.  

• Like 4

I'm not sure why Kat would have to be in LA to record an album. Or why she should have to live in LA to work for GNR for that matter. Her move to LA seems irrelevant.

Let's hope the rumor is about GNR though. I still hope Fernando's '2018 will be bigger than 2017' means new music or a release at the very least.

• Like 4