Rumor of a new album???

Myles' voice lacks aggression and power to them. But you'll have to give it to him that he sure can hit all the notes, and not needing to worry about a cringy performance which Axl gives on certain songs such as TWAT. I remember from some interview which Slash did saying that he choose Myles due to his professionalism and his ability to hit all the notes to his catalogue, as well as helping Slash piece together his ideas into proper songs. So without Myles, there wouldnt even be structure to all the SMKC songs.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Natty said:

no. but you ? ;)

Nope and I did not state so. You did. You said you're the proof that "most of the people that dislike current Slash solo material do so because the vocals sound like a whiny screaming kitty running away from a big bad dog". Which is default_'s statement you supported (and obviously nonsense).

1 hour ago, Rayno said:

Nope and I did not state so. You did. You said you're the proof that "most of the people that dislike current Slash solo material do so because the vocals sound like a whiny screaming kitty running away from a big bad dog". Which is default_'s statement you supported (and obviously nonsense).

why does Myles solo play mini arenas if its nonsense? 

his concert in vienna in april will take place in "arena" which is the second smallest place for rock concerts in Vienna. so with all respect but there is enough evidence many people dont like his voice.

I have seen Myles with SLASH -he is bad ass , out of this world vocals live - lets not lose the topic , the new album will happen if 1- AXL can get his vocals where he wants  them in the studio , the ball is in his court , Slash -Duff can write a album full of new riffs and solos in a New York minute , Batter up AXL and not the old left overs from Chinese , new lyrics , new music 2- If Axl doesnt decide to record with ACDC , If he does cool , but to do that instead  of GNR is a slap in the face of all GNR FANS - 3- Axls ego doesnt put its Erie head again and he says fuck the GNR fans Ill do ACDC first and then do a GNR tour  4 - the last thing can AXLS vocals be up to par enough for him to make a GNR record- I heard him in Louisville a few months ago and the demon rasp was back !!!!!!

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

I have seen Myles with SLASH -he is bad ass , out of this world vocals live - lets not lose the topic , the new album will happen if 1- AXL can get his vocals where he wants  them in the studio , the ball is in his court , Slash -Duff can write a album full of new riffs and solos in a New York minute , Batter up AXL and not the old left overs from Chinese , new lyrics , new music 2- If Axl doesnt decide to record with ACDC , If he does cool , but to do that instead  of GNR is a slap in the face of all GNR FANS - 3- Axls ego doesnt put its Erie head again and he says fuck the GNR fans Ill do ACDC first and then do a GNR tour  4 - the last thing can AXLS vocals be up to par enough for him to make a GNR record- I heard him in Louisville a few months ago and the demon rasp was back !!!!!!

I think the past 30 years or so have shown that if it's up to Axl, nothing is getting done 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rapidfire said:

Myles' voice lacks aggression and power to them. But you'll have to give it to him that he sure can hit all the notes, and not needing to worry about a cringy performance which Axl gives on certain songs such as TWAT. I remember from some interview which Slash did saying that he choose Myles due to his professionalism and his ability to hit all the notes to his catalogue, as well as helping Slash piece together his ideas into proper songs. So without Myles, there wouldnt even be structure to all the SMKC songs.

Huh? I always thought Izzy was responsible for the structure in the SMKC songs...:drevil:

Stop acting like Slash isn't capable of creating a proper song on his own. Myles may helped here and there but his main job is to write the lyrics and the vocal melodys AFTER Slash sends him the music he has written. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Huh? I always thought Izzy was responsible for the structure in the SMKC songs...:drevil:

Stop acting like Slash isn't capable of creating a proper song on his own. Myles may helped here and there but his main job is to write the lyrics and the vocal melodys AFTER Slash sends him the music he has written. 

My point is Myles contributed a lot to SMKC and should be respected although his voice might not be the best suited one for Slash's style.

1 hour ago, Rapidfire said:

My point is Myles contributed a lot to SMKC and should be respected although his voice might not be the best suited one for Slash's style.

Well, he's not disrespected as a person. He's disrespected as a musican and that's two different things. You can't force somebody to like his music.

I for example have not the slightest musical respect for Finck, Frank or Fortus. Knowing them in person they might be beautyful people but that's not the point. Like in this case nobody can be forced to respect Myles, no matter what he contributed to Slash's music. Hell I don't even respect U2 or the Beatles as musicans :lol:

On 04/02/2018 at 7:53 AM, Rayno said:

You are clearly not familiar with Slash/GNR fanbase, you'd know what people think if you were. I dont need to prove anything to anyone, the little response we got on this thread shows a lot actually.

Its ok to like the guy, its ok to be a fan, he's a cool, professiona guy that know his technique and has a solid career, but it doesnt mean we have to like him. :)
I actually believe he could do great singing some stripped down poppy folk but he has no soul for rock n roll.

-

And whats with this thing that Slash cant writte structured songs? lol
Fuckin Locomotive, Coma, Beggers, Serial Killer, Anastasia.

Edited by default_

If guns write just one song like blackbird, there back in the game !!

Myles is fucking good, i have seen him  3 times with Slash and 2 times with Alterbridge. I hate to say it but, he knocks Axl out of the park !!! 

He can't touch Axl in the 90' , axl was incredible then !! But then again, Axl has a one of a kind, voice . Nobody can do that , but isn't that wat we love about GN'R ?? The Voice, The Guitar and the magic of GN'R !!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

Myles Kennedy: incredible singer, incredible guitarist, incredible songwriter. I’ll just leave this here, if the solo doesn’t blow you away then you can’t comment on rock n roll: 

That was good until Captain Nose took over, and I also didn't much care for the theatricals and posings. Never got as far as the solo.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 9:43 AM, TMAC20 said:

Disagree that the songs all have to be or even will be brand new. Slash and Duff can contribute to the existing songs. I want to hear all the good stuff that was supposed to go on the Chinese follow-up. Makes no sense to junk it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Disagree that the songs all have to be or even will be brand new. Slash and Duff can contribute to the existing songs. I want to hear all the good stuff that was supposed to go on the Chinese follow-up. Makes no sense to junk it.

Agree with that.
From what is circulating with the hoarders and I had the chance to listen to I rather have all new material or at least ideas from 95/96 sessions.

The CD era material should be fully released in a box set or something like that in the 10th CD anniversary. There are rumors Slash and Duff recorded overdubs on some of that material tho.

Rumours of an Axl/DC album and tour. He will be the ultimate Rock villain if that happens.

Kept Guns going when it was no longer Guns, finally did a reunion but was more interested in joining the band that are no longer really AC/DC

😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

Rumours of an Axl/DC album and tour. He will be the ultimate Rock villain if that happens.

Kept Guns going when it was no longer Guns, finally did a reunion but was more interested in joining the band that are no longer really AC/DC

😂😂😂

Yeah, to be honest, an Axl/DC album and no new GNR music would be the ultimate fuck you to us diehard GNR fans. It would be so typical of Axl though :lol:

It's his life of course, he can do as he pleases, but that's how I see it anyway.

• Like 3

Just out of curiosity, do you seriously think that if we get a new GN'R album it will be fresh material? Do you really think that Axl is going to write lyrics and RECORD for Guns N' Roses? Lol.

IF we get a new Guns N' Roses album, it will be the Chinese leftovers aka more lyrics full of depresion and anger. I do not wan't to hear Axl again bitching about Slash and Stephanie and 'the fans'. It was nice at the time Chinese was done. But we know that since Slash and Duff came back, Axl is a new man. He is happy. Do you really wan't the REUNION album to have the lyrics Chinese Democracy had? I'm not trying to bash CD, I love that album. But I think that we don't need that now. Also, I don't want the reunion album to have 1999 - 2006 Axl on it. As you may know, Chinese Democracy II is already recorded.

IF we get an AC/DC album, atleast we know that it will feature brand new recordings from Axl. Angus writes the lyrics, Axl records them. It's clear as water that an Axl/DC album is FAR more interesting than a half-assed reunion album. What do you prefer, 10-15 brand new songs with Axl on vocals, or 6-8 1999-2006 songs with Mickey and Slash all over it?

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that Axl KICKED ASS with AC/DC. He got that 2010 rasp back, something he didn't do for GN'R... ;)