ramsey

Rumor of a new album???

It's a serious statement considering you don't know any of his works, probably besides 2 or 3 Slash's songs. I'll leave you here, bye.

5 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

It's a serious statement considering you don't know any of his works, probably besides 2 or 3 Slash's songs. I'll leave you here, bye.

Oh yeah, because I dont like his cute little voice and lack of attitude I dont know Slashs career, yeah... keep telling yourself that. 

FYI, went to two gigs and own both records. Listen to it frequently and would love to have instrumental versions of both. Kitty kitty makes good songs sound like baby lullabies.

Edited by default_
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do prefer rods voice because i like the low voice singing that works on snakepit version 2 band especially the song meanbone. When myles does it its to high but i respect myles all the same.

• Like 1

"most of the people that dislike current Slash solo material do so because the vocals sound like a whiny screaming kitty running away from a big bad dog."

Well, you have no data to prove this.

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, check the post that I did on Axl/DC's section. Apparently, someone linked to ACDC said that Axl will be recording an album and touring. Can't post it here since it's not GN'R ;)

• Like 1

On 1.2.2018 at 3:14 PM, Rayno said:

"most of the people that dislike current Slash solo material do so because the vocals sound like a whiny screaming kitty running away from a big bad dog."

Well, you have no data to prove this.

I am a proof. GNR is my fav band. I went to see SMKC to see Slash and how someone else sings guns n roses songs. I find Myles boring as f*** . he has zero charisma. one doesn t care if he is on stage or not. his voice? dont like it either. but when todd kerns came and sung WTTJ I was blown away. the guy is cool , had a rocker voice and stage presence. Myles is one of the most boring frontmen for me. 

Axl is wild and he can still kick ass vocally and maybe also physically. he has an aura. just his looks and when he wants to be brilliant like with AC/DC I could just stare at him and admire him because he wins the audience. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Hey guys, check the post that I did on Axl/DC's section. Apparently, someone linked to ACDC said that Axl will be recording an album and touring. Can't post it here since it's not GN'R ;)

It was a no-brainer, in my opinion. Why wouldn't Axl want to cement his legacy by recording with AC/DC and essentially becoming the lead singer of two of rock's greatest bands? Anyone would do it. I just hope it does not interfere with efforts surrounding Guns.

25 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It was a no-brainer, in my opinion. Why wouldn't Axl want to cement his legacy by recording with AC/DC and essentially becoming the lead singer of two of rock's greatest bands? Anyone would do it. I just hope it does not interfere with efforts surrounding Guns.

lol if it happens axl always flukes out & pulls something out of his hat 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

Saw Slash with the Conspirators a handful of times. The Chicago show at the Concord is one of my favorite shows ever. Small, packed room. Fozzy opened. They played their asses off. If we don't get new GUNS, I'd love some new Myles/Slash material.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Natty said:

I am a proof. GNR is my fav band. I went to see SMKC to see Slash and how someone else sings guns n roses songs. I find Myles boring as f*** . he has zero charisma. one doesn t care if he is on stage or not. his voice? dont like it either. but when todd kerns came and sung WTTJ I was blown away. the guy is cool , had a rocker voice and stage presence. Myles is one of the most boring frontmen for me. 

Axl is wild and he can still kick ass vocally and maybe also physically. he has an aura. just his looks and when he wants to be brilliant like with AC/DC I could just stare at him and admire him because he wins the audience. 

So you = most of people?

On 1/31/2018 at 7:02 AM, Ralphelmo said:

even though he's a much more educated guitarist than all of them? 

His guitar skills are pretty underrated. The solo Myles and Tremonti performed on 'Blackbird' is widely considered primo work. One guitar magazine listed it #1 solo of all time. I don't agree with that, but it is damn good.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 3:45 PM, Sydney Fan said:

I do prefer rods voice because i like the low voice singing that works on snakepit version 2 band especially the song meanbone. When myles does it its to high but i respect myles all the same.

I'm a fan of both Rod Jackson and Myles Kennedy. Loved what they contributed on those albums and enjoyed seeing them perform live.

I get that many GN'R fans may not like either or both. Because they are vastly different from AXL. WAR is my favorite vocalist of all time. But I still dig what those two singers bring on their own. Sounds like I'm in the minority. No biggie. To each their own, right?

• Like 3

Myles' voice lacks aggression and power to them. But you'll have to give it to him that he sure can hit all the notes, and not needing to worry about a cringy performance which Axl gives on certain songs such as TWAT. I remember from some interview which Slash did saying that he choose Myles due to his professionalism and his ability to hit all the notes to his catalogue, as well as helping Slash piece together his ideas into proper songs. So without Myles, there wouldnt even be structure to all the SMKC songs.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Natty said:

no. but you ? ;)

Nope and I did not state so. You did. You said you're the proof that "most of the people that dislike current Slash solo material do so because the vocals sound like a whiny screaming kitty running away from a big bad dog". Which is default_'s statement you supported (and obviously nonsense).

1 hour ago, Rayno said:

Nope and I did not state so. You did. You said you're the proof that "most of the people that dislike current Slash solo material do so because the vocals sound like a whiny screaming kitty running away from a big bad dog". Which is default_'s statement you supported (and obviously nonsense).

why does Myles solo play mini arenas if its nonsense? 

his concert in vienna in april will take place in "arena" which is the second smallest place for rock concerts in Vienna. so with all respect but there is enough evidence many people dont like his voice.

I have seen Myles with SLASH -he is bad ass , out of this world vocals live - lets not lose the topic , the new album will happen if 1- AXL can get his vocals where he wants  them in the studio , the ball is in his court , Slash -Duff can write a album full of new riffs and solos in a New York minute , Batter up AXL and not the old left overs from Chinese , new lyrics , new music 2- If Axl doesnt decide to record with ACDC , If he does cool , but to do that instead  of GNR is a slap in the face of all GNR FANS - 3- Axls ego doesnt put its Erie head again and he says fuck the GNR fans Ill do ACDC first and then do a GNR tour  4 - the last thing can AXLS vocals be up to par enough for him to make a GNR record- I heard him in Louisville a few months ago and the demon rasp was back !!!!!!

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

I have seen Myles with SLASH -he is bad ass , out of this world vocals live - lets not lose the topic , the new album will happen if 1- AXL can get his vocals where he wants  them in the studio , the ball is in his court , Slash -Duff can write a album full of new riffs and solos in a New York minute , Batter up AXL and not the old left overs from Chinese , new lyrics , new music 2- If Axl doesnt decide to record with ACDC , If he does cool , but to do that instead  of GNR is a slap in the face of all GNR FANS - 3- Axls ego doesnt put its Erie head again and he says fuck the GNR fans Ill do ACDC first and then do a GNR tour  4 - the last thing can AXLS vocals be up to par enough for him to make a GNR record- I heard him in Louisville a few months ago and the demon rasp was back !!!!!!

I think the past 30 years or so have shown that if it's up to Axl, nothing is getting done 

• Like 1