New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Have Guns N’ Roses been back in the studio?

Online rumours suggest Guns N’ Roses may have recorded a track for a T-Rex and Marc Bolan tribute album

https://www.loudersound.com/news/have-guns-n-roses-been-back-in-the-studio

Do we have Journos lurking? Its not the first time things discussed here have made there way onto online news sites.

48 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I could care less about a live album from the NITL tour.. The only way they can really make it sound good is if the doctor the shit out of the vocals. I would love a Blu Ray though. You can really get into the vibe of the shows and concentrate on other things than Axl vocals when he is struggling..

Now a live album from the classic era would be something special. Or a Blu Ray from that era as well. I would take those any day over something from NITL.  Getting some of that stuff out there needs to happen. Such a waste.

COULDN'T care less* (sorry, I'm just being a dick) 

42 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Live albums and covers really don't excite me if i'm honest 

I also have zero interest in live album. 

• Like 4

remember that web page that popped up, had a countdown with several seconds of SOYL playing including a few guitar licks we hadn't heard before ?

i'm waiting for something similar but with several seconds of a brand new song.

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

No apologies needed. I encourage it!

And I never knew that.. I have always said "care less" hahah  

I mean... If you COULD care less, then that's cool. However, if you COULDN'T care less, then I feel you lol

• Like 1

Ya I’d be extremely disappointed if it was a live album, although I really like their version of Witchita Lineman. Wouldn’t it be mind blowing if they had an album done and dropped it out of no where right before Christmas, similar to what Eminem did with Kamikaze earlier this year? Pipe dream I know, but would be amazing

I would personally be shocked it if was something other than a live album/Blu-Ray.  It's such a GNR thing to do.  If we do get studio tracks it will most definitely be a cover(s).  If this band is going to record new songs the process will make baby steps look like long strides.  

6 minutes ago, donny said:

remember that web page that popped up, had a countdown with several seconds of SOYL playing including a few guitar licks we hadn't heard before ?

i'm waiting for something similar but with several seconds of a brand new song.

That would be awesome

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I guess I lump a live record with a Blu Ray. If its just audio thatd be a waste

I would buy that but only for the Blu Ray..  If it was a Live Album from the classic era I would be all over it. Even if it was just a remastered Ritz...

2 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Live albums/concert DVD's should always be recorded somewhere in South America, remember AC/DC at River Plate? What an amazing crowd.

Never a bad option.. In this case I would like to see a Blu Ray with appearances all over the works that show how the excitement of the whole tour. 

8 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I would personally be shocked it if was something other than a live album/Blu-Ray.

That would be awesome if the concert they are going to release is from the real Gn'R era (87-93).  Not interested in seeing fat Axl dying on stage and fat Slash noodling his signature melodic solos in high resolution.

1 hour ago, TheGeneral said:

Live albums/concert DVD's should always be recorded somewhere in South America, remember AC/DC at River Plate? What an amazing crowd.

There's plenty of other good crowds out there. Italy, Scandinavia, and Poland are some of the highlights for me in Europe. Mexico is top notch too. Japan is very cool, but very different. 

If it's a band that doesn't frequently release live stuff, sure, go for South America I guess. But if it's a band that consistently releases live stuff, it's frustrating when so much of it gets recorded in South America. Other crowds deserve a chance to shine too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just watched a few youtube videos about the Dodger Stadium gig in 2016. Axl Rose is on fire.. what a show.. even Yesterdays sounds really okay. Mickey Mouse here and there but WTTJ or Nightrain on full rasp on Blu Ray or a Steven Adler on drums on a EPIC full rasp Out Ta Get Me it's a one in a lifetime moment for me :-) please release this shit!

• Like 1

I won't spend one more dollar in shows, live albums or DVD's. if it's something like that, I'll just add the songs on apple music, and won't spend a dime.

My next GNR purchase will have to be either a new album, or the UYI remaster set. I won't spend a dime for any other stuff...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

That would be awesome if the concert they are going to release is from the real Gn'R era (87-93).  Not interested in seeing fat Axl dying on stage and fat Slash noodling his signature melodic solos in high resolution.

I think it's the first time I've ever read your "real GNR" routine, thanks.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The law of Guns N' Roses is that anything which will get your excited such as new music will not happen, whereas anything which is boring overpriced recycled nostalgia will happen.

Quick! Everyone get excited about boring overpriced recycled nostalgia! Maybe it'll have the opposite effect :lol:

• Haha 1