Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

17 minutes ago, Dcrazed212 said:

I was at the recording session yesterday.

Was pretty insane.  A black bus pulled up, and Slash, Duff, Izzy walked out and into the house.  They sat in the studio and wrote for a bout 4 hours, just spitting ideas out. 

They broke for lunch and sat around the kitchen table telling war stories of the Hell House days.  It was glorious.  Lots of laughter.  Then they went into the studio and belted out about 7 or 8 new songs.

They did them all in 1 take basically.   Forgot to mention, Mike Clink was there behind the board. 

Have to run, will report what happened at the rest of the session in a bit ...........

LOL 🤣. Sounds like a true story!!!!!

28 minutes ago, Dcrazed212 said:

Was pretty insane.  A black bus pulled up, and Slash, Duff, Izzy walked out and into the house.  They sat in the studio and wrote for a bout 4 hours, just spitting ideas out. 

They broke for lunch and sat around the kitchen table telling war stories of the Hell House days.  It was glorious.  Lots of laughter.  Then they went into the studio and belted out about 7 or 8 new songs.

They did them all in 1 take basically.   Forgot to mention, Mike Clink was there behind the board. 

Have to run, will report what happened at the rest of the session in a bit ...........

:lol: solid and completely believable story!

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Dcrazed212 said:

You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the world will be as one

giphy.gif

My hope remains that the next album is comprised of the following:

- the very best songs Axl has from the Chinese leftovers - reworked in part - at the very least removing all guitarists but Fortus and letting Slash and Duff have at it. Better case scenario is they record these from scratch (notwithstanding any finished vocals)

- the best songs held over that Izzy was involved in reworked- be that the early VR stuff or anything he was involved in Guns wise from the 90's

- A brand new song or 2 that this current lineup have worked up

- The Seeker and Wichita Lineman - both worthy covers that they do very well. Forget Black Hole Sun and I Feel Good - the world doesn't need those.

I think with those scenarios, there is a very decent chance we could have a legit GNR album in the not too distant future. Here's hoping they use the momentum gathered from the tour and it doesn't get overrun by analysis paralysis

Edited by jimmythegent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

People want this absurd mash up of an album with 20 different musicians. Isn't one of the main gripes of CD was that it was so in-cohesive just for that reason?

Overproduction and things getting buried in the mix are the chief complaints regarding CD. Not really the amount of musicians imo.

58 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Overproduction and things getting buried in the mix are the chief complaints regarding CD. Not really the amount of musicians imo.

It became a laughing stock because of the amount of musicians in that era. Gnr was a rotating door for awhile.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

nobody seems to realise that Axl is 100% in control of this. He is going to do it his way... if he thinks a buckethead riff or solo works on a particular song, he may let slash try to play it but if he don’t like it, he will keep the bucket guitar part.  I know I would...  it may not be right but it is what it is.   

Yeah no 

12 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Lol

Slash and Duff in GNR = Axl making millions 

Slash and Duff not in GNR = Axl not making millions

Yup

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TeeJay410 said:

Honestly, I hope they get Dave Grohl to session drum.

That would be amazing.

8 hours ago, Sosso said:

The best possible line-up would include Slash, Duff, some other better drummer, Dizzy, Mel and Fortus, with contributions from former members like Izzy, Steven, Matt, and Gilby.

Fixed it for you.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

People want this absurd mash up of an album with 20 different musicians. Isn't one of the main gripes of CD was that it was so in-cohesive just for that reason?

Agreed. Why do people want those other guys on the record when we have Slash back?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Why do people want those other guys on the record when we have Slash back?

Probably because they already recorced their parts for CDII? It would be respectless to leave them out. 

Edited by Sosso