2016 Tour Opener in Detroit - Pro Shot Clips Provided By Live Nation

Just now, DTJ80 said:

So - this footage is from Michigan? Looks like there was a lot of cameras etc.

Pretty sure this is the case at every show since. Unfortunately they do this for no good reason since fans never get to see it or buy it 

3 minutes ago, GS67 said:

Pretty sure this is the case at every show since. Unfortunately they do this for no good reason since fans never get to see it or buy it 

I think they cast the stream from the cameras onto the large screens so people far away from the stage can see.

• Like 2

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I think they cast the stream from the cameras onto the large screens so people far away from the stage can see.

Probably right. But they have the footage for us if they really wanted to put it out in some fashion 

11 minutes ago, GS67 said:

Probably right. But they have the footage for us if they really wanted to put it out in some fashion 

I think they released one of the shows from 2014. Probably not realistic that they will release another concert this soon. Would be cool, though, if all of the shows were made available.

Wasn't this the show they got the recording of and then there was some issue with payment of the camera crew? 

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think they released one of the shows from 2014. Probably not realistic that they will release another concert this soon. Would be cool, though, if all of the shows were made available.

News to me! You sure this happened?! 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm going to TRY to leave the embedded video up for this seeing as it says several times throughout the video that the footage is provided by Live Nation. Hopefully the video stays up and no one messes with our site for no good reason :)

Having said that.... What a day that was!! @Powerage5and I cracked our first beers by 9am! We held an all day pre party with a lot of my local friends coming by as well as many forum members.

I remember @ZoSoRose @Wagszilla @downzy and many others stopping by. One of the coolest things was the "Izzy heads" that @KURT19 brought with him. I still have a few of those! Haha.

In any case, we had such an awesome day long party that all lead up to a fantastic GNR show. What a great time 2016 was! 

That was such a fun day - I’m glad you twisted my arm into doing Detroit that year! I always love spinning records at your place. Also a great gig - it was fun to see the proper opening night of the NITL tour, and that’s still my favorite NITL show that I went to. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

That was such a fun day - I’m glad you twisted my arm into doing Detroit that year! I always love spinning records at your place. Also a great gig - it was fun to see the proper opening night of the NITL tour, and that’s still my favorite NITL show that I went to. 

I saw the tour 3 times; Vegas 2, Detroit and Chicago 2. Detroit was my favorite for many reasons. 

I was happy that you and I followed through on our plan to start the drinking at 9am haha. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yourcrazy said:

That was a great show. We had a party bus and a great group of friends and family.  The sound and vibe at this show was like being back to 1992 again.   I hope that the show this year still happens.  

Oh man, I wish you guys would've had a chance to stop by our pre party on your party bus! 

Assuming the GN'R tour gets rescheduled someday, I'll definitely do another pre party for whomever wants to join :)