Jump to content
©GnrPersia

GUNS N' ROSES Drummer FRANK FERRER's PSSR Unleashes 'Busted' And 'Push' Singles

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

GUNS N' ROSES Drummer FRANK FERRER's PSSR Unleashes 'Busted' And 'Push' Singles

 

 

PSSR, the New York-based rock outfit featuring GUNS N' ROSES drummer Frank Ferrer, has released two singles, "Busted" and "Push", with a third, "Last Time", set to drop in late July.

PSSR is fronted by the charismatic Eric Jakobssen on vocals and guitar, and is rounded out by steady rocking bassist Brett Bass (Greg Allman) and journeyman lead guitarist/producer Rob Bailey (everyone from Delta Goodrem to David Johansen).

"Busted" features Ferrer's GUNS N' ROSES bandmate Richard Fortus on guitar and introduces the band with tough defiant lyrics and vocals over a gritty NYC rock backdrop.

Says Jakobssen: "'Busted' is one of those songs that covers a little social commentary about game players that perhaps don't really play fair or at least don't consider the consequence of some of their actions; women, drugs, police, lies? A little self-awareness could keep you out of trouble. Because in the end all we have is are self to blame if things go wrong and our self to credit when it goes right!"

"Push" is also a track that encompasses what we all love about rock 'n' roll. Crunchy guitars, addictive hooks and of course, that New York City swagger.

Bailey stated about "Push": "A funky song about a funky topic. This is a story about a guy who was getting it from two sides. A pushy pusher and a pushy partner both add up to a waste of time."

Ferrer joined GUNS N' ROSES in 2006 as a temporary fill-in for Bryan Mantia. Before he knew it, Ferrer was a permanent member of GN'R, contributing to five songs on the "Chinese Democracy" album.

 

source: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-drummer-frank-ferrers-pssr-unleashes-busted-and-push-singles/

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully frank was busy doing this and brain was in laying down drums for the gnr album

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Hopefully frank was busy doing this and brain was in laying down drums for the gnr album

Brain is busy remixing the new album, expect Silkworms in the Water and Better Gone to Hardschool to leak soon.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Hopefully frank was busy doing this and brain was in laying down drums for the gnr album

I don't know. If Frank got to play like this with current GNR I'd guess most would be pretty pleased with him. Also, the gnr album? you mean that mythical carrot being dangled for the last 10yrs? :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Good to see Frank is keeping busy. Insane that he has the sheer audacity to release anything during a plague year though. 

EDIT: I see Fortus is involved too, so......

Good to see Fortus is keeping busy. Insane that he has the sheer audacity to release anything during a plague year though. 

They're both about to get pulled into a 3-hour meeting with Fernando about how they're not respecting what's happening in the world right now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I don't know. If Frank got to play like this with current GNR I'd guess most would be pretty pleased with him. Also, the gnr album? you mean that mythical carrot being dangled for the last 10yrs? :lol:

And before that, 14 Years.  Good name for a song that eh, someone should write that :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The singer sounds meh. Well, technically he's very good but I cannot stand his style and color of his voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rayno said:

The singer sounds meh. Well, technically he's very good but I cannot stand his style and color of his voice.

Sounds like Paul Stanley kicking in Bon Scotts guts.

Edited by Creed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So since 2016, that's all band members (i'm assuming Melissa has done a soundtrack or something of the sort) have released full albums, either of their own or bands they are guesting with, with one notable exception....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Hopefully frank was busy doing this and brain was in laying down drums for the gnr album

 

Brain recorded his parts almost 2 decades ago. Actually, so did Axl. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't like Richard's solos that much. It all sounded pretty much like the improv he does most of the time in live performances. Also, the switching to a higher gain guitar sound in the middle of the solo was pretty jarring to me.

Frank was nice, nothing very much to say about that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, not my thing.

I kept waiting for the singer to break into the “Stripper Girl” chorus :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Didn't like Richard's solos that much. It all sounded pretty much like the improv he does most of the time in live performances. Also, the switching to a higher gain guitar sound in the middle of the solo was pretty jarring to me.

Frank was nice, nothing very much to say about that.

That's the only thing I dislike about his playing, he rarely surprises with his note/technique-choices. To me, nearly every of his solo sections depending on the genre sound (too much) alike because he keeps repeating the same licks over and over, more than any other guitarrist in Guns. If you like it, you could say he has a very high recognition factor, to me it tends to be a little boring.

For the song: Sounded a bit random to me, to throw this little solo section in the song.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, soon said:

Meh, not my thing.

I kept waiting for the singer to break into the “Stripper Girl” chorus :lol:

What a reference :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lipfel said:

That's the only thing I dislike about his playing, he rarely surprises with his note/technique-choices. To me, nearly every of his solo sections depending on the genre sound (too much) alike because he keeps repeating the same licks over and over, more than any other guitarrist in Guns. If you like it, you could say he has a very high recognition factor, to me it tends to be a little boring.

Yeah, but I can also say the same about Buckethead. Still, Bucket is in another league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yeah, but I can also say the same about Buckethead. Still, Bucket is in another league. 

if it was between Bucket and BBF who would you pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

if it was between Bucket and BBF who would you pick?

Bucket. I just like his tone and style better. BBF is more diverse, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first single dropped last year. I love it. Singers great in my opinion. They rock live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×