The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I don't hope for leaks since they probably won't release it at all then. I do hope it's a massive commercial failure to the point of embarrassment. It will be their last release anyway so it won't affect another one. I was never one of the fans who wished they would fail but this pathetic act of delaying the album for lack of a tour makes it difficult to wish for their success.

What exactly is there for anyone to gain from hoping they fail? 

Yeah, they could release the album now, ir they could like hundreds of other bands sir on their record and release it the way they want.

Yeah, had they got the finger out a little earlier the record might be out and some of the promotional touring would have already happened... it didn't  happen.

I'm not currently that excited for the record, lots if people here aren't that excited because of all the false reports  etc. But when it comes out I'll enjoy it, and I bet you will too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Creed said:

But the album has so many problems...Imagine madagascar with a real orchestration...instead we got very cheap sounding synths...i can't stand the sound and production of CD.

You do realize that songs like November Rain used synths, not a real orchestration, right?

But I agree with you about the production on CD.

1 hour ago, vloors said:

To a majority chinese vocals were terrible. Chinese was ridiculed when it was released and the vocals were one of the main reasons. 

I would prefer the rock the rock vocals then some clean mickey vocals 

Lose lose for me.. I thought his vocals were terrible on CD.  I really didn't find the cartoon song any better. It sounded overly processed and layered. Most likely the only way to make him sound half way decent these days. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Kranich said:

Well technically speaking I think its the best sung GNR album.

Its sung like a whining cat stuck under a lawnmower most of the time.

Add in some autotune and a million layers with no clear singles and you got yourself a flop of a album. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Creed said:

WTF? So is autotune. Axl's vocals are awful...An Axl in his prime could have saved every bad album. But here he just sucks...

But the album has so many problems...Imagine madagascar with a real orchestration...instead we got very cheap sounding synths...i can't stand the sound and production of CD. It sounds like an older album, which was re-recorded many many times. You can see that Axl lost track, when he made +0,5db versions of CD stuff. 

The album is interesting in terms of ideas. But the production is awful and so is Axl's voice. 

The Rock the Rock voice is better. Its far away from old Axl, but at least listenable instead of the Mickey Mouse voice.

And it includes takes from how many vocal sessions? We have proof of some but we'll never know. I wish it had been done all at once. He sounded really great on "Angel Down" which gave me hope he'd sound the same when Chinese Democracy finally came out but it was all stuff we'd heard before.

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Lose lose for me.. I thought his vocals were terrible on CD.  I really didn't find the cartoon song any better. It sounded overly processed and layered. Most likely the only way to make him sound half way decent these days. 

Would disagree because we have heard him sound great at times live. He could still sound good in the studio with effort and no tinkering. We can only hope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creed said:

WTF? So is autotune. Axl's vocals are awful...An Axl in his prime could have saved every bad album. But here he just sucks...

But the album has so many problems...Imagine madagascar with a real orchestration...instead we got very cheap sounding synths...i can't stand the sound and production of CD. It sounds like an older album, which was re-recorded many many times. You can see that Axl lost track, when he made +0,5db versions of CD stuff. 

The album is interesting in terms of ideas. But the production is awful and so is Axl's voice. 

The Rock the Rock voice is better. Its far away from old Axl, but at least listenable instead of the Mickey Mouse voice.

Amen to that sir( guilty pleasure is putting ‘rock the rock’ in at work and I pretend it’s a new album single.)😉

38 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Fuck that! I hope it’s a kick ass album that gets heaps of radio play and several singles and puts rock n roll back on the map again.

Every fan base of older rock bands hope their new music will "bring rock back". It never does. Rock radio hardly plays any rock anymore. Almost every rock band is changing their sound to incorporate shitty modern elements. I was shocked when I heard the latest Volbeat single since it was an actual rock song, I had no idea rock bands we're still making those.

13 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Every fan base of older rock bands hope their new music will "bring rock back". It never does. Rock radio hardly plays any rock anymore. Almost every rock band is changing their sound to incorporate shitty modern elements. I was shocked when I heard the latest Volbeat single since it was an actual rock song, I had no idea rock bands we're still making those.

correct.  And thats another reason this record will NEVER be as successful as we hope.  it WONT bring back anything, it WONT change the music scene etc.  It will be lucky to get any radio play at all.  This band needs to release it for the fans, their love for art etc.  There is NEVER a perfect time to release it.  Other bands are releasing music, albums etc during covid.   Hell, Billy Joe from greenday is releasing a cover song every monday and they rock.  We are down to a very simple tome in GnR.  They either want to or dont.  no excuses any more, we have heard them all

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I couldn't care less how much an album sells. All that matters to me is if I like it or not. I don't need any artist I like to be "on top of the world" or whatever. As long as their art moves me, I'm good. 

Too bad the band don't agree, otherwise we might be listening to it right now.

2 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Fam. They finally did it fam. They created backgrounds for Zoom meetings fam. Also, fam.

I really do wonder sometimes what demographic they think they are aiming for. Is it fair to say the average fan is between 40 and 60.....? And if so - are 40-60 year olds really mucking about with Zoom to the point this stuff is even useful???

Edited by DTJ80

55 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I really do wonder sometimes what demographic they think they are aiming for. Is it fair to say the average fan is between 40 and 60.....? And if so - are 40-60 year olds really mucking about with Zoom to the point this stuff is even useful???

No. The whole social media is so far removed from the 3 actual band members, it's a joke. Conclusion: they don't care about it. 

5 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

GnR live expirience is still very enjoyable...much more than watching YouTube videos of shows.

I have enjoyed the shows A LOT and Axl sounding whatever he sounded like in 2010,2011,2016,2017.

I agree, I certainly loved the three shows I went to here in Australia a couple of years ago. And Axl's voice sounded great live, it is of course blended in with the sound of the band but even still, they sounded great as a unit. I know alot of friends that are harsh critics of Axl's that came along to the shows,  and they thought he was awesome and put on a fantastic live show. 

• Like 1