The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

poster on reddit: 

MustardTigerPOW
For sure. But this was 3.5 years ago, when hopes of some sort of creativity were still high. Neither I, nor anyone else I went to the 2017 show with, bought tickets for this year's shows.

I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong. Seriously. I grew up with this band, Appetite was the first CD I bought. I was in the queue on UYI release day. I'm one of the few that loved Chinese Democracy. Hell, I even quite liked 'Rock the Rock'. It just sucks that all we have got since 2008 is merchandise.

flebeis

Don’t give up just yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

"original music" seems like he wrote original stuff for GN'R. Only for Axl to keep it in the vault... probably :jerkoff:

I just thought it odd he brought it up - not asked. Im looking on the positive side for this one! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I just thought it odd he brought it up - not asked. Im looking on the positive side for this one! 😂

I try to be positive on this band, but the word positive has been the most negative word for this year :shocked:

23 minutes ago, Kranich said:

OMG New album in first 6 months of 2020

Oh wait ...

he probably meant a photo album of the tour :lol:

4 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

poster on reddit: 

MustardTigerPOW
For sure. But this was 3.5 years ago, when hopes of some sort of creativity were still high. Neither I, nor anyone else I went to the 2017 show with, bought tickets for this year's shows.

I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong. Seriously. I grew up with this band, Appetite was the first CD I bought. I was in the queue on UYI release day. I'm one of the few that loved Chinese Democracy. Hell, I even quite liked 'Rock the Rock'. It just sucks that all we have got since 2008 is merchandise.

flebeis

Don’t give up just yet.

He's been saying the same crap the last few years. I don't believe anything that he says.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I think you probably have to have the memories of the thrill of them in the 1980s/1990s in some ways to really appreciate them. Sure, you can watch videos, look at pictures etc, but it's difficult to describe how much they mattered back then. For myself, and a lot of others here I would imagine, they gave us an identity and a passion. They were absolutely everything you wanted, for a few years back then. They were of the time and captured our young minds, for sure. It's also why we're still here giving a shit really. 

If you weren't around then, and didn't experience that, then I think it's pretty natural that that magic isn't there. The excitement of seeing pictures of them in music magazines, of taping things like Paris from the TV and wearing out the video tape, being able to finally hunt down and find a t-shirt and feeling so thrilled to wear it, all that stuff. It was all special....and all of the time. 

If I hadn't been around that I'm not sure how I'd feel about the band now. I'd probably view them much as I view something like The Who to be honest - with detached indifference and distance, but a general view that they had a few good tunes back in the day. 

So you've got all that......but with this agonizing thing just under the surface that you KNOW they have things you;d love to hear gathering dust and that they have so much potential to bring you something you'll enjoy at a different stage in your life but won't release or do it. 

It's fucking mental really. 

This was all me when i first heard them in 88 when i was 13 up until my early 20s.  

I felt there was a band that represented "me". The poster is right, its hard to describe what it meant to a fan from 87 to 93, and reading interviews after about the illusion followups. 

There was no youtube or any social media. When joining the bands fan club, and buying merch, was filling out a form and posting overseas and god knows how long it would take to get a response.. Going to newsagents and spending hours reading interviews in different magazines. It was a different time and the band were just larger than life. 

With social media and information at people fingertips, its removed the romantacism of how we look at bands and artists.

• Like 2

Since these guys are substantially old-school, there’s always this possibility that they/Axl won’t want to release anything until they can immediately start touring it…

There, I said it. If that’s the case, we’re in for at least another year of silence, another year of pain, another year that’s gone forever and we’ll never have again. 

I hope to fuck not. 

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Since these guys are substantially old-school, there’s always this possibility that they/Axl won’t want to release anything until they can immediately start touring it…

There, I said it. If that’s the case, we’re in for at least another year of silence, another year of pain, another year that’s gone forever and we’ll never have again. 

I hope to fuck not. 

That is not it, Axl didn't tour for an entire year after Chinese. 

He just can't be arsed to release music

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

That is not it, Axl didn't tour for an entire year after Chinese. 

He just can't be arsed to release music

Yeah, but that was Chinese. Maybe he wanted to piss off some execs or something. This might be different. Again, I hope it's not the case. 

Let's be honnest .Slash is a good guys. The men ask him what he was doing during this spécial période and he said " working on original music for GNR" why he will lie. U will tell me that it's not him who decide but Axl ? but who knows better Axl than him ? so if he do that it's because he know something could happen. Or maybe he said that to put a little presure to Axl. But for sure him and Duff know better Axl than us so if he work since 4 years on some music for GNR I trust him? Also the pressure to put one or 2 CD with the big 3 is a lot. after AFD and the 2 UYI. Can u beleive ???? u need to have a mazing song specially because Izzy is not here to help

Oohhhh, I am going against popular opinion here.  I am not doing “Read the room,” no. Lol. I just dont GnR going there with the three of them doing new music. Nothing can top what was. 
Slash us very busy working on MKandS,  the Conspirators. See his and his lady’s Insta.

He quickly mentioned GnR because he knew he was going to be asked and then what he said was prettty generic.  If there was something why not just say.  I dont think there has been a solid indication that new music is going to be produced

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Even if they had new music ready to be released (which they don't), it makes no sense to put it out now. The money is all in touring and new music can't sell tickets when they can't have concerts.

AC/DC are about to release a new album... Bon Jovi just released one..its shit..but he still got it out...Smashing Pumpkins are releasing a new album next month...tired of excuses.. Eddie Van Halen just died ...life is short...someone should tell Axl

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

He quickly mentioned GnR because he knew he was going to be asked and then what he said was prettty generic.  If there was something why not just say.  I dont think there has been a solid indication that new music is going to be produced

In this case ,it was clearly a soft news piece that the PR guys set up. I don't think he needed to worry too much about being asked hard-hitting questions about new music. he just threw it out there when asked what he's been up to lately.

I think there has been quite a few indications of new music. Slash and Duff have both mentioned working on stuff. Fortus said we could hear music earlier than we think. The band rehearsed Hardschool and there were indications that something was brewing for this year until the pandemic hit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

In this case ,it was clearly a soft news piece that the PR guys set up. I don't think he needed to worry too much about being asked hard-hitting questions about new music. he just threw it out there when asked what he's been up to lately.

I think there has been quite a few indications of new music. Slash and Duff have both mentioned working on stuff. Fortus said we could hear music earlier than we think. The band rehearsed Hardschool and there were indications that something was brewing for this year until the pandemic hit.

This is pretty much where I’m at. Plus Susan effectively said she had been given permission to say a small bit too in the AFD podcast. We will get something.....it’s just a case of when....😤

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1