The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

12 hours ago, WhazUp said:

So no posting TB sourced info either, in that case? :lol:

Honestly, they know about what is happening with new music as the rest of us.

Info on the topic is always based on Axl’s intentions at one particular point in time.

Things can, and almost aways do, change.

After 13 years of this it’s best to assume there will be no new music until it appears. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

If they’re smart and want to really release a record. They should call it Use Your Illusions 3, risky but it ties in with the UYI 1 & 2 anniversary. Release a box set of hidden gems from the uyi sessions along with UYI 3 filled with new songs. Everybody wins. 

But they'd rather ask us to suck their dicks. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

If they’re smart and want to really release a record. They should call it Use Your Illusions 3, risky but it ties in with the UYI 1 & 2 anniversary. Release a box set of hidden gems from the uyi sessions along with UYI 3 filled with new songs. Everybody wins. 

I feel like that implies more that it's an album of unreleased tracks from that era.  Not sure that would be the best marketing

19 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I feel like that implies more that it's an album of unreleased tracks from that era.  Not sure that would be the best marketing

Marketing wise I think it's smart and doesn't necessarily implies an album of unreleased tracks. McCartney did it with McCartney III, I didn't think it was a collection of old unreleased tracks.

Well that's Paul anyway. I would get your point because it's Axl we're dealing with. 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

I’ve also felt for awhile now that if they really did come out with a record this year they might as well just call it UYI3 and even give it that green cover that’s used on all the fan bootlegs and whatnot. It might sell better that way (lol!).

41 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Marketing wise I think it's smart and doesn't necessarily implies an album of unreleased tracks. McCartney did it with McCartney III, I didn't think it was a collection of old unreleased tracks.

Well that's Paul anyway. I would get your point because it's Axl we're dealing with. 😂 

Yeah but McCartney is also his last name.  

Honestly I think just a self titled album would be cool.

44 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Yeah but McCartney is also his last name.  

Honestly I think just a self titled album would be cool.

A self-titled album would also work imo yeah.

back in 2020 I was thinking maybe the album (which I naively thought was still a possibility back then lol) would actually be called “2020” and use the same artwork that the tour promos were using (the skeleton in Knight armor holding a shield with the number 2020 on it). Tho I think it’s safe to say now that the opportunity to use that title/artwork has now passed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

A self-titled album would also work imo yeah.

back in 2020 I was thinking maybe the album (which I naively thought was still a possibility back then lol) would actually be called “2020” and use the same artwork that the tour promos were using (the skeleton in Knight armor holding a shield with the number 2020 on it). Tho I think it’s safe to say now that the opportunity to use that title/artwork has now passed.

2020 intentions lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think if this ends up being the final album then that's the way to go.

Yeah, especially if it ends up including all the members from the band’s history, in some shape or form (Duff kinda hinted at that once).

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah, especially if it ends up including all the members from the band’s history, in some shape or form (Duff kinda hinted at that once).

I had thought this around the time of Golden Gods when he thanked all the past lineups et al. He seemed really upbeat. It is a nice way to legitimize all the players in the legacy of the band.

19 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Just the 385 pages so far. I think we can do better. 

This thread is like a long running gag. Just as everyone sorta got their fix of seeing GNR live and some dwindling ticket sales they now had the pandemic to gather up interest in live shows again, and can tour on that alone now for another 1-2 years without needing a new album. And they also got the UYI anniversary to promote in September, lol.

IMO, if they didn't finish an album during the time since March 2020 to today, when no one had anything to do, they will never release an album. There is just no logical reason left then, except that Axl doesn't want to release anything.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown