The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Wow! Hadn't seen that. That's incredible. I'm assuming that's US....I just ordered a CD from the UK site! 

You ordered a CD! Is it Christmas already. 

It says they hope to get back to normal 5 April. No more excuses Team Brazil 

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

No company in their right mind would release a product in the current circumstances, even if that product is primarily consumed through a streaming medium. I think the best we can hope for is November, because most predictions do not expect this virus to clear up anytime soon, and that's not even considering the lingering economic impact.

Wait. What? Why wouldn't companies release product that's delivered immediately, for free, to their customers in their home. 

What does people gathering in public have to do with streaming music? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WildStar said:

You ordered a CD! Is it Christmas already. 

It says they hope to get back to normal 5 April. No more excuses Team Brazil 

I like to splash the cash when I can! Not arrived yet though, I'll keep you updated to save you restless nights on that front. 

In the meantime you can get busy applying some fake tattoos. See if you can apply so many that your family disown you. 

Edited by allwaystired

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. What? Why wouldn't companies release product that's delivered immediately, for free, to their customers in their home. 

What does people gathering in public have to do with streaming music? 

Totally agreed. Movies are being released early on streaming platforms because people are stuck at home. If anything, I think a big music release would do better during the pandemic, at least in terms of the streaming metrics. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

Totally agreed. Movies are being released early on streaming platforms because people are stuck at home. If anything, I think a big music release would do better during the pandemic, at least in terms of the streaming metrics. 

I guess it depends whether or not the band and label care more about streaming revenue vs. physical sales

14 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl doesn't give a shit. His desire to hoard music supersedes all rational thought.

Oh, I'm aware haha. 

13 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I guess it depends whether or not the band and label care more about streaming revenue vs. physical sales

Why would they care about the more about the tiny amount of revenue that comes from physical sales? 

I can just see it now being spoken like utter shite in interviews months from now. 

oh we were all set to release a record to coincide with the tour but world events have unfortunately precluded us from doing so

when is reality nothing was ever going to be released 

Edited by gavgnr
  • GNFNR 1

Let's not beat around the bush here......the conronavirus is NOTHING to do with the lack of new material and/or the release of it. 

No plans will have been on hold....because it's 99 per cent likely there weren't any plans. 

The only plan that looks to have been in place was to MAYBE insert Hardschool into the NITL setlist and MAYBE substitute a couple of older songs for some other older songs on the odd night. Both of those are big maybes. 

It's business as usual in GNR world. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Let's not beat around the bush here......the conronavirus is NOTHING to do with the lack of new material and/or the release of it. 

No plans will have been on hold....because it's 99 per cent likely there weren't any plans. 

The only plan that looks to have been in place was to MAYBE insert Hardschool into the NITL setlist and MAYBE substitute a couple of older songs for some other older songs on the odd night. Both of those are big maybes. 

Even if that was the case, what excuse do they got now? They will probably have several months off now to get shit started

13 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Even if that was the case, what excuse do they got now? They will probably have several months off now to get shit started

They haven't had one for years. They don't even need one anymore really. Just keep people going with the 'maybe.....' forever. 

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I can just see it now being spoken like utter shite in interviews months from now. 

oh we were all set to release a record to coincide with the tour but world events have unfortunately precluded us from doing so

when is reality nothing was ever going to be released 

Think it's a bit silly to think they'd lie about that.

If they were to to say that then that was their plan(and it is looking more and more likely that was their plan).

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Tbh I'd be very happy with that.

But I think it's likely their plans to release hardschool (and maybe a couple other songs) have been sunk by the virus.

We'll get there in the end though.

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Why? I can't think of one single argument why millions of people being forced to sit at home would be a DISADVANTAGE for a streaming product? It's the complete reverse in my opinion

100%.

Theres actually a double whammy benefit - release standard album now for streaming only, release deluxe edition with bonus tracks on CD / vinyl once coronavirus has fucked off. Make money twice.

35 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I’d love it if some fucker just dropped in here with a link for the 2010 album. The band ain’t interested in releasing shit. We need someone with some big fat hairy balls and 3 pound of cock to come and save us from our frustration 🤣

Does that actually exist as a thing? Or are we supposing?

45 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

100%.

Theres actually a double whammy benefit - release standard album now for streaming only, release deluxe edition with bonus tracks on CD / vinyl once coronavirus has fucked off. Make money twice.

Does that actually exist as a thing? Or are we supposing?

Depending on who you believe, apparently it’s out there. You’d have to think tunes on it would be earmarked for the new album and so the potential ‘cash-in’ for any hoarders must be a bit shaky.

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Pretty much this. They will include it in the setlist and play it and that's all that will change 

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

There are some bands playing "virtual shows" and streaming it. Of course GNR would never do that, but there are people using the situation to get their music out there. 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Springsteen released some live stuff to watch during these strange days for free so that people got something to enjoy while they are stuck at home.

Guess who would never do something like this? Yes.

Man if GnR did either of those things the fanbase would go nuts. They could just set up in the rehearsal studio and play some songs, maybe take a couple requests. Would be a cool way to do some different songs too.

• Like 1