The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Man if GnR did either of those things the fanbase would go nuts. They could just set up in the rehearsal studio and play some songs, maybe take a couple requests. Would be a cool way to do some different songs too.

They could even do it weekly, and keep the buzz going for a while. Like do 30-45 minutes of just the hits for the first show, then sets of covers, acoustic songs, deep cuts, etc. over the next few days/weeks. :devilshades:

This thread title should be changed to "Things GNR Won't Do".

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. What? Why wouldn't companies release product that's delivered immediately, for free, to their customers in their home. 

What does people gathering in public have to do with streaming music? 

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

In addition to the above, every other artist was had releases planned for tomorrow and the coming weeks are pushing ahead with no problems whatsoever. 

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Why? I can't think of one single argument why millions of people being forced to sit at home would be a DISADVANTAGE for a streaming product? It's the complete reverse in my opinion

The economy is in a precarious position and could get much worse before the end of the year. Coupled with a global pandemic forcing lockdowns in many countries, and we have a situation where people can't or won't spend a lot of money on non-essential products. How does this affect a release via streaming mediums? It affects it because most companies would not just drop music on Spotify and leave it at that. To do so is poor business practice and poor marketing. Most companies would tie in a future physical release or other calls to action to increase sales and other conversions. The potential for the pandemic and economy to hinder this is significant. We also have to consider the fact that both factors dominate headlines and will continue to do so. Releasing an album now will gain some earned media, but it will quickly fall and the impact will be low as a result. 

It's much more wise to release a single every couple of months, and promote an album launch for November (or another date). Dropping an entire album on Spotify now, with significant risk to any follow-up marketing for physical sales, makes no sense at all.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

in 2012 there will be new record

Lol I remember that!

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The economy is in a precarious position and could get much worse before the end of the year. Coupled with a global pandemic forcing lockdowns in many countries, and we have a situation where people can't or won't spend a lot of money on non-essential products. How does this affect a release via streaming mediums? It affects it because most companies would not just drop music on Spotify and leave it at that. To do so is poor business practice and poor marketing. Most companies would tie in a future physical release or other calls to action to increase sales and other conversions. The potential for the pandemic and economy to hinder this is significant. We also have to consider the fact that both factors dominate headlines and will continue to do so. Releasing an album now will gain some earned media, but it will quickly fall and the impact will be low as a result. 

It's much more wise to release a single every couple of months, and promote an album launch for November (or another date). Dropping an entire album on Spotify now, with significant risk to any follow-up marketing for physical sales, makes no sense at all.

Yeah that makes sense to me. And honestly, I’d be fine if GnR and other bands just did a single once every few months or so until the world can get a better grasp on this whole situation. Even if there’s still no potential album release date in sight, I think dropping a single every now and then over the course of a year or two is no big deal. That’s how lots of hip-hop artists do it nowadays anyways!

There will be new music some day. And maybe this break leads them into the studio again, who knows? They had plans to concentrate on a new record then the touring opportunity came up. Now, while they're forced to stay at home, they probably have nothing better to do than working on music again. 

But, as we all know Axl's work ethic, there won't be anything anytime soon. Most on here were surprised that Slash recorded something for Guns. I'm not surprised att all. It's the most logical thing to happen

If Axl wants to overproduce the shit out of the new music like he did with Chinese, we're fucked and we probably won't get new music as long as he is still alive.

But if he changes is way of working... we might be lucky and get some new music around Christmas... not next Christmas but some of thd next probably. 

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s as simple as this:

If the band, more specifically Axl, wanted there to be new music, there would have been new music by now.

/thread

I think it’s a bit more complicated than that. Once they reunited, they apparently wanted to tour the shit out of it first. After all, there hasn’t been any real pressure for a new album, save for us the hard-cores, but they can always smite such vermin through some legal or other bullshit, carried out by F’nando, the manager of the decade with a degree in public relations, and the whole all-star team. 
So, there might be a record in the making, even though all we’ve had so far is just hints, evasions, or silence. 
However, I don’t expect them to drop anything until this virus situation has passed. 

6 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Springsteen released some live stuff to watch during these strange days for free so that people got something to enjoy while they are stuck at home.

Guess who would never do something like this? Yes.

The last thing anybody needs during these dark days is the sound of Mickey Mouse murdering AFD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like theres gonna be some sort of release this year, if not hopefully we get a UYI boxset next year along with the Perfect Crime Documentary. Be nice if Axl just said fuck it and released the documentary in the next few weeks while were all on lockdown

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Man if GnR did either of those things the fanbase would go nuts. They could just set up in the rehearsal studio and play some songs, maybe take a couple requests. Would be a cool way to do some different songs too.

isn't california locked down? how could they sit together in a studio and jam for fans? 

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The most you'll get is a revolting long sleeve t-shirt featuring the afd cross emblazoned with glitter and 'the next chapter' written down the sleeves. 

And when it's delivered it'll look a million times worse than the image on the store 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The most you'll get is a revolting long sleeve t-shirt featuring the afd cross emblazoned with glitter and 'the next chapter' written down the sleeves. 

Where can I buy?!? 🤑

Note - For avoidance of doubt...I’m kidding!

Edited by DTJ80

11 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I get your points and I completely agree that this is going to have a massive impact on the economy. However, they could still release and market an album in the midst of all of this. At least in my opinion. 

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I get your points and I completely agree that this is going to have a massive impact on the economy. However, they could still release and market an album in the midst of all of this. At least in my opinion. 

I agree. And the physical release is not something to worry about, it's really not much a return of investment. 

But I also agree that it makes more sense to release singles and then the full album later. Because it made sense even before the virus, it's how a lot of new artists already plan their releases.

I actually think they might wanted to do it in that way, which explains how only Hard School was on the table in this false start of the tour. It would make sense to keep the buzz at every new single release until the full album. 

And please, I know it's Guns N' Roses. But I rather be optimistic about this band. Too much pessimistic shit going on right now to deal with.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Italian girl said:

isn't california locked down? how could they sit together in a studio and jam for fans? 

They could do an acoustic set in Axl's living room, just Axl Slash and Duff. Idk I'm just throwing out ideas.

Yeah California is locked down, so realistically they probably can't even go to the studio. Not sure how long it will last for but they can still send files and stuff electronically (or Slash can do that with SMKC).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

There are some bands playing "virtual shows" and streaming it. Of course GNR would never do that, but there are people using the situation to get their music out there. 

I will never stop being annoyed that they haven't done MTV Unplugged yet.

This would be the perfect chance.

Also I'm currently waiting for April 1st. I think if anything is to come out it'll be then.

27 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I will never stop being annoyed that they haven't done MTV Unplugged yet.

This would be the perfect chance.

Also I'm currently waiting for April 1st. I think if anything is to come out it'll be then.

In the midst of a Coronavírus outbreak? With the entire world not giving a damn about anything than being safe against getting sick? Sure... It would be just the stupidiest move...

8 minutes ago, Legendador said:

In the midst of a Coronavírus outbreak? With the entire world not giving a damn about anything than being safe against getting sick? Sure... It would be just the stupidiest move...

People are by and large unphased by the pandemic unless you're 80.

There's numerous music releases happening today already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

They could do an acoustic set in Axl's living room, just Axl Slash and Duff. Idk I'm just throwing out ideas.

Yeah California is locked down, so realistically they probably can't even go to the studio. Not sure how long it will last for but they can still send files and stuff electronically (or Slash can do that with SMKC).

But aren't they allowed to go to work? That's what they'd basically do.