Need your help!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, surforia said:

What were the actual recommendations you made to them?  

I basically just get the general ideas that everyone has and forward them on.  As for specific shows, I try to go with ones that most people recommended, aftera all the gola is going to try to please as many people as possible.

On 10/15/2020 at 5:53 PM, there is no dana only zool said:

Shit, I'm way out of the loop, apparently (despite really still being a daily visitor for like the past 16 years) but Tim works for/with the band now?  Wow that's awesome.

The Illusion era and albums are the holy grail for me; no question (I'm also of the percentage of people who's never believed they have any 'filler' on them, anywhere lol). 

Honestly anything related to the Illusions, I'm way into.  All video (especially stuff from 91, holy shit...), alt mixes, etc.  Don't really care that much about merch (unless it's reprints of original designs; not new stuff [but i'd buy all everything, regardless, lol]) but yeah, I guess I'd say I'd desire unseen video, mostly (and unheard tracks, too, obviously)

Hey there.  No, I do not work with/for the band, just trying to help out in a friendly way, with the contact I have.  Completely agree with everything you said regarding these albums!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, troccoli said:

I basically just get the general ideas that everyone has and forward them on.  As for specific shows, I try to go with ones that most people recommended, aftera all the gola is going to try to please as many people as possible.

Hey there.  No, I do not work with/for the band, just trying to help out in a friendly way, with the contact I have.  Completely agree with everything you said regarding these albums!

Has there been any ‘rumblings’ of progress at all? There is a lot going on in the world so would not be surprised if not....just looking for any kind of positive GNR news to be honest. 😂

1 hour ago, troccoli said:

Not that I have heard.  I kind of wonder if this is going to be another "30th anniversary" boxset that comes a year or more after the fact.

To be honest...as long as it appears at some point I can wait. 😂

Cheers for the update. 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, troccoli said:

Not that I have heard.  I kind of wonder if this is going to be another "30th anniversary" boxset that comes a year or more after the fact.

Such a fuckup alround.

Was it the band or record company that dropped the ball on the LnL boxset?.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Up until now I was saying that my biggest wish was for this boxset to include as many unreleased songs as possible (crash diet, too much too soon, etc.), just for the sake of giving the officially-released song catalog a “boost,” but honestly, I’d be fine with any kind of reissue, at this point. Even just a simple remix/ remastering of the two albums would be nice (and anything on top of that would be a good bonus).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Up until now I was saying that my biggest wish was for this boxset to include as many unreleased songs as possible (crash diet, too much too soon, etc.), just for the sake of giving the officially-released song catalog a “boost,” but honestly, I’d be fine with any kind of reissue, at this point. Even just a simple remix/ remastering of the two albums would be nice (and anything on top of that would be a good bonus).

As is everything in the world of GnR since 1996, we're down to diminished expectations!

Diminished Expectations - New album name?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was on Reddit and saw this comment:-

For me, the grail of pro-shot UYI shows is Pantages theatre. It was shot on film and could potentially be remastered in great quality, plus it's got a rare performance of Bad Apples and Shannon Hoon guested on Don't Cry & You Ain't The First.

The fact it’s on film means a super high resolution version could be released. Throw in Bad Apples and Hoon on Dont Cry......yes please!!

• Like 3

On 11/4/2020 at 7:21 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Such a fuckup alround.

Was it the band or record company that dropped the ball on the LnL boxset?.

Unsure, but I would imagine the record company.  I mean as far as I can tell, they weren't waiting on anything from the band that would have delayed things.  Or maybe they were searching for something and it took a while to find?  I really don't know.  It might have been the phone call with me when I revealed (not that I was hiding anything, it's all on my site) everything I had, and the guy was actively redesigning the box as I was talking on the phone with him.  Hard to say. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, troccoli said:

Unsure, but I would imagine the record company.  I mean as far as I can tell, they weren't waiting on anything from the band that would have delayed things.  Or maybe they were searching for something and it took a while to find?  I really don't know.  It might have been the phone call with me when I revealed (not that I was hiding anything, it's all on my site) everything I had, and the guy was actively redesigning the box as I was talking on the phone with him.  Hard to say. 

Is there anything you've got they might be using for a UYI reissue at all? 

42 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Is there anything you've got they might be using for a UYI reissue at all? 

To be clear, I don't have anything unreleased in terms of songs and/or video.  From the standpoint of memorabilia, if they decide to do another book and/or mementos, I would imagine the answer would be yes then, quite a lot.  But we haven't even gotten to that discussion yet.