Richard Fortus Zoom Class last Saturday

Axl owes us Soul Monster. He came on the forum 12 years ago, said it was his favorite track, with the bridge being the meanest, most venomous thing he recorded. You don't tease that and never release it. Other tracks like The General, which were revealed to us by others like Baz, I'd be disappointed for it to never come out but not angry because it wasn't Axl that talked it up to us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

It would be ridicoulous to throw away any good ideas from Axl just because it was written years ago...

Perhaps, Hardschool, Atlas and specially State of Grace are GREAT songs that can be released adding some Slash to it...It would be pretty dumb to throw them away

Agreed 👍

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Ha ha - cheers mate. England actually have a very good team and Southgate seems a good guy. It’s the bloody English media - utterly unbearable. Scottish media will be the same now right enough 😂. We nearly blew it AGAIN but somehow managed to prevail....2020 truly is a weird old year. 😂

For any non-footy/soccer fans....Scotland qualified for a major tournament for first time since 1998. In GNR language for context...that was the year before Oh My God was released. 🤯

Some of the fans are pretty unbearable too! The entitlement is what drives me mad....and the relentless banging on about the winning of a certain world cup! 

Anyway.....

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

If the village sessions are anything to go by, there’s only half a good record there to work with, not a full record. Slash and Duff and co need to write at least half an album’s worth of songs that can go along with Hardschool, Atlas, etc.

I may be inclined to agree if there weren’t songs on CD that were nowhere to be seen on Village Sessions (Scraped, TIL). Not indicating that this is indicative of quality, more that there is more material there than just what was on village sessions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl owes us Soul Monster. He came on the forum 12 years ago, said it was his favorite track, with the bridge being the meanest, most venomous thing he recorded. You don't tease that and never release it. Other tracks like The General, which were revealed to us by others like Baz, I'd be disappointed for it to never come out but not angry because it wasn't Axl that talked it up to us.

“Nobody owes you anything” Isn’t that what Axl said on this very forum? 

I do agree with you though, I really want to hear songs that Axl himself felt were good enough to brag about. 

12 years & untold excuses later...

• Like 1

hopefully the writing new stuff, makes slash write cool, darker riffs and progressions (ala "nothing to say", "beneath the savage sun", "speed parade", "good to be alive" prechorus, "do it for the kids" "dirty little thing" "she mine")

and hopefully it means including fortus in the song writing process, (assuming that he posses some sort of artistic integrity when it comes to song writing, and doesnt just phone it in with some cock rock riffs)

AND axl better come in clutch with dark songs too. itd be wild to see a song credit as written by "Axl Rose, Robin Finck, Slash, Duff Mckagan, Rochard Fortus" all on one song, but it could DEFINTELY work. i wrote it in all caps so its gotta be true

Edited by Mendez

33 minutes ago, Mendez said:

hopefully the writing new stuff, makes slash write cool, darker riffs and progressions (ala "nothing to say", "beneath the savage sun", "speed parade", "good to be alive" prechorus, "do it for the kids" "dirty little thing" "she mine")

and hopefully it means including fortus in the song writing process, (assuming that he posses some sort of artistic integrity when it comes to song writing, and doesnt just phone it in with some cock rock riffs)

AND axl better come in clutch with dark songs too. itd be wild to see a song credit as written by "Axl Rose, Robin Finck, Slash, Duff Mckagan, Rochard Fortus" all on one song, but it could DEFINTELY work. i wrote it in all caps so its gotta be true

You spelled it wrong though,  it's Rochard Fartus.

I hope it's all new stuff with maybe 2 or 3 Chinese era tracks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JimiRose said:

They soundchecked hardschool, so they defintely haven't. Axl said at the china exchange the next album would be mainly chinese era songs. The lack of excitement around duff or slash promoting an album or even seeming to give a fuck about new music, whilst plugging their side projects non stop, suggest that they've had little creative input into writing the songs and probably just re recorded the old parts but with freedom to make them their own. 

... or maybe there is no new album to get excited about?

Even when, Slash and Duff are back since 2016. They could have written material for 3 full length GNR albums so far. Working on their solo stuff only shows that their clocks are moving way faster than Axl's. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 11:45 PM, RussTCB said:

Fortus has been doing the same thing since 2002. He praises whoever is getting a paycheck in the band with him at the moment and shits on whomever isn't. 

Not true, he's mentioned many times he had great chemistry with Robin and that the time before BBF joined the band was doing great and had major chemistry.

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I thought the OP was saying something about fortus saving st louis?.

4tus is from St. Louis and Guns hadn't played there since the riot. My interpretation of the chap's question above was that he may be unsure what happened for 4tus to be peacemaker, so I assumed he didn't know about the riot. Richard probably has contacts from back in the day that he may have been able to put out the feelers to see if it would be possible for Guns to play there. That's just my take on it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2020 at 4:26 PM, Sosso said:

I would like to hear more about the "peacemaker for St. Louis" comment. 

Isn’t he living there or he was born there ? I’m assuming that might be a part of it.

The 2010 Dublin weren’t ominous. There were drunk people off the left of the stage who started throwing things and axl did ask them to stop but to describe the crowd as ominous is a bit much. I was there that night and fair enough the crowd weren’t best pleased when the band left the stage given how a minority of the crowd had potentially fucked up the show for all of us  but again I wouldn’t use ominous to describe that crowd.