North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Slightly off topic, but I just had an interesting observation regarding live shows and wasn’t sure where else to mention this:

at recent shows, Axl seems to sing HIGHER than he’s supposed to, instead of lower (which is what happens to most singers when they age). So, rather than tuning DOWN like most bands eventually do, maybe GnR should tune UP to standard. It’d be interesting to see if they’d be willing to try that on a future tour.

The only thing is like Axl to do is get in shape and get a better wig. To have that much cash and have that hair is silly.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

So if everything goes to plan concerts of some description COULD happen from 21st June in UK.....the very same day as the Glasgow gig....🤣

Is BoJo a GNR fan.....trying to get lockdown lifted for the gig....🤔🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣

Weird that! 

I don't really understand it to be honest....a few days we were hearing about social distancing measures being in place until the end of the year, now we're hearing that there will be no social distancing whatsoever in June?! Seems an odd turnaround. 

I can't see it happening so soon to be honest- in four months are we really going to get from total lockdown to packed concert halls? 

I think I heard that big events might not actually be part of that 21st June however. God knows though. I don't trust a word these cretins say, let alone what they promise they'll deliver! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Weird that! 

I don't really understand it to be honest....a few days we were hearing about social distancing measures being in place until the end of the year, now we're hearing that there will be no social distancing whatsoever in June?! Seems an odd turnaround. 

I can't see it happening so soon to be honest- in four months are we really going to get from total lockdown to packed concert halls? 

I think I heard that big events might not actually be part of that 21st June however. God knows though. I don't trust a word these cretins say, let alone what they promise they'll deliver! 

Ha ha - I know, I’m not convinced it will all go to plan anyway....I just thought it was funny that the days matched exactly!

And in Scotland we could run to a different timeline anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, DTJ80 said:

Ha ha - I know, I’m not convinced it will all go to plan anyway....I just thought it was funny that the days matched exactly!

And in Scotland we could run to a different timeline anyway.

It's totally baffling to me! Just flies in the face of everything we're getting told. Probably another popularity-push from the public-school boy chums though, that won't happen. 

Yeah, Scotland could be totally different. You seem to have managed to elect a broadly competent leader, which surely won't hinder things! 

Whichever way you cut it though, it means the GNR English dates aren't happening, for definite. 

1 minute ago, reayj2003 said:

Be good if they pushed Europe dates to later in the summer. 

I don't think that would be possible because of restrictions around the venues they use really. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It's totally baffling to me! Just flies in the face of everything we're getting told. Probably another popularity-push from the public-school boy chums though, that won't happen. 

Yeah, Scotland could be totally different. You seem to have managed to elect a broadly competent leader, which surely won't hinder things! 

Whichever way you cut it though, it means the GNR English dates aren't happening, for definite. 

I don't think that would be possible because of restrictions around the venues they use really. 

Yeah - she isn’t perfect by any means but she has handled this pretty well IMO.

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Just today Aerosmith pushed their european tour to 2022. Queen+ did a while ago. I'm sure GNR will too and there will be no summer concerts this year.

Yeah - seems most likely outcome TBH. Axl will be well in the swing of things and firing on all cylinders by then......we all hope......🤣

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems that there is a distinct possibility that every adult in the UK will have been vaccinated by the end of July, the way things are going it will happen, amazing, we have so many people to thank for this ithe army, our brilliant NHS, civil service and the UK population who have helped to organise such a huge undertaking..  So we may have some sort of life music at the end of the year...fingers crossed.:crazy:

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

It seems that there is a distinct possibility that every adult in the UK will have been vaccinated by the end of July, the way things are going it will happen, amazing, we have so many people to thank for this ithe army, our brilliant NHS, civil service and the UK population who have helped to organise such a huge undertaking..  So we may have some sort of life music at the end of the year...fingers crossed.:crazy:

Every adult will be offered the vaccine - that isn't the same as every adult being vaccinated. Some suggestions are that uptake will be as low as 50% or less in the younger age groups. I think we have to hope the uptake the vaccine is high, otherwise we will see rapid flow tests and/or negative test certificates common place at every venue and will be checked with tickets. I fear rapid flow tests being required would pretty much make it impossible to get 10,000+ people in to an arena in a reasonable amount of time. 

But credit where it's due - the vaccine rollout to now has been staggering. Bravo all involved. 

• Like 3

Over in the States,  Governor Murphy will allow 15% attendance at outdoor venues and 10% attendance in indoor venues for NJ starting March 1. The announcement was made today. Even if he increases the attendance by August, there won't be that many people who would be able to attend the GNR concert at MetLife Stadium.  They would have to do some type of lottery system if they don't allow full capacity.  I can see GNR postponing the tour again since it may not be worth it. 

16 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Over in the States,  Governor Murphy will allow 15% attendance at outdoor venues and 10% attendance in indoor venues for NJ starting March 1. The announcement was made today. Even if he increases the attendance by August, there won't be that many people who would be able to attend the GNR concert at MetLife Stadium.  They would have to do some type of lottery system if they don't allow full capacity.  I can see GNR postponing the tour again since it may not be worth it. 

Having had a look at the ticket sales, they'll be fine! 

Joking aside though, I can't see the US dates happening either. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

btw, this year I won't feel safe to attend large events

🙁

I do feel safe. I would go immediately to a show! Afterwards I would wear an ffp 2 mask or not meet anyone for 2 days... and do a covid test 2 days after the gig to see if I am ok. 
if anything we have huge possibilities of covid tests for free here in Austria , so everyone who wants to be tested regularly can be tested regularly 

• Like 1

My guess is that they’ll start with Australia. Europe won’t be ready. The rest of Europe are months behind the UK. Scotland won’t happen. They’re going slower than England and it doesn’t make financial sense to travel all that way to play only Glasgow.

It will be interesting to see if the band, especially Axl, is prepared to be quarantined in a cheap hotel room for 10-14 days however - if Australia keeps up that law.

Edited by invisible_rose

Texas and Mississippi lifting restrictions and allowing full capacity at events starting March 10.Idk sounds a bit premature but maybe, possibly other states will follow in the coming months in time for a Summer tour 

• Wow 1

45 minutes ago, gt72 said:

Texas and Mississippi lifting restrictions and allowing full capacity at events starting March 10.Idk sounds a bit premature but maybe, possibly other states will follow in the coming months in time for a Summer tour 

Wow. Surprised by that! I thought Covid was still running wild over there and the rates were still incredibly high? 

55 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Wow. Surprised by that! I thought Covid was still running wild over there and the rates were still incredibly high? 

Rates have declined dramatically over the past month or so but it has leveled out recently. The variants are becoming predominant and I hope we don't muck this up by lifting restrictions. I just hope the vaccines can offset some of the, from my viewpoint, the premature lifting of restrictions. 

13 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Rates have declined dramatically over the past month or so but it has leveled out recently. The variants are becoming predominant and I hope we don't muck this up by lifting restrictions. I just hope the vaccines can offset some of the, from my viewpoint, the premature lifting of restrictions. 

Yeah, definitely. I just read up about it all out of my own interest actually.

It seems a mad decision to me, and clearly to a lot of others. Seems to be based more around politics than health concerns. It remains insane to me, as a European, that even the wearing of a mask is regarded in some circles as a political act. That's just not the case here. 

I'd still be very surprised if the US dates happen, regardless of some states making these seemingly headline-grabbing decisions out of the blue. 

• Like 3