If you could change ONE thing about the current state of GNR...

If you could have only ONE of these things...  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

By a mile I'd take Axl singing the NITL tour into his old(er) age if the trade was his voice was strong again. I'd still want new music eventually though, but I think Axl singing incredible would be a distraction for a while for me and a lot of people here... I might even go to another NITL show if it was regularly strong.

• Like 1

A new record and have that take up the majority of the set and get shot of a load of the tired songs, bringing them back occasionally.

Axl singing consistently like he did in 2016 would be immensely pleasing too, but beefing up that catalog should always take priority.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dean said:

A new record and have that take up the majority of the set and get shot of a load of the tired songs, bringing them back occasionally.

Axl singing consistently like he did in 2016 would be immensely pleasing too, but beefing up that catalog should always take priority.

If they stopped touring and Axl just recorded in the studio, sure priority would be beefing up the catalogue. I would love if they did that! 

As that is not going to happen, I think right now No. 1 Axl gets his voice back to at least 2016 standard this benefits both the studio and live. No. 2 New music No. 3 A setlist with lots of new material a dusting of CD, the mandatory hits and the fan favourite deep cuts. I accept they'll never not include NV, but you are right that there are a lot of songs like Brownstone that don't need to always be played. SCOM, NV, PC, Jungle, Patience, ISE, Estranged, Nightrain are the only songs that absolutely have to be played, every other song should be rotatable, a min of 4-5 songs should be different if you go to two shows in a row. I just hate going to a show and knowing that this song will be here, or they are playing this so the show is almost over... it's like watching a movie and somebody's told you the story already, kinda takes you out of the moment. BUT nothing takes you more out of the moment than Axl singing badly, not even Franks booming snare drum or Slash's out of key bends :P 

12 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Appetite five play the Troubadour. "Reunion" comes full circle before they call it day.  

Absolutely not. Leave AFD 5 alone. That is best wished for but never happening like Sting Vs The Undertaker (for you Rastlin' fans). Would not live up the expectations like NITL didn't, so leave well enough alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If they stopped touring and Axl just recorded in the studio, sure priority would be beefing up the catalogue. I would love if they did that! 

As that is not going to happen, I think right now No. 1 Axl gets his voice back to at least 2016 standard this benefits both the studio and live

I really think the AC/DC gig followed by excessive NITL touring has fucked his voice up beyond repair, unfortunately. He can still sound decent but I think even a 2016 level, let alone 2010 or his prime, is less likely than new music... and I don't think new music is very likely!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Absolutely not. Leave AFD 5 alone. That is best wished for but never happening like Sting Vs The Undertaker (for you Rastlin' fans). Would not live up the expectations like NITL didn't, so leave well enough alone.

What if an Appetite reunion was presented as a cinematic wrestling match?

As AEW's Excalibur would say; "Got to give the people what they want."

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I really think the AC/DC gig followed by excessive NITL touring has fucked his voice up beyond repair, unfortunately. He can still sound decent but I think even a 2016 level, let alone 2010 or his prime, is less likely than new music... and I don't think new music is very likely!

The thought of more concerts like the last 2yrs of NITL... I just can't give up hope that he can get it together. There are examples of singers who blew their voices and worked to get back to a good level again. Time isn't on his side, but there are musical ways to navigate time, like the way Steven Tyler has. He doesn't sing every high note, but he does hit the important ones and he sings the verses and choruses with his trademark voice. If he tried to sing every note, he would blow out his voice and he would fall to pieces. Axl tends to avoid the good practices of other singers... and that's likely why he has lost a step in his older age.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

What if an Appetite reunion was presented as a cinematic wrestling match?

As AEW's Excalibur would say; "Got to give the people what they want."

Nah... the only Cinematic GNR PPV I want is (matches set by commissioner Teddy zigzag)

Adler Vs Sorum

Triple threat

Fortus vs Bucket vs Bumble

Get the name in the briefcase ladder match 

Axl vs Slash (special guest ref Paul tobias)

Edited by Tom2112
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I couldn't care less about future touring, so Axl sounding like his prime again but still singing the same songs he's sung a billion times would still be boring.

New music or GTFO.

HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER!!!!  Spot on. 

They really should have kept the NITL tour to two years with a month break between legs. At this point I can’t figure out why they would do more dates unless it was to promote an album. Surely they’ve made enough money to last a lifetime. But on topic, at this point it’s gotta be a new album and hopefully someday we get a afd reunion 

• Old Axl sound:  Well this isn't realistic, no singer sounds the same as the 80s and early 90s, yes we could have more rasp but there are other ways for Axl to sound better
  • New Album: I'm all for new music, I personally think this, a new setlist and the vault being unleashed are really all a single option since with  a new album comes a new set, and things from the Vault will likely be released in this form
  • AFD Line Up: I'm fine with the current line up, although Frank isn't always the best, this isn't high on my list
  • New Setlist: We got coma, dead horse, locomotive, among other tracks not played in years, yes it could be better paced and have more but GNR only really has 5 albums we do get a fair bit of their catalog
  • Management: This is also needed but if we could get a new album plus some stuff from the vault with this one, I'd be okay with it. Could be a lot better but this option could result in all of the above and below excluding the AFD reunion occuring
  • Unleash The Vault: See New album comment. 

I'm an optimist, and I believe they will release an album and I'm young enough to think that I will see the vault be released in my lifetime

I voted new music. To me it’s the only thing left for the band to do that has any excitement. 
They fucked up the best chance of a reunion in 2016 and if I want to hear Axl in his prime voice then I’ll listen to the 87-93 era stuff when the rest of the band were in they’re prime as well. 

Edited by Gold top 78

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

As that is not going to happen, I think right now No. 1 Axl gets his voice back to at least 2016 standard this benefits both the studio and live. No. 2 New music No. 3 A setlist with lots of new material a dusting of CD, the mandatory hits and the fan favourite deep cuts. I accept they'll never not include NV, but you are right that there are a lot of songs like Brownstone that don't need to always be played. SCOM, NV, PC, Jungle, Patience, ISE, Estranged, Nightrain are the only songs that absolutely have to be played, every other song should be rotatable, a min of 4-5 songs should be different if you go to two shows in a row. I just hate going to a show and knowing that this song will be here, or they are playing this so the show is almost over... it's like watching a movie and somebody's told you the story already, kinda takes you out of the moment. BUT nothing takes you more out of the moment than Axl singing badly, not even Franks booming snare drum or Slash's out of key bends :P 

Releasing music and touring go hand in hand anyway and that seems to be the excuse they’re spinning to justify their reasoning for not dropping an album during this pandemic!

The majority of the middle section of the set list they perform falls under the category of ‘tired’ for me. It was a big deal when they brought back Yesterdays at the last Vegas residency but now, with the way it sounds, pains me greatly at the several shows I’ve been to. The first 4 songs, Sweet Child, November Rain, Knockin’, Patience and PC should be staples in my opinion, the rest can all be mixed up. When I was at Slane, a bird next to me started crying when SCOM played. Mental how music has that effect on people, especially when it’s sang in the way Axl approaches it.