06/18/22 - Prague, CZ - Letnany Airport

alfierose

32 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Any Kat Photoshopping aside, he’s looking spectacular compared with any other period since ‘16! Jordan Perform the PT must be the reason behind the transformation for this leg.

He’s been pounding the streets near him, granted he could be doing additional work with PT’s, but the discipline he’s shown, fair fucks to him!

7 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Best Street of Dreams (The Blues) by far was RIRII.

’ok nevermind!….’ 👍🏻

Rock In Rio III had a few of my favourite ever performances, particularly November Rain. Amazing.

• Like 1

When you are close to the stage youre so into it that you dont neccessary pay so much attention to Axls vocal performance. It will be nice to see in London when Im in General Admission if the vocal performance bothers me.

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

a musician releasing a song they think is good... don't see why that is laughable. Personally I think it's a great song and even if it wasn't, to try and excuse the negative reception of Slash's version of it by pointing out you think the song sucks so there's no point in criticizing Slash's noodling is absurd. He did this on legendary songs as well like Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love by Van Halen for example and he noodles when he's with the Conspirators too. 

Noodle noodle noodle... blahblahblah...

3 hours ago, adamsapple said:

If I would do my job as sloppy as Slash does his I'd find myself unemployed the same day and rightly so.

This guy makes MILLIONS for those concerts and this is what he comes up with? Guy is way up his own ass, full of himself, playing sloppy, not giving a shit about the music, absolute decadence.

I can't imagine how Richard must feel. If it wasn't for him, the band would have no proper guitarist anymore.

Was about to attend the Groningen show as it is the closest to my place and Axl seems to be making a fair enough effort right now, but I guess I'll just keep driving up north a few miles more and rather spend the day on the beach.

Maybe a little on the extreme side. Slash still delivers, but he clearly chooses when and where he wants to really commit to a song. Sometimes his judgements on what is and isn't an important line is just WAY off. His rhythm is about as good as it ever has been though. 

And you know, Richard does play the notes faithfully but to my ears he hasn't really nailed the solo in Chinese or the solo he played on SOD the other night... it just needed a bit more👊

57 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Is funny that we passed of be hard critic about Axl and now is Slash objet of the same hard critic.:D

I just think Axl has been so off for so long Slash was getting a pass. I haven't been pleased with Slash on record or live since WOF. Not saying there hasn't been great performances, because he still is a great player and very much capable.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

sorry, must have said something that was perceived to be negative about Slash and you don't like that so your silly reply to my post is on me.

Lol... I just don't care what you have to say...

In my opinion SOD is an awful song that I don't listen to and I don't care if Slash plays a solo on it that you think is good or not

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaygnr said:

Anyone else worried by the body language on SOD by Slash ans Duff...this whole thing coming to an end after this tour maybe? 

Or am i reading too much into 1 performance

It was the first time they've played it live, I get the impression that they were in the complete focus mode to make sure they didn't mess it up (especially Duff) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

Lol... I just don't care what you have to say...

In my opinion SOD is an awful song that I don't listen to and I don't care if Slash plays a solo on it that you think is good or not

that's fine, but politeness doesn't cost anything, even if you don't agree with my opinions and just don't care. 

13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Maybe a little on the extreme side. Slash still delivers, but he clearly chooses when and wear he wants to really commit to a song. Sometimes his judgements on what is and isn't an important line is just WAY off. His rhythm is about as good as it ever has been though. 

And you know, Richard does play the notes faithfully but to my ears he hasn't really nailed the solo in Chinese or the solo he played on SOD the other night... it just needed a bit more👊

I just think Axl has been so off for so long Slash was getting a pass. I haven't been pleased with Slash on record or live since WOF. Not saying there hasn't been great performances, because he still is a great player and very much capable.

At least we give to Axl it time an little rest.... 😄

• Haha 3

So we were told that at the beginning, it was Slash and Duff who on their own when and learned the CD songs. Since SOD seems like a song Slash wasn’t interested in writing in 95-97, I’m assuming Axl is the one that wanted to dust this one off. 

I’ve been a fan of the Blues for a long time like most, but I’m startled that they added it to the set. More startled that when they played Absurd!

Another show that gets a bad review from local media.

https://1gr.cz/fotky/idnes/22/062/cl8h/TS943145_PhotoJun1815948AM.jpg

https://www.idnes.cz/kultura/hudba/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-slash-koncert-letnany.A220618_225117_hudba_jgo

(I used google translate for this)

REVIEWS: The Guns N’ Roses concert dragged the bottom of the falsely whining Axl

Going to a Guns N' Roses concert is like a lottery bet. You can rely on instrumental performances, but when it comes to the voice condition of frontman Axl Rose, we can only be surprised how he will do.

And it didn't work out in Letňany. Rumors of Axl's poor form had been going on for some time before the Prague concert, accompanied by recordings of performances at the Rock Sweden festival, in which Axl's desperate attempt at singing provoked an incredulous shaking of his head at best.

In Prague it was wall to wall. At times, Rose's singing was perfectly fine, at times his ears ached and he looked forward to being overwhelmed by the guitar solo. Or keyboard, bass, whatever. Just to stop the suffering. "I wanna hear you scream!" Axl shouted at Welcome To The Jungle. "We wanna hear you singing!" He called in response. Because this is exactly the stone he plowed almost exemplary.

What is true is that the duo duo Slash and Richard Fortus acted absolutely sovereignly, that Duff McKagan once again proved to be a great bass player, whose relaxed yet emphatic playing, in favor of the overall sound, forms an essential part of the unmistakable sound of Guns N’ Roses. Drummer Frank Ferrer, the reliably working keyboard section Dizzy Reed (the Prague concert fell on his birthday) and Melissa Reese also tried.

All their skill and effort was to culminate the moment the frontman grabs the microphone and spins his second-famous vocal circular saw. But there was little left of her. Here and there, Axl screamed as he had before, but more often he stumbled in an effort to at least consistently intonate, and he was often completely false and out.

Perhaps the worst was the songs from the (?) Last album Chinese Democracy. The title bar just whizzed around, Better Axl walled up completely, and Street Of Dreams didn't turn out much better. It was touching to watch the singer be out and Duff McKagan and Melissa Reese doing their best vocals to make sure it wasn't a complete fiasco.

One well-sung song - Dylan's Knockin 'On Heaven's Door - turned out quite acceptably - had two setbacks: Sweet Child O'Mine or November Rain, in which the vocals dropped out in places.

This has long been part of the Guns N’ Roses concert. As well as the fact that the performance, thanks to frequent several-minute breaks between songs, doesn't go down much. The fact that the band somehow doesn't deal much with the creation of new material, is confused about a possible new record and relies entirely on nostalgia after the times when the opulent two-album set Use Your Illusion reigned supreme for the charts.

On the other hand, the songs from him, and of course from his debut Appetite For Destruction, are so strong that you just like to succumb to them again, even though you prefer to play a studio vocal line in your head instead of the principal's desperate whining. And that even the devout Chinese Democracy brought some really strong songs that don't have to worry about the notorious and many times played hits.

Being a Guns N’ Roses fan is a full-time chore. One has to clarify a lot of things, regret a lot and tolerate a lot to enjoy the rock circus one hundred percent. In the end, the most pleasant finding for a person who likes to listen to them but doesn't live in a band from morning till night was that the concert started for a minute precisely and there was no tiring waiting for the master to finally get down to the plebs.

https://1gr.cz/fotky/idnes/22/062/cl8h/TS943146_PhotoJun1820136AM.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Sosso said:

That solo would be so easy for Slash to play but he shreds the shit out of it (That's what fans used to say about Buckelhead, lol) 

At least bucket shredded with more substance and point than random farts by Slash....I am so disappointed with Slash SOD solo. Unfortunately Slash is the weakest link at the moment in some songs.

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Another show that gets a bad review from local media.

https://1gr.cz/fotky/idnes/22/062/cl8h/TS943145_PhotoJun1815948AM.jpg

https://www.idnes.cz/kultura/hudba/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-slash-koncert-letnany.A220618_225117_hudba_jgo

(I used google translate for this)

REVIEWS: The Guns N’ Roses concert dragged the bottom of the falsely whining Axl

Going to a Guns N' Roses concert is like a lottery bet. You can rely on instrumental performances, but when it comes to the voice condition of frontman Axl Rose, we can only be surprised how he will do.

And it didn't work out in Letňany. Rumors of Axl's poor form had been going on for some time before the Prague concert, accompanied by recordings of performances at the Rock Sweden festival, in which Axl's desperate attempt at singing provoked an incredulous shaking of his head at best.

In Prague it was wall to wall. At times, Rose's singing was perfectly fine, at times his ears ached and he looked forward to being overwhelmed by the guitar solo. Or keyboard, bass, whatever. Just to stop the suffering. "I wanna hear you scream!" Axl shouted at Welcome To The Jungle. "We wanna hear you singing!" He called in response. Because this is exactly the stone he plowed almost exemplary.

What is true is that the duo duo Slash and Richard Fortus acted absolutely sovereignly, that Duff McKagan once again proved to be a great bass player, whose relaxed yet emphatic playing, in favor of the overall sound, forms an essential part of the unmistakable sound of Guns N’ Roses. Drummer Frank Ferrer, the reliably working keyboard section Dizzy Reed (the Prague concert fell on his birthday) and Melissa Reese also tried.

All their skill and effort was to culminate the moment the frontman grabs the microphone and spins his second-famous vocal circular saw. But there was little left of her. Here and there, Axl screamed as he had before, but more often he stumbled in an effort to at least consistently intonate, and he was often completely false and out.

Perhaps the worst was the songs from the (?) Last album Chinese Democracy. The title bar just whizzed around, Better Axl walled up completely, and Street Of Dreams didn't turn out much better. It was touching to watch the singer be out and Duff McKagan and Melissa Reese doing their best vocals to make sure it wasn't a complete fiasco.

One well-sung song - Dylan's Knockin 'On Heaven's Door - turned out quite acceptably - had two setbacks: Sweet Child O'Mine or November Rain, in which the vocals dropped out in places.

This has long been part of the Guns N’ Roses concert. As well as the fact that the performance, thanks to frequent several-minute breaks between songs, doesn't go down much. The fact that the band somehow doesn't deal much with the creation of new material, is confused about a possible new record and relies entirely on nostalgia after the times when the opulent two-album set Use Your Illusion reigned supreme for the charts.

On the other hand, the songs from him, and of course from his debut Appetite For Destruction, are so strong that you just like to succumb to them again, even though you prefer to play a studio vocal line in your head instead of the principal's desperate whining. And that even the devout Chinese Democracy brought some really strong songs that don't have to worry about the notorious and many times played hits.

Being a Guns N’ Roses fan is a full-time chore. One has to clarify a lot of things, regret a lot and tolerate a lot to enjoy the rock circus one hundred percent. In the end, the most pleasant finding for a person who likes to listen to them but doesn't live in a band from morning till night was that the concert started for a minute precisely and there was no tiring waiting for the master to finally get down to the plebs.

https://1gr.cz/fotky/idnes/22/062/cl8h/TS943146_PhotoJun1820136AM.jpg

Don't take this medium seriously, please. If you wanna see a pro review, read this:

https://www.novinky.cz/kultura/clanek/recenze-guns-nroses-jsou-v-dobre-kondici-prestali-se-ale-vyvijet-40400542

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Don't take this medium seriously, please. If you wanna see a pro review, read this:

https://www.novinky.cz/kultura/clanek/recenze-guns-nroses-jsou-v-dobre-kondici-prestali-se-ale-vyvijet-40400542

I noticed in the Swedish show thread people also said not to take the bad reviews seriously... :shrugs:

I'll translate the one you posted in a bit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I noticed in the Swedish show thread people also said not to take the bad reviews seriously... :shrugs:

I'll translate the one you posted in a bit.

Btw I think Deepl.com is a better translator than Google, but maybe see for yourself, some may prefer Google.