06/18/22 - Prague, CZ - Letnany Airport

alfierose

39 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I've never really understood this way of thinking, that the Appetite guys will always be better no matter what they do just because of who they are. I think it made me root for the CD-era members all the more.  

the 'Appetite guys' aka the Gn'R guys, will always be better at being Gn'R compared to anyone who doesn't have those qualities as a person and musician. It's not something that goes away, cause those guys are like the chef who created the recipe.

Doesn't mean that if they got together now and recorded a brand new album and toured it that it would be as good as the AFD days or would even be as good as Chinese was, but it would probably naturally be more Gn'R cause of the AFD five are still active/can still write a song and a lot of fans mostly or only liked the style that the classic lineup is responsible for. 

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I don’t really care, to be honest. He likes to improvise, and it’s not like we’re talking about Sweet Child here. If they play it again in Poland, he might take a whole different approach for all we know. I perceive the improvisation to be meant for those people there – it’s not like they’re recording it on a DVD or something. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jaygnr said:

Anyone else worried by the body language on SOD by Slash ans Duff...this whole thing coming to an end after this tour maybe? 

Or am i reading too much into 1 performance

I think everything is fine and I suspect there will be more tours if everything continues to go smoothly between Axl, Slash, and Duff. My guess is Slash and Duff are less into slower tunes or maybe just not into this one, it's possible, but yeah probably reading too much into just one performance imo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jaygnr said:

Anyone else worried by the body language on SOD by Slash ans Duff...this whole thing coming to an end after this tour maybe? 

Gotta say that I got similar vibes during the Sweden gig I attended, but then again that was a shitshow so that could’ve been the reason there!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jaygnr said:

Try watching first performances of TWAT,  Prostutute or other chinese songs. They were quite similiar.

Axl is on the verge of fucking it up big time all the time, but somehow manages to stay on the line at the very last milisecond vocally, this is just because his body is on form, he'll get a lot better imo. he started well in lisbon and got better day by day.

On 6/18/2022 at 6:02 AM, Towelie said:

Can't we get someone to break Fortus's arm so we can get Bucket or Ron onstage with Slash for TWAT or Shacklers?

To be fair after that first Street of Dreams. I would break Slash's arm for another Ron or Bucket's performance.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Jaygnr said:

Not coming to an end anytime soon.

They were concentrating on a new song in the set that's a little bit trickier than your average Welcome to the jungle.

Slash obviously spent all his time learning the chords because he definitely didn't listen to one note of the solo, or even attempt to play something's nice over the changes like fall to pieces or last fight etc. SOD is a great solo whether you Slash fanboys want to admit it or not... And btw I'm a slash fanboy too but I can also like other guitarists in gnr. Slash is always going to be king shit when it comes to gnr but that doesn't mean he always plays the better part than the previous players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Let me put it this way. Let's say I sing better than Axl, you want to see him or me on vocals at a GNR show?

The Appetite guys will always be the best in GNR because they created GNR and wrote the songs.

Yeah, I dont disagree with you. 

Slash can play all of his solos from AfD/UYI while Richard can play all of the CD solos. Win - Win situation. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

He’s not ruining it. He’s adding his own style to it. Same thing the other guitarists did on all of the old material from 99-2014

Dude you're giving Slash to little credit, we know what this guy is capable, and 5his just wasn't it, no emotion, no melody, no nothing just random noodling for the sake of noodling. Made me miss Ron and Bucket.

2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I can't imagine how Richard must feel. If it wasn't for him, the band would have no proper guitarist anymore.

I dont know if he feels anything about that. He does his job and loves playing those songs. Anything else is not his business.