07/05/22 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green. To be rescheduled.

alfierose

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I’d rather wait until Axl was fit and healthy to do the gig - even if it takes a year - than a replacement singer. Absolutely zero interest in that.

Me too. I waited 4 years for the concert and it paid off. When your time comes, you will lose your pants with excitement. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Politania said:

Me too. I waited 4 years for the concert and it paid off. When your time comes, you will lose your pants with excitement. :D

🤣

To be fair - I did get to see them in London 2017 so I HAVE seen them so haven’t missed out in that sense….just with them being here in Scotland it would have been that bit more special. Will just need to wait a bit more. 🤣

11 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

🤣

To be fair - I did get to see them in London 2017 so I HAVE seen them so haven’t missed out in that sense….just with them being here in Scotland it would have been that bit more special. Will just need to wait a bit more. 🤣

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

If one dogmatic, self assured spoiled kind of a person would put his ass together and do the right job which is to practice and rehearse like the rest of the band members then no one would have to go through a drama like this.

People say "Oh Axl, get well, health above all" I'm sorry but I'm not sorry for him. He knew he's going to perform in front of 50k crowd every second night and he didn't prepare. He had plenty of time. Have some respect for fans at least.

I've seen very simple people from not very high-income parts of society saving their hard earned cash, taking unpaid leaves just to see GNR. For whom we should feel sorry? Them or Axl?

Maybe it's a big lesson for working people as well. Don't waste your money and time. 80s and 90s GNR is dead. Instead go see true legit bands who gives their best on stage. Have you seen what Rammstein and Metallica are doing?

I bought tickets a year in advance for Godsmack/Halestorm/Theory of a Deadman/Dirty Honey at Prudential Center in NJ 2019. The concert was for 2020. The concert got postponed twice. When the date was announced for the show during the second postponement, it was for April 2022. My childhood friend and I decided to get a refund because he was bring his son and the concert was on a school night. We decided that we would get a refund and see if the date would work out when the concert got closer. 

In January 2022, Godsmack announced that Halestorm would no  longer tour with them. They announced a different lineup for the show. All of the previous bands were not performing.  People complained about it. The way I see it is they had the opportunity to get refunds and chose not to. They took a risk and it didn't work out. Things happen that sometimes goes beyond control.  It is what it is sometimes. Things can change. This is why I would not travel to see GNR. You really don't know what can happen  6 months to a year prior to a concert.  People need to accept the responsibility for themselves and also realize that things can change. There's risk involved. 

Edited by Draguns
typo
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, El Nono Pololo said:

I don't know... I hear Brian Johnson is free at the moment

I’d like to hear a few tunes with him - a full concert? Hell no - GNR stuff is way more taxing and complicated vocally than what Brian can do (which isn’t a dig at him because what Brian can do is a special style all in itself).

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I bought tickets a year in advance for Godsmack/Halestorm/Theory of a Deadman/Dirty Honey at Prudential Center in NJ 2019. The concert was for 2020. The concert got postponed twice. When the date was announced for the show during the second postponement, it was for April 2022. My childhood friend and I decided to get a refund because he was bring his son and the concert was on a school night. We decided that we would get a refund and see if the date would work out when the concert got closer. 

In January 2022, Godsmack announced that Halestorm would no  longer tour with them. They announced a different lineup for the show. All of the previous bands were not performing.  People complained about it. The way I see it is they had the opportunity to get refunds and chose not to. They took a risk and it didn't work out. Things happen that sometimes goes beyond control.  It is what it is sometimes. Things can change. This is why I would not travel to see GNR. You really don't know what can happen  6 months to a year prior to a concert.  People need to accept the responsibility for themselves and also realize that things can change. There's risk involved. 

I couldn't agree more with your pragmatic thinking and what you said. However my point about concert goers was not really about those who travel, but the local ones. As someone here mentioned, the one that travels should plan to do other fun things as well once he's in the destination city/country.

2 hours ago, vloors said:

Would you accept Steven Tyler to finish the shows? Would be interesting for me.

Would give Axl plenty of time to rest, get surgery if needed and build his voice back up.

Considering that Steven Tyler is in a drug rehab, and had to cancel the Aerosmith tour because of it, he probably wouldn't be a good choice....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vloors said:

Would you accept Steven Tyler to finish the shows? Would be interesting for me.

From a vocal point that would be freaking awesome.

But apart from the mentioned rehab thing, as much as I love Steven: no.

Because Steven Tyler can't even remember lyrics to Aerosmith songs that he has sung at every show for the past 40 years, how the hell is he going to do a 9-minute Estranged?

By the way, there is a video of Aerosmith playing Jungle with Slash. And, you guessed it, apart from the beginning "Welcome to the jungle ...", he just makes up his own lyrics lol

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Bluefish18 said:

Considering that Steven Tyler is in a drug rehab, and had to cancel the Aerosmith tour because of it, he probably wouldn't be a good choice....

Plus even before that, they cancelled their European tour because of covid, supposedly, only to announce a Vegas residency a bit later. He had obviously no interest in coming to Europe, even before the rehab thing.

1 hour ago, wyldie1978 said:

May have missed it but I am shocked to walk around Glasgow and not see one poster or billboard advertising the gig? I would have thought it wud be plastered all over.... not even a mention near the Green itself...

I think they stopped doing that a while ago.... with the exception of festivals where they put the full band list

2 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I couldn't agree more with your pragmatic thinking and what you said. However my point about concert goers was not really about those who travel, but the local ones. As someone here mentioned, the one that travels should plan to do other fun things as well once he's in the destination city/country.

I hear what you saying. In response to that, I live about 30 minutes away from the Prudential Center. My childhood friend lives close as well.  I consider us both locals. Both of us wanted to go to the Godsmack/Halestorm co-headlining show. I would have had to take 2 days off for it.  His son would have had to miss school  and possibly a test.  We both decided it wasn't worth it given the night it was  rescheduled for. We made a good call since Godsmack was the only band that was part of the lineup originally announced. You have to realize what it is going on in your own life before thinking about going to a concert, sporting event, etc. It's hard to predict but you have to do your own risk analysis.  

43 minutes ago, Alexpro said:

I think they stopped doing that a while ago.... with the exception of festivals where they put the full band list

Maybe but I've walked around today and I've seen posters for Rose Tattoo, Shinedown, Marc Almond, Fozzy etc....maybe I'm old school but I'd like to have seen posters all over, billboards etc