07/31/21 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

Powerage5

2 minutes ago, Nesret said:

I wonder so much what Axl himself thinks of his voice and performances, I'd really really like to know.

What happens after the shows. Are people running up to him saying "Damn Axl, that was pure FIRE"? Does he get pats on the back, a "good job" and that's it? Do the bandmembers say anything at all about it? Do they adress the issue when talking in private? Does he himself maybe even make jokes about his performance after the show? Or is everybody just quiet... in a "Emperor has no clothes" style. It just boggles my fucking mind how this massive elephant in the room isn't adressed more in the public apart from fan-forums and some YT-video-comments. When you read reviews of shows like Hersheypark, you really start to wonder what these people have at the spots where the ears should be.

Since Axl seems to be very insecure about himself, i think he knows he doesnt sound very good. (Fernando confirmed in a chat that Axls knows he sounds like mickey). But i think he has a lot of people telling him how great he is. But i think he knows best what's what,

41 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It's like we've been here before so I'm not convinced Axl is incapable of still delivering great shows based on 1 bad night at a start of a tour.

Give me a break one bad night? He's been doing this for years. I'm still waiting on one great night.

I'm not saying he isn't capable, I just don't think he's bothered. Like I said he will improve... but if you think greatness is ahead and you've been around here for a few years I honestly don't what to say. Fire ahead and enjoy it, I just don't see an improvement happening that I'd consider an improvement. By that his voice needs to be recognizable, he should also be able to sing his biggest hits. See you in 3 shows😃

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Give me a break one bad night? He's been doing this for years. I'm still waiting on one great night.

I'm not saying he isn't capable, I just don't think he's bothered. Like I said he will improve... but if you think greatness is ahead and you've been around here for a few years I honestly don't what to say. Fire ahead and enjoy it, I just don't see an improvement happening that I'd consider an improvement. By that his voice needs to be recognizable, he should also be able to sing his biggest hits. See you in 3 shows😃

I think it's possible that in some point on this part of the tour and next year we'll get some great performances from Axl despite this weak show. Honestly, I don't get why you continue to bring up shit I didn't even talk about like if Axl cares or what he should do.

I think it only gets harder to deliver as one gets older, but my guess is that in Axl's case it's more a matter of gaining momentum after 5, 10, 15 shows, whatever it is, idk and then you get some pretty good to great performances with more consistency. 2016/17 wasn't too long ago so I don't know that we're at the point where Axl is already incapable of doing it. time will tell.

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2021 at 5:23 PM, zigzagbigbag said:

I still don’t get the whole Hardschool thing. 

Its a 20 year old song which hasn’t to do ANYTHING with the current incarnation of GNR. Just because its the only full unreleased song you have on your harddrive does not mean that it has any meaning to those guys who are hitting the stage tonight. Its just a shitty leftover from Axls former new Guns. Why on earth would Slash and Duff should play such a song, especially rather than any other new material they have created within the last four years?!

Seriously,I totally get why GNR are making fun and taking the piss on you guys who are screaming „Hardschool“ all the time. 

this.. I could care less about that stupid song..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

I think it's possible that in some point on this part of the tour and next year we'll get some great performances from Axl despite this weak show. Honestly, I don't get why you continue to bring up shit I didn't even talk about like if Axl cares or what he should do.

I think it only gets harder to deliver as one gets older, but my guess is that in Axl's case it's more a matter of gaining momentum after 5, 10, 15 shows, whatever it is, idk and then you get some pretty good to great performances with more consistency. 2016/17 wasn't too long ago so I don't know that we're at the point where Axl is already incapable of doing it. time will tell.

Not saying incapable. Are you saying you are OK with axl needing 5, 10 or 15 shows to "warm up". I mean that is exceptionally crazy talk, you might want to drop your CV to TB enterprises😛

Anyway, it is what it is! I'm more than happy to be wrong so time will tell.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Are you saying you are OK with axl needing 5, 10 or 15 shows to "warm up".

no. I'm saying that's how it's been for years now and that Axl's days as a great vocalist are not behind him imo. What is the point of making suggestion lists if we know how he operates? I think you mistake my perception of it as some sort of approval. I just don't think this show was an indication of how it's always going to be from now on.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Based on videos, I thought that was the best tone slash has had since rejoining Guns. Maybe I’m wrong here but he sounded a lot better than before, which was still great. Maybe it was the tempo change? 

I will agree with that.  At first I saw the setlist and and watched a few clips and was like WTF??

If there was a silver lining it was that I liked Slash's tone and the tempo was noticeably better on a lot of songs. November Rain for one. It seems as though they may have dropped the pyro and click track which is a great thing. 

Axl was brutal and I just hope he is better tonight. He had to just straight up skip lines and words which I really don't ever recall him doing.  

For the amount of money they charge, I enjoy the 3 hours shows and it was a bummer to see a shorter version of almost the exact setlist. The band should have rented an arena for a week and just played the shit out of all their songs (with Axl) 

Would have liked to see Locomotive, Shadow, Think About You and Out Ta Get Me.. The only songs they played last night that I haven't see during the reunion were Dead Horse, Slither, You're Crazy and I'm Gonna Be Your Dog..  Hopefully they at least play those tonight.

I know Axl is generally pretty bad the first show..  Does he ever improve by the second one?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Based on videos, I thought that was the best tone slash has had since rejoining Guns. Maybe I’m wrong here but he sounded a lot better than before, which was still great. Maybe it was the tempo change? Even Frank seemed a bit better

don't  know, i wasn't  happy with the show overall ( worst gnr show i have seen) plus i had problems with the live instagram stream all night.

What happened with Adam Day?

Edited by felixGNR

This show was it. If it wasn’t over before, it’s over now. His voice is completely shot, he sounds like someone doing bad GNR karaoke. I am genuinely surprised that rock media isn’t talking about this, he sounds embarrassing. It’s at a point where it’s just distasteful for him  to continue touring.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I will agree with that.  At first I saw the setlist and and watched a few clips and was like WTF??

If there was a silver lining it was that I liked Slash's tone and the tempo was noticeably better on a lot of songs. November Rain for one. It seems as though they may have dropped the pyro and click track which is a great thing. 

Axl was brutal and I just hope he is better tonight. He had to just straight up skip lines and words which I really don't ever recall him doing.  

For the amount of money they charge, I enjoy the 3 hours shows and it was a bummer to see a shorter version of almost the exact setlist. The band should have rented an arena for a week and just played the shit out of all their songs (with Axl) 

Would have liked to see Locomotive, Shadow, Think About You and Out Ta Get Me.. The only songs they played last night that I haven't see during the reunion were Dead Horse, Slither, You're Crazy and I'm Gonna Be Your Dog..  Hopefully they at least play those tonight.

I know Axl is generally pretty bad the first show..  Does he ever improve by the second one?

you don't  like Pyro?  i mean i dislike Kiss style pyro, but i saw nothing wrong with the way gnr used to do it.

• Like 1

Just now, felixGNR said:

you don't  like Pyro?  i mean i dislike Kiss style pyro, but i saw nothing wrong with the way gnr used to do it.

I never thought it fit in with their shows. It also requires a click track which I think has a negative effect on the tempo of the band.. 

20 minutes ago, Rovim said:

no. I'm saying that's how it's been for years now and that Axl's days as a great vocalist are not behind him imo. What is the point of making suggestion lists if we know how he operates? I think you mistake my perception of it as some sort of approval. I just don't think this show was an indication of how it's always going to be from now on.

Ah well as long as you're not approving it, then there's no harm! I just can't stand the other type of fan that refuses to hear the glaring negatives. 

Like we both said he improves as the tour goes on. I'm just vehemently opposed to that work style. This is his shtick though, we all know the routine unfortunately! Hopefully he gets his shit together fir everyone attending the next gig!

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I never thought it fit in with their shows. It also requires a click track which I think has a negative effect on the tempo of the band.. 

True,  few lights/lasers A bit of fire during live and let die and the sparklers during NR. Besides that the pyros seem to always be slightly off their cue so scrap 'em! 

I don't like Coldplay but their show looks a million times more impressive and it's all just a light show 

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

I think we can all agree that we hope to hell that tonight’s gig is an improvement….if it’s as bad then…..😬

I have tickets for next year and will go regardless as you wouldn’t bet against it being the last time they ever come to Scotland. I’m just hoping by then the right setlist decisions have been made.

I’m going to Glasgow as well and it’ll be my first time seeing them as I wasn’t a nu guns fan and I said I would only see them if slash came back. So I’m just going to enjoy seeing my favourite band play songs I enjoy listening to. The good thing is Glasgow is nearer the end of the European leg so there’s a better chance we might see Axl sing as good as he’s going to be on that leg of the tour. 

17 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

If it wasn’t over before, it’s over now. His voice is completely shot, he sounds like someone doing bad GNR karaoke. 

I've thought and said that for years. I still think he's the best frontman ever though. 

• GNFNR 1