07/31/21 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

Powerage5

5 minutes ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

I mean, even Oh My God would work. I know people dont want to hear that song or other CD songs but to change up the setlist, it would work for me. On Better melissa was the bright star. 

Melissa is a great singer, i don't know why they don't give her more space.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

WTTJ sounded pretty good in the soundcheck video but awful in the show.

That's because they probably soundchecked with pre-recorded vocals or has anyone heard Axl talk during soundcheck? No way he did THAT soundcheck and sounded like THIS the next day. Either he's too sick to sing, has burned himself out in the studio or did not prepare at all. Maybe even a combination of all that. Unless you done a shitload of drugs/medication just prior to the show, no way in hell is anyone gonna have that drastic a change of voice in just 24 hours,

Edited by adamsapple

On 7/31/2021 at 12:07 AM, jafeijo said:

The demo had already great potential and Slash delivered such a classic GNR vibe. It made me believe that there's at least some work in progress in terms of new material since it's the first concrete proof we have. Loved that they removed the unnecessary intro/outro parts from the leak and added a very nice slow section that kind of reminded me of Estranged.

Man, what a strange feeling it is to listen some creative work from Guns nowadays.

Realistic setlist for his voice:

Part 1

1.Easy 2.Brownstone 3.Chinese 4.Band Jam 5.Jungle 6.Double Talkin 7.Shadow 8.Pretty Tied Up 9.Bad Obsession 10.So Fine (No Axl) 

Part 2 (acoustic interlude, like Skin N Bones)

11.You Aint the First 12.Used to Love Her 13.You’re Crazy 14.Patience

Part 3

15.Down on the Farm 16.Black Leather 17.Sorry 18.Slash Solo 19.Sweet Child 20.November Rain 21.Heaven’s Door 22.Nightrain

ENCORE

23.Paradise City

EDIT: I guess you can still squeeze LALD in there somewhere too. Maybe after Shadow.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

That's because they probably soundchecked with pre-recorded vocals or has anyone heard Axl talk during soundcheck? No way he did THAT soundcheck and sounded like THIS the next day. Either he's too sick to sing, has burned himself out in the studio or did not prepare at all. Maybe even a combination of all that. Unless you done a shitload of drugs/medication just prior to the show, no way in hell is anyone gonna have that drastic a change of voice in just 24 hours,

Why in the world Axl would have pre-recorded vocals with clean voice?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I wonder if Axl had some kind of bug for the show?  The clips I watched he was MUCH worse than the clips from the soundchecks.  It makes no sense.  WTTJ sounded pretty good in the soundcheck video but awful in the show.

The dude cannot be sick in every bloody show. His been in decline since 2017. Has he been sick since then? lol

The 2017 show that I was at on my birthday in Hershey was awesome but this show I was at on Saturday was not up to par   GnR is my fave band and I will always support them but this show was rough I know Axl is close to 60 and can’t sing like he did 30 years ago except for his deep voice and the occasional rasp on some songs. The first 5 songs were great and civil war and heavens door were great as well but it’s time for them to drop Better and You could be mine he can’t sing them anymore and maybe should use his lower register on November Rain. I really hope they get better the rest of the tour I’d hate to see them go out this way. We still had a good time just wish for my probably last concert it would have been better and also was hoping to hear hard skool. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Agreed with the studio part and the aussie tour part... Getting to close and still too many cases all over the country.. Plus the incoming people daily being let back in contagious is disgusting...

Pretty crazy how things are now and everyone thought we were in the clear just a little while ago. 
It was only in May that I was at a music festival in Sydney with 9999 other people and now this shit.

• Wow 1

Axl always sounds like shit at the first show back, but that shouldn't be an excuse, because people are paying hard-earned money for something that should be passable. I think he did well on a few songs at Hershey, but there is no denying how unprofessional the entire thing was. Rehearsals and soundchecks are there for a reason, and it's ridiculous that the band and its management treat live shows as if it was a first go. People should get their money back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vloors said:

The dude cannot be sick in every bloody show. His been in decline since 2017. Has he been sick since then? lol

No.  There are obvious issues but it doesn't make sense that he sounded pretty good in a soundcheck and then the next day sounded absolutely awful on the same songs.

40 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Other than Axl, what were the rest of the band like? 

I've zero intention of watching some crappy footage from it, especially now, but for those who have, how were they? 

Based on videos, I thought that was the best tone slash has had since rejoining Guns. Maybe I’m wrong here but he sounded a lot better than before, which was still great. Maybe it was the tempo change? Even Frank seemed a bit better

• Like 4

Well like the song says “the only way is up” and it seems that Axl along with some technical difficulties( I should have said nothing a few days ago) was first show of a tour bad + something else. I still have tickets for next June here in Ireland but it’s not sounding great. Hopefully this is just the result of the longer lay off. The next couple of shows will need to improve though and whether technical issues will be sorted. It’s either axl doesn’t want to rehearse regularly or it’s that he can’t. 

3 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

No.  There are obvious issues but it doesn't make sense that he sounded pretty good in a soundcheck and then the next day sounded absolutely awful on the same songs.

Soundcheck if he does turn up he half asses singing a couple of songs. At a concert however his trying to perform 20+ songs for over 2 hours in different registers. A whole different challenge to sound good through.

He did sound ok for the first couple of songs at Hershey but obviously did not have the capacity to keep it going for a long period. 

11 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Based on videos, I thought that was the best tone slash has had since rejoining Guns. Maybe I’m wrong here but he sounded a lot better than before, which was still great. Maybe it was the tempo change? Even Frank seemed a bit better

I who normally criticise Frank have to agree he sounded much better at Hershey

• Like 1

Just now, vloors said:

I who normally criticise Frank have to agree he sounded much better at Hershey

Seem here. As a drummer I notice a lot of things he does and compare them too easily to past drummers in the band but I was pleasantly surprised. My biggest gripe now is that his drum sounds just don’t fit the band. The snare sound is extremely off from what other snare sounds drummers in GnR had and it’s a notice or difference especially on songs like PC. He certainly was a pleasant surprise tho

I think we can all agree that we hope to hell that tonight’s gig is an improvement….if it’s as bad then…..😬

I have tickets for next year and will go regardless as you wouldn’t bet against it being the last time they ever come to Scotland. I’m just hoping by then the right setlist decisions have been made.