Hard Skool is coming!

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, it was at China Exchange. He said (paraphrasing) when asked about his bucket list, "I want to release another GnR album... but, like I said long ago, I don't know if soon is the word."

Good. Well, this time, soon probably was the word, if we believe that post (I say why not). So here's to hoping. 

• ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Good. Well, this time, soon probably was the word, if we believe that post (I say why not). So here's to hoping. 

End of the month🤞

Hope they make a proper video with the band and not some weird animation video... I know I'm getting way ahead of myself!

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

End of the month🤞

Hope they make a proper video with the band and not some weird animation video... I know I'm getting way ahead of myself!

All they have to do is patch together a few of those snippets. My teenage cousin could handle that in half an hour. And voila, a basic video that people would appreciate. So yeah, I hope they'll come up with something proper already. 

Edited by jamillos

1 minute ago, GNFNRUK said:

I have no doubts the picture is real and she met Axl but I’m wondering if someone else has added that text to the picture?? The text regarding him playing her HARDSKOOL…

Nah the text was in her original (now deleted) post. It’s real.

If my theory is real that HardSkool is tied to a UYI box (as random as that would be), maybe they originally intended for the box to come out on the actual 30th anniversary date, but delayed it be a few months to avoid competition with Metallica?

Edited by rocknroll41

15 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Why are people spelling it Hard Skool? It isn't even printed like that on the Village sessions CD.

HARDSCHOOL

Not only will it be spelled Hardskool on the official release, it will also have a backwards R. That’s a new GNR thing to show they’re still down with the kids.

Edited by GNFNRUK
  • ABSUЯD 4

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Nah the text was in her original (now deleted) post. It’s real.

If my theory is real that HardSkool is tied to a UYI box (as random as that would be), maybe they originally intended for the box to come out on the actual 30th anniversary date, but delayed it be a few months to avoid competition with Metallica?

Thanks for confirmation regarding the text in the picture.

I presented the theory of Absurd being linked to the upcoming UYI box on here and Reddit too but was completely shot down. People are saying it won’t happen because it’s not a UYI era recording and wouldn’t make sense. 

Things with this band rarely do make sense though and I wouldn’t put it past GNR to use Absurd and Hardskool as ‘new exclusive songs’ to promote the UYI release and to tempt more fans to spend money on it. 

The text and font used on the Absurd single cover also points to it being linked to UYI. The bands reasoning to include it on a UYI set will probably just be “it’s got Duff and Slash on it”.

Edited by GNFNRUK
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’s kinda cool to see this song getting almost mythical status now. Hopefully the general public likes it once they finally hear it.

I was thinking if there is something meaningful with this? Promotion perhaps?

I would not use these forums as a source after all those previously mentioned fake press releases, Monstrocity etc etc stuff :D:D

• Haha 2