Hard Skool is coming!

6 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Why are people spelling it Hard Skool? It isn't even printed like that on the Village sessions CD.

HARDSCHOOL

Those fucking things are also 21 years old. The official GNR backdrop video during soundcheck has it spelled as Skool

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Does anyone wonder if the leaks prompted Hard School to be done early? I mean, no one had heard of this song besides the 15 second leak. Was it actually being worked on since 99, or did the leaks encourage the band to dust it off or something?

This is the big question. I definitely think leaks had something to do with it but if there’s an actual new album then it was probably already on the docket. Original I thought it was 100% because of the leaks but Absurd kind of changed that. 

Plus we knew Slash was recording guitars at Axl’s prior to the leaks. If I had to guess, I’d say HS and Absurd were always going to be on it but were picked as early releases due to leaks

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

They’re saying on discord that the original post has been deleted and the girl has now made her social media private.

She probably read some choice comments from earlier in this thread and decided to stay the hell away from GNR fans :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

This makes sense moreso than releasing a song at the end of the tour  with nothing to promote. 

Especially considering Slash is scheduled to release a new single next month for his upcoming solo album with Myles and company. Then again it is GNR so who the hell knows at the end of the day. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Those fucking things are also 21 years old. The official GNR backdrop video during soundcheck has it spelled as Skool

4 hours ago, GS67 said:

Cause GNR had it spelled like that on the alt set list 

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Because the spelling changed, duh

You mean the setlist with "U Could Be Mine" (plus other simplifications in the past)? :D

• Haha 1

From someone who apparently knows the girl:

He had Fernando play her the studio recording. She told me the full story right after it happened when she was literally still shaking

Apparently she deleted the post bc some assholes were being rude to her.

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1