Hard Skool is coming!

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I quite liked it, it's about a million times better than the last last Slash record and 2 million times better than Alter Bridge

The One You Loved Is Gone is a great song (especially the ending). Serve You Right is another good one. The album has it’s moments but yeah a little stale in general. Mostly due to Myles in my opinion. The guy can be really good or just kinda bland IMO. Not a lot of middle ground. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'd be Axl's wingman. 

He doesn't need a wingman.

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Where is it confirmed that SMKC are dropping a single this year? All we know about smkc4 is that it’s due out “early next year” which can mean any time between January and June.

Slash did an interview a couple days ago, I see @Blackstarposted the link already. I don't think SMKC record would compete with a GnR one, SMKC has a pretty loyal fanbase.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’d imagine Axl wouldn’t have talked about it or played it to her if the release wasn’t eminent. He knows something like this is likely to happen. I view him playing it like a “why the fuck not?” type of deal. 

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I'm sure if they really wanted to keep it a secret, Axl wouldn't have made Fernando play the song for a stranger. 

They probably figured that word was going to get out as soon as she posted about it so yes I agree that it's probably coming "sooner than soon." And if not then it doesn't matter because we know that the song exists already.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

It’s bizarre people are trying to CSI this as to “he wore that shirt on this day” “was this taken last night”.  I mean, we know they sound checked Hardschool, we’ve seen it on the set list..:so how hard is it to believe a fan met Axl and he said it’s the next song to come out and soon. We already knew this for the most part 

Ι don't doubt she met him. I mean, we saw these pictures. Still, it's all but save that Axl talked to her about new music and Fernando or whoever even let her listen to the song.

You mentioned good points why it's easy to come up with these assumptions. It's not like it's something none of us have thought about it before. It's pretty much the most logical thing to happen actually. 

I don't say she's lying, but even if they release HS this week it's not the proof she told the truth.

5 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

I heard it will be UYI3 just because friday is the 30th anniversary

I hadn't heard that yet, but honestly, that would be fucking wild and mind blowing.

I also think it's far too interesting an idea for them to ever actually attempt...And that's assuming we get an album...at all. :lol:

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Any other GNR sleuths consider that the album itself may be titled "Hard Skool"? :wow:

Based on how they spell things these days, I think it will be called SE7EN since it will be the 7th studio album. (CD haters will say it's the 6th GN'R album, of course, which is funny considering the next album will more or less be a slightly re-worked CD2)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Ι don't doubt she met him. I mean, we saw these pictures. Still, it's all but save that Axl talked to her about new music and Fernando or whoever even let her listen to the song.

You mentioned good points why it's easy to come up with these assumptions. It's not like it's something none of us have thought about it before. It's pretty much the most logical thing to happen actually. 

I don't say she's lying, but even if they release HS this week it's not the proof she told the truth.

Axl always has unreleased songs with him and if he enjoys your company, he may make you listen to some stuff. You don't have to be a woman necessarily. In some very rare cases, he can even give you some songs on mp3. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. He's a very generous man.

I don't doubt this girl's story one bit, typical Axl hehe

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

6 minutes ago, D.. said:

Axl always has unreleased songs with him and if he enjoys your company, he may make you listen to some stuff. You don't have to be a woman necessarily. In some very rare cases, he can even give you some songs on mp3. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. He's a very generous man.

I don't doubt this girl's story one bit, typical Axl hehe

Why should it sound crazy? Axl, like no other, is famous for sharing unreleased music with his fans :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GNFNRUK said:

Thanks for confirmation regarding the text in the picture.

I presented the theory of Absurd being linked to the upcoming UYI box on here and Reddit too but was completely shot down. People are saying it won’t happen because it’s not a UYI era recording and wouldn’t make sense. 

Things with this band rarely do make sense though and I wouldn’t put it past GNR to use Absurd and Hardskool as ‘new exclusive songs’ to promote the UYI release and to tempt more fans to spend money on it. 

The text and font used on the Absurd single cover also points to it being linked to UYI. The bands reasoning to include it on a UYI set will probably just be “it’s got Duff and Slash on it”.

The font on Absurd isn’t just UYI though….it’s used on AFD and other stuff too.

• Like 2