AXL releases statement about being ill in Chicago during show

We have come a long way from the Axl who would routinely show up late and find moments to leave early lol.   I am sometimes critical of Axl's vocal performance but I must admit that he is more professional than he ever was

To go from the dude who you wouldn't even know would play the whole gig or show up within 3 hours of the start time, to go to the dude who starts on time and posts on social media when they are sick, is a monumental difference

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

Axls a professional. He definitely sounded off at points but it was still a damn good performance. I thought Rocket Queen, LALD and Nightrain sounded really good for current Axl. The only time i even noticed something was Better, which was pretty rough, and I assume what Axl was thinking of when he says his vocals were off?

Someone has to ask the stupid question, I suppose, so why not let it be me. Since I’m not too involved in the social media madness (I do have a FB account, ok?), my question is: why Instagram? I thought it was for photos. Why didn’t he put it on Twitter, like he’d normally do?
No big deal, but I have a hangover, and sometimes these are the questions that you ask instead of pondering about life, the universe and everything.
Thank you for your attention. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Someone has to ask the stupid question, I suppose, so why not let it be me. Since I’m not too involved in the social media madness (I do have a FB account, ok?), my question is: why Instagram? I thought it was for photos. Why didn’t he put it on Twitter, like he’d normally do?
No big deal, but I have a hangover, and sometimes these are the questions that you ask instead of pondering about life, the universe and everything.

It was originally posted on the band's Twitter account, but also shared on Instagram

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Why didn’t he put it on Twitter, like he’d normally do?

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

It was originally posted on the band's Twitter account, but also shared on Instagram

Well, they have 6+ millions followers on twitter and 5+ on Instagram. That's a lot and probably many of them have instagram and not twitter and vice versa, so it was just a matter of reaching out to as many fans as possible. I, for one, very rarely use twitter and I saw it on IG. Had they put it only on twitter, I would have read it on this forum before seeing it directly from them.

Edited by Twinaleblood
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

I can only see this on GNR's Twitter page, not on Instagram or Facebook.

Weird that he didn't post it on his personal Twitter account.

11 hours ago, cineater said:

I wasn't picking up on Axl.  I never would have guessed he was sick.  It was the vibe coming off the band, something was off.  Axl pulled his part off so why is he apologizing?  They've had bad shows and this wasn't one of them.

I understand, is like you got the feeling something has happened to them. Good  eyes to see it .

14 minutes ago, Jwalker19 said:

I'm sorry, but I find it so comical that some fans read this statement and immediately went back to the mindset of, "Oh, clearly Hard Skool was definitely supposed to be played that night, but wasn't because of this." Just stop, people. 😂

Yup. There’s been a million and one perfect opportunities to play and/or release it. They clearly don’t want to.

On 9/18/2021 at 6:09 PM, Jwalker19 said:

I'm sorry, but I find it so comical that some fans read this statement and immediately went back to the mindset of, "Oh, clearly Hard Skool was definitely supposed to be played that night, but wasn't because of this." Just stop, people. 😂

Circular reasoning. Take a desired outcome and figure out the suitable premises.

It's a fairly known gimmick to put out 'something' to appease concert promoters that a new product is coming and that it will lure fans to the venues.  Too bad the fans start reading tea leaves in want of something that (maybe) was fugazi to begin with.