Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

Just now, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

Anyone else noticed that they haven't promoted a damn thing about it? Not a whisper on anyone's socials.

You mean exactly what happened with Absurd? 

It's an accident that we heard it today. The worldwide launch was supposed to happen at midnight eastern. Promotion will happen tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Just now, RussTCB said:

It's an accident that we heard it today. The worldwide launch was supposed to happen at midnight eastern. Promotion will happen tomorrow. 

This, it releases in 3 hours in the USA. That's when we know what the score is. Maybe Axl tells us during this show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I don't think so. Most other music is released at midnight on everyones own timezone including SMKCs past releases, I don't see why GNR would be special

22 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I particularly miss the little repeating lick preceding the solo on the demo.

Yeah! I actually love that little duel guitar breakdown in the 99 version right before the "AfD-esque" part right before the bridge shifts. Pretty sure its Robin and its awesome. I love Slash's parts and everything about the new version, but I am glad to have the '99 demo, too. That guitar part is super cool. 

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't think so. Most other music is released at midnight on everyones own timezone including SMKCs past releases, I don't see why GNR would be special

Wasn't Absurd released at midnight eastern? 

And my point was regarding promotion. The song was supposed to be tomorrow, not today. So the promotion will start tomorrow. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

And my point was regarding promotion. The song was supposed to be tomorrow, not today. So the promotion will start tomorrow. 

Absurd was held back in all regions until midnight EST. He dropped the bombshell of it coming during the gig. No one had a clue it was going to come that quick after it was performed at the last show.

1 minute ago, Axl S said:

Absurd was held back in all regions until midnight EST. He dropped the bombshell of it coming during the gig. No one had a clue it was going to come that quick after it was performed at the last show.

Right......that's what I just said.... 

I was responding to someone who said they thought it was weird there was no promotion for HS today. There was no promotion for HS today because it's not being released until tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Right......that's what I just said.... 

I was responding to someone who said they thought it was weird there was no promotion for HS today. There was no promotion for HS today because it's not being released until tomorrow. 

Yeah you asked a question and I answered...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't know about Absurd because I woke up when it came out already:P so I cant really tell if it came out 6 am my time, or midnight. But I've said earlier I've never seen music drop in the middle of my day instead of midnight, which is how I've seen every single music drop happen since getting Spotify in 2016. And now it happened with HS just as usual.

Super Punchy. Bass line is solid. I really like the drum sound. Don’t care that the vocals are 20+ years old. Do we really want 2021 Axl vocals (maybe 2006 or 2010 but I digress) Slash’s guitar work is sublime. Love when he plays Guns N Roses guitar. It’s been too damn long. HOPE we get an EP or album with at least one epic. The Epics have always trumped the rockers for me. But I still love a high quality rocker. Happy Hard Skool day everyone. It’s been a long 13 years!! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fozzie Bear said:

I think nobody here remembers people love GNR for November Rain, SCOM and PC.  This sound is so bad when you go listen to what GN’R is famous for. 

these people couldn't tell SCOM from So Fine. the song is fantastic and will likely be recieved as a 'solid rocker'.

8 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes, the release of Absurd simultaneously everywhere was out of the norm, maybe because they wanted it to be a surprise.

Usually new music is released on everyone's own timezone, so earlier in some areas than in others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, the release of Absurd simultaneously everywhere was out of the norm, maybe because they wanted it to be a surprise.

Usually new music is released on everyone's own timezone, so earlier in some areas than in others.

Right on, that's what I thought. The overall point is that there was no promotion for HS because tomorrow is release day. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lilacmess said:

Aren't you like a big Slash Fan? His guitar parts are very nice. Really. 

I know you're against the way they produced this. But it is what it is. And it's beautiful. Very melodic and touching.

Eta: no matter when they were recorded the vocals are energetic and moving. I think the song works much better than I woud have expected.

Huge Slash fan.. That is a part of the reason why I can't buy into this recording and "writing" process.. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2