Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

"but what is the S in the top left corner, I don't think this is random, this must be related to something "

I swear to god last time I saw this S being drawn was back in the 90s in school

it is just a cool "S" everyone was drawing next to fiddo diddos L O L

TO say the cover is out of date out of anything, 

I could only relate if it was 1995 or smthing

I actually believe the cover was made by axl after he had 2 photoshops tutorials in youtube

joke cover

Edited by Realitysux

10 minutes ago, username said:

"REEEEEEEE PEOPLE ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO BE SUPER POSITIVE REEEEEEEEE"

Fucks sake dude, people are entitled to give their opinions. It's what public forums are for. 

we all know what to expect from gnr. it will never change.. take it or leave it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The "realism" is that we don't know what's gonna happen. Anything else is an assumption, which you condemn, according to your own words.
Sure, we're all entitled to our own opinion, but some folks keep spamming any place with it ad nauseam. But ok, I understand you've only started. :D

In all seriousness, I didn't like Absurd, but I do like this one. Miles away. 

Fair enough Milo, fair enough! ;) 

For me it's the other way around though. With ABSURD and this one. I posted my honest opinion on it a page ago. And yes, of course blindly slamming it makes little sense, but there should be room for any fair criticism on this one. And that I do have. :P 

1 minute ago, Realitysux said:

"but what is the S in the top left corner, I don't think this is random, this must be related to something "

I swear to god last time I saw this S being drawn was back in the 90s in skool

it is just a kool

I actually beilieve the cover was made by axl after he had 2 photoshops tutorials in youtube

joke cover

Okay.

Just now, Hellow said:

What the heck is all this doom and gloom - it's absurd! After reading some comments at this thread, I'm starting to think maybe GNR fanbase dosen't actually deserve anything any more. :P

Well because we teeling as EXACTLY is does not mean we are negative 

I am perfectly happy slacking working from home as freelancer loosing money cause I am bored

I personally have fun commenting

the song  version is mediocre

and cover is really a joke

but I feel happy at the moment just taking a coffee forum chat over a new bad song 

worlds not going to end :)

23 minutes ago, axl666 said:

I think people should drop some of the negativity to be honest. This is the best time to be a GNR fan since CD came out. They're touring. The original band are basically back together. They're releasing music which is really pretty good, though maybe not to everyone's liking. They will likely have a new album of some form out in the next year.

Negativity can feed negativity. People can ask what's the point of releasing music now, what's it promoting. The point of releasing music is to release music- they're musicians. The band is on a  a roll now and that's really positive.

Spot on! 

GNR fans haven’t had it so good  in years. And when it finally gets good how do some react? With needlessly pedantic moaning :facepalm:

• Like 3

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Spot on! 

GNR fans haven’t had it so good  in years. And when it finally gets good how do some react? With needlessly pedantic moaning :facepalm:

this is worse than before

Before we had some kind of hope left that this band can release something good now hope is gone we are just in this for the jokes

I really wish they would just mix the village leaks and release it as chinese 2

• GNFNR 1

24 minutes ago, vloors said:

Is "new album" the word when all the vocals and basic melodies are 20+ years old? 

I really hope they have created some fresh new songs with slash/duff and Axl got off his ass and recorded some new vocals.

Yes, it is new if it hasn’t been released nor heard by the vast majority.

When the UYI albums dropped, nobody was complaining that many of the songs had been worked on for years. Even before AFD ever dropped.

There were songs from AFD and LIES that were tunes brought over from previous bands. 

What’s the difference?

Doesn’t matter whether parts existed and/or were recorded in 1999 or 2005 or 2016 or 2020. The final result is new and previously unreleased just as NR, Don’t Cry, Back Off Bitch, and others were in late 1991.

And these 2 new tunes have SLASH and DUFF’s input/additions to them.

It’s no different than when AXL had most of NR and Estranged already worked out only to have SLASH contribute to it. Or when SLASH had ‘Girth’ as his own baby and AXL wrote lyrics for it.

These two songs are ideas AXL brought to the table that SLASH and DUFF have now contributed to and made their own.

They are new songs. The only notable difference is how long the core of the work sat idle until being officially completed and released.

Hardcore fans are too obsessed and focused over the fact that they’ve known about the projects for years and had heard leaked demo versions due to the day and age we live in where things aren’t able to be kept in the dark as easily as they used to be.

95%+ of those that consider themselves GN’R fans but aren’t the hardcore types living on fan forums or actively searching for unreleased demo content have never heard of or about any the 3 songs that have released over the past few years.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, thunderram said:

Yes, it is new if it hasn’t been released nor heard by the vast majority.

When the UYI albums dropped, nobody was complaining that many of the songs had been worked on for years. Even before AFD ever dropped.

There were songs from AFD and LIES that were tunes brought over from previous bands. 

What’s the difference?

Doesn’t matter whether parts existed and/or were recorded in 1999 or 2005 or 2016 or 2020. The final result is new and previously unreleased just as NR, Don’t Cry, Back Off Bitch, and others were in late 1991.

And these 2 new tunes have SLASH and DUFF’s input/additions to them.

It’s no different than when AXL had most of NR and Estranged already worked out only to have SLASH contribute to it. Or when SLASH had ‘Girth’ as his own baby and AXL wrote lyrics for it.

These two songs are ideas AXL brought to the table that SLASH and DUFF have now contributed to and made their own.

They are new songs. The only notable difference is how long the songs sat idle until being officially completed and released.

Hardcore fans are too obsessed and focused over the fact that they’ve known about the projects for years and had heard leaked demo versions due to the day and age we live in where things aren’t able to be kept in the dark as easily as they used to be.

95%+ of those that consider themselves GN’R fans but aren’t the hardcore types living on fan forums or actively searching for unreleased demo content have never heard of or about any the 3 songs that have released over the past few years.

I think the difference is very simple

You press play and you listen to you could be mine

after you are done listening to it you are in a state of bliss ofc you will not care for the details since the result is perfect

Now youy press play and you hear a mess, even if you dont know about the leaks etc the 2 tunes just feel wierd,

if you now add that most Hardcore fans have already listened to better versions of the songs for years then it becomes easy to understand

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Realitysux said:

this is worse than before

Before we had some kind of hope left that this band can release something good now hope is gone we are just in this for the jokes

I really wish they would just mix the village leaks and release it as chinese 2

ok maestro de los maestros.

3 minutes ago, username said:

"REEEEEEEE PEOPLE ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO BE SUPER POSITIVE REEEEEEEEE"

Fucks sake dude, people are entitled to give their opinions. It's what public forums are for. 

I agree, everybody is entitled to their opinion. As I said earlier there will be love and hate. That pretty much applies to all songs ever written. The thing that I just don’t get is level of dislike people take to songs, especially on this forum. I get that not everyone will like it but it really is just a straight forward and fun rock song that actually sounds like GN’R. Is it the best song GN’R have done? No! But I like it for what it is. These guys are pushing 60 and to be honest I prefer Hard Skool to pretty much any new rock song I’ve heard for some time. I might be sentimental but I’m just happy to hear these guys together again in studio recordings.

I love that this forum has some hugely different views and that what makes this fun. Some will enjoy, some won’t. Some will analize every second of a song while others will simply listen and not get lost in all the details. It’s what makes this place what it is. Seems like most of us enjoy this one, can’t really ask for anything more.

• Like 2

I avoided the leaks for the most part and so this was first time I’ve heard the song complete. I actually like it. Idk how Slash did it but during the solo I hear a little AFD and a ton of illusion mixed into it. Almost hear a little Double talking jive as it slows down. It was like a trip down memory lane of Slash’s GNR career. Axl’s vocals are solid, good chorus, not as ambitious lyrically as I like but this was nice to listen to. They all brought back some classic GNR moments into this Nugnr song 

• Like 1

So guys… what now lol i mean only Absurd and HS are on the setlist theres no more new songs, first time in years that theres not much to speculate on… hoping between end of this tour and the next show in June next year (assuming AUS and NZ are cancelled) that they add another new song or 2 and PTU and TAY to setlist maybe…

I think the reactions are fairly positive, but its more difficult for us fans to accept changes to a song we have a relationship with, the majority of casual fans will hear this song for the first time and will be easier to please. 

I have played it for some friends and they all think it rocked and resembled much of what was/is good about GNR

Somebody should pull up a poll so we could give the song a rating from 1 to 10

• Like 1