What songs has vocals after 1999

29 minutes ago, Pele said:

If the spirit of the bet basically means a real, full song with verses and chorus that isn't an absolute joke, then yes.

A full, 'normal' song - not some experimental crap with spoken word or 'rapping'.  Just a straightforward song

If so, then yes, there is a bet.

Set up an account on BetOpenly or something similar and deposit the $5k and list the terms of the bet, including the date of maturity.  I'll then log in and either accept and match the amount, or revise terms for re-submission.  The site will take a small fee.

Yes, I'm talking about a real "normal" song. Just like all the officially released GNR songs have been so far. Not a cover song or a live song either, but a real studio track with vocals from Axl that we haven't heard before.

Great that we're doing this! I'm going to take a closer look at that BetOpenly site soon and I'll shoot a message in your inbox afterwards, so we can talk about the details. :thumbsup:

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

So I've skimmed through a few posts of you guys, and here's the thing: whatever gets released, the Vault/Village or not, how could you ever be 100% sure what year the given vocals are from? Could be 99, could be 2003 or anything else for all we know. It's not like Axl is gonna make a complete breakdown of individual sessions. And your bickering will go on. 

Take HS, for example. It's a "2021" song. Now, we know the song (including the vocals) is from 99-01, but that's just because it was in the leaks. But what about songs that may have been recorded elsewhere? According to Wikipedia, the band used a total of 15 studios for CD (and probably a whole lot of other tracks). And even if they release something from the Village with vocals, how will you know when and where the vocals were recorded? Sure, we can tell that e.g. This I Love / the Brain remix can't be from the same era as the Village, since Axl sounds like a god there, but are you sure you'll be able to tell a difference between say '99 and 2002 regarding some other song? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

So I've skimmed through a few posts of you guys, and here's the thing: whatever gets released, the Vault/Village or not, how could you ever be 100% sure what year the given vocals are from? Could be 99, could be 2003 or anything else for all we know. It's not like Axl is gonna make a complete breakdown of individual sessions. And your bickering will go on. 

Take HS, for example. It's a "2021" song. Now, we know the song (including the vocals) is from 99-01, but that's just because it was in the leaks. But what about songs that may have been recorded elsewhere? According to Wikipedia, the band used a total of 15 studios for CD (and probably a whole lot of other tracks). And even if they release something from the Village with vocals, how will you know when and where the vocals were recorded? Sure, we can tell that e.g. This I Love / the Brain remix can't be from the same era as the Village, since Axl sounds like a god there, but are you sure you'll be able to tell a difference between say '99 and 2002 regarding some other song? 

Thx for this. Most of is Pele as you could probably tell I. think stuff mostly 2003-2006, 2007/2008 than again in 2010. After that I'd say 2013/2014 then mid 2015 with slash & duff (assuming that's when they rejoined) than 2018/2019, & during covid. I always think axl has been busy but just decides to have the 99 vocals on the songs

What Pele is saying is that some songs won't be released ever and soul monster is on that list with the exact name maybe not but I'm sure it'll by released. It would be funny when Fernando comes back on the forum and sees what Pele says. He'll just tell Axl to finish the album and release it with new vocals maybe 

Edited by kingcanyon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Fernando: Hey Axy Waxy! Got some news for you. There's this two guys called Pele and KingCanyon having a wee bet on MyGNRForum.

Axl: Pele? As in...

Fernando: Oh yes for sure it's the real Pele. We double checked and everything. Anyway...

Axl: Do you think KingCanyon is his or her real name?

Fernando: Eh, sure Axy. Can't see why not. Anyhoo... as I was saying, this pair o' yahoos  are having a bet for 5K on whether or not you've recorded  many vocal tracks after 1999, and whether any future songs you release will contain vocals from this blistering patch of productivity. Pele says mostly all 1999, KingCanyon rubbishes this well thought out proposition. 5K riding on it. Maybe you should just release a new album with new vocals to piss off Pele and help KingCanyon win 5000 big ones!

Axl: Just to be clear here Nando, you want me to release an album just to piss off some guy on the internet because he has a theory and has now bet on said theory? 

Fernando: Yes sir.

Axl: Jesus christ. Where's Alan Niven's number?

it's not just me but other than that 10/10

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jamillos said:

Short answer - no I'm not sure, these old vocals could have been 99-01, back when he was actively recording/writing with a genuine intent for a series of albums.

9 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

Thx for this. Most of is Pele as you could probably tell I. think stuff mostly 2003-2006, 2007/2008 than again in 2010. After that I'd say 2013/2014 then mid 2015 with slash & duff (assuming that's when they rejoined) than 2018/2019, & during covid. I always think axl has been busy but just decides to have the 99 vocals on the songs

What Pele is saying is that some songs won't be released ever and soul monster is on that list with the exact name maybe not but I'm sure it'll by released. It would be funny when Fernando comes back on the forum and sees what Pele says. He'll just tell Axl to finish the album and release it with new vocals maybe 

They've seen what I written, they know there is no real 'new' release planned, so they won't actively address this.

They have a guy 'policing' the internet for them, removing videos.  Several people have told them what is being said.

They can't reply, because he hasn't recorded enough.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pele said:

They've seen what I written, they know there is no real 'new' release planned, so they won't actively address this.

They have a guy 'policing' the internet for them, removing videos.  Several people have told them what is being said.

They can't reply, because he hasn't recorded enough.

Haha the complete fiction you post as fact is hilarious, I'll give ya that. 

• Like 2

“We have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese.  That’s already recorded.  And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese.  That’s been done for a while, too.  But after Vegas, we’re going to start looking very seriously at what we’re doing in that regard.”

– Axl, June 4, 2014

• ABSUЯD 1

• 1 month later...

There were 18 finished tracks with full vocals in 2014 that were options for CDII. That's a fact. The only songs in that discussion where vocals were finished prior to 2001 were Atlas, Hard School, Silkworms, Perhaps and State of Grace. Possibly the reworked Oh My God although it's unclear if that was on the list of 18. Also unclear if the list includes Eye On You or Nothing with verses added. At a minimum there are 10 completed tracks that we've never heard vocals for and they feature vocals laid down after November 2000. 

The question is whether we'll hear any of them if they don't leak.

Edited by Mikey Whipwreck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

There were 18 finished tracks with full vocals in 2014 that were options for CDII. That's a fact. The only songs in that discussion where vocals were finished prior to 2001 were Atlas, Hard School, Silkworms, Perhaps and State of Grace. Possibly the reworked Oh My God although it's unclear if that was on the list of 18. Also unclear if the list includes Eye On You or Nothing with verses added. At a minimum there are 10 completed tracks that we've never heard vocals for and they feature vocals laid down after November 2000. 

The question is whether we'll hear any of them if they don't leak.

And you know this from? 

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

And you know this from? 

Based on official sources and unofficial ones that have since proven at least partially accurate.

Axl confirmed were working on 32 songs, 26 of which were basically done in early 2006.

Bach talking about hearing 3 albums of completed material multiple times. 

Billboard article where a source confirmed the existence of another full album (or more) worth of material that was supposedly coming out in 2016 before the reunion came together. 

Ron stating that there were another couple albums worth of material from the CD era.

And other "unofficial" sources, such as ones who listed songs like Going Down and Tonto as tracks being considered for CD2 years before the tracks either leaked or were officially confirmed. 

list.jpg

All adds up to at least 18 tracks, with at least 10 that have never been heard before by the public, other than perhaps in instrumental demo form.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

Based on official sources and unofficial ones that have since proven at least partially accurate.

Axl confirmed were working on 32 songs, 26 of which were basically done in early 2006.

Bach talking about hearing 3 albums of completed material multiple times. 

Billboard article where a source confirmed the existence of another full album (or more) worth of material that was supposedly coming out in 2016 before the reunion came together. 

Ron stating that there were another couple albums worth of material from the CD era.

And other "unofficial" sources, such as ones who listed songs like Going Down and Tonto as tracks being considered for CD2 years before the tracks either leaked or were officially confirmed. 

list.jpg

All adds up to at least 18 tracks, with at least 10 that have never been heard before by the public, other than perhaps in instrumental demo form.

So the 18 comes from you believing two albums are completely finished and that they each contain at least 9 songs? 

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

So the 18 comes from you believing two albums are completely finished and that they each contain at least 9 songs? 

18 comes from Axl saying they were working on 32 songs and CD having 14 songs on it, and all subsequent evidence pointing to there being at least 18 more or less completed tracks and 1.5 or 2 more albums worth of material. Thanks to the Zutaut locker we have a pretty clear picture of what was complete as of November 2000 that didn't end up on CD. Hard School, Silkworms, State of Grace, Atlas, Perhaps were essentially finished songs. Potentially a reworked Oh My God is part of the discussion. Eye On You may or may not be complete in that form. Nothing is incomplete. So again, the other 10 tracks comprising the 18 almost certainly feature vocals from 2001 or later. What are those songs?

The General, Soul Monster, Thyme, Seven (title changed?), Monstrosity, Tonto, Light My Fire, Going Down, Oklahoma (title change?), Cuban Skies, 4 Heavens (assuming this  isn't referencing KOHD covers), possibly others that have been mentioned along the way like Down By The Ocean, Ides of March, Quick Song.