09/04/22 - Recife, BR - Arena Pernambuco

alfierose

3 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Damn 4 pages

I honestly didn't even care to learn the band resumed touring until checking here and randomly seeing this thread at the top lol.

GNR seems to be playing the game of "how to make our fans care about us the least the absolute fastest" and I am an unaware contender in this game.  They need something new and quick

11 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Uh huh8Ke5Ape_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I mean I get it, I just think it is a shame that the folks who most want GNR to thrive by releasing kickass new material and just do what normal bands do, are thrown by the wayside because it is much easier for them to stay stagnant

Because them knowing the casual fans in marketplaces will still go to the show regardless, based on the few albums they have put out 30 years ago, means that they can rehash 20 year old ProTools sessions Axl started long ago and not have to worry about being an active creative entity

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I mean I get it, I just think it is a shame that the folks who most want GNR to thrive by releasing kickass new material and just do what normal bands do, are thrown by the wayside because it is much easier for them to stay stagnant

Because them knowing the casual fans in marketplaces will still go to the show regardless, based on the few albums they have put out 30 years ago, means that they can rehash 20 year old ProTools sessions Axl started long ago and not have to worry about being an active creative entity

It's funny when you think about it. The only work Axl had to do for the two recent "new" singles was literally next to none - he yelled "Absurd" once to a studio mic and that was it; the rest was just copy/paste. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone putting less work into new released material. Maybe that was the joke he mentioned. Cause it's absurd. 

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

It's funny when you think about it. The only work Axl had to do for the two recent "new" singles was literally next to none - he yelled "Absurd" once to a studio mic and that was it; the rest was just copy/paste. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone putting less work into new released material. Maybe that was the joke he mentioned. Cause it's absurd. 

That absurd yell vocal was recorded in 2001 lol.

Wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

The "Absurd" shout was on the BBF demo that leaked in 2018. He recorded nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Evidently the shows are still enjoyable for people who are there in person. The band and management probably think everything's fine for as long as that remains the case. For us internet warriors, this leg of the tour seems like a borefest, especially without a proper stream.

About the poster, I don't see what is so great about it. The ones for the European tour were so much better. This one's all too typical and boring.

Well... I was at Arena Pernambuco that night! I'm from João Pessoa (around 120km from the stadium) and that was my third time seeing gnr.
First of all, the whole band was phenomenal! We could feel a sinergy that I did not see in 2016 (I was at Rio that time). We saw a very happy Axl... He is enjoying every minute of this SA tour and we noted that!

Talking about the presentation itself, axl's voice was OK! In my opinion, his voice was better than the beggining of 2022 tour (but nothing extraordinary too). Sometimes he couldn't listen himself and the end of Hard Skool was completely awful because of that. I think that was a big technical problem during the presentation.

At the Arena, the phone signal was very poor (the Arena is located about 15-20km far from Recife). So this can explain no streamings at all. 

The crowd was amazing! We enjoyed every single moment of the show and was magical! 

Compared to Manaus, there was 2 more songs (Reckless Life and Wichita Lineman), with no AC/DC cover though (I was expecting Walk All Over You:(). Reckless was fuckin' amazing! I think the RiR presentation will be longer than these two! The band will perform better than 2017... I really believe that!

Edited by Dimitrial
Wrote the wrong song! hehehe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dimitrial said:

Well... I was at Arena Pernambuco that night! I'm from João Pessoa (around 120km from the stadium) and that was my third time seeing gnr.
First of all, the whole band was phenomenal! We could feel a sinergy that I did not see in 2016 (I was at Rio that time). We saw a very happy Axl... He is enjoying every minute of this SA tour and we noted that!

Talking about the presentation itself, axl's voice was OK! In my opinion, his voice was better than the beggining of 2022 tour (but nothing extraordinary too). Sometimes he couldn't listen himself and the end of Hard Skool was completely awful because of that. I think that was a big technical problem during the presentation.

At the Arena, the phone signal was very poor (the Arena is located about 15-20km far from Recife). So this can explain no streamings at all. 

The crowd was amazing! We enjoyed every single moment of the show and was magical! 

Compared to Manaus, there was 2 more songs (Reckless Life and Wichita Lineman), with no AC/DC cover though (I was expecting I Wanna Be Your Dog :(). Reckless was fuckin' amazing! I think the RiR presentation will be longer than these two! The band will perform better than 2017... I really believe that!

I Wanna Be Your Dog is a song from The Stooges and they played it