2023 WORLD TOUR

24 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Nah, if they announced a farewell tour they'd have plenty of packed stadium's in the US. 

As far as just going out and playing the NITL show?? I guess I would have said a while ago that they have no chance but they have done how many runs through America in stadiums at this point?? Surely less sell outs but still good business would be my guess. 

Farewell tour would certainly shift tickets too. 

I'm not sure how much the other big things they could do like a new album (however unlikely it may be) would shift tickets, or bringing back Adler and Izzy for an 'original lineup' run. Not sure the sort of casuals you need to sell tickets to to fill stadiums would care much about either of those things.  

Edited by allwaystired

26 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Nah, if they announced a farewell tour they'd have plenty of packed stadium's in the US. 

As far as just going out and playing the NITL show?? I guess I would have said a while ago that they have no chance but they have done how many runs through America in stadiums at this point?? Surely less sell outs but still good business would be my guess. 

On their last US stadium run, tickets were being given away for free at a lot of shows... I assume their next tour will be arenas, maybe with 2 shows in the bigger markets. Their last run through Canada was 2017 so they might still be able to fill stadiums here, though.

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm not sure how much the other big things they could do like a new album (however unlikely it may be) would shift tickets, or bringing back Adler and Izzy for an 'original lineup' run. Not sure the sort of casuals you need to sell tickets to to fill stadiums would care much about either of those things.  

A farewell tour would probably sell better than the last few US tours. I don't think an AFD5 tour would matter to most people though, not enough to make a difference in stadiums. Aside from Axl's voice, Steven probably couldn't physically do it and Izzy probably wouldn't want to do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah I think the buzz needed to fill stadiums is  generally gone, that's both because it naturally does after the first go around, they've over toured and the overall quality of the performance has taken a dip and people aren't so blown away by seeing Slash anymore that they blow right by it.

I think an AFD reunion is more of an indoor thing. A new album is a temporary "oh gnr have new music out" buzz, that lasts a week and then nobody cares it'll sell the same amount of tickets. Well... That's outside of a curve ball happening and somehow they release a song that goes viral and no 1 everywhere and everybody just loses their shit for gnr... But that's not gonna happen 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah I think the buzz needed to fill stadiums is  generally gone, that's both because it naturally does after the first go around, they've over toured and the overall quality of the performance has taken a dip and people aren't so blown away by seeing Slash anymore that they blow right by it.

I think an AFD reunion is more of an indoor thing. A new album is a temporary "oh gnr have new music out" buzz, that lasts a week and then nobody cares it'll sell the same amount of tickets. Well... That's outside of a curve ball happening and somehow they release a song that goes viral and no 1 everywhere and everybody just loses their shit for gnr... But that's not gonna happen 😄

Yeah, it's quite a rare band that can maintain momentum to always do stadiums. If they're a nostalgia act I'd say it's impossible. The only ones that seem to manage it are The Rolling Stones. 

Younger acts (Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran etc) seem to maintain that level by consistent releases and hype. And just being new! 

On 11/14/2022 at 6:05 PM, stezmacc said:

Hearing rumours of a Wembley stadium date next summer. Just googled it and there’s a website ‘allevents’ claiming 10th June as a date. they usually announce uk/European dates around this time of year so expect updates soon. 

Wembley would be great, but so far with the reunion they’ve only played West Ham / Olympic and Spurs stadium, which are both big stadiums but shit for travelling to (especially from outside London) and in Spurs’ case poor technical set up too. I only assume those two were selected because they’re cheaper to hire than Wembley, which makes me think it’ll be the same story next time too

3 minutes ago, dave94 said:

Wembley would be great, but so far with the reunion they’ve only played West Ham / Olympic and Spurs stadium, which are both big stadiums but shit for travelling to (especially from outside London) and in Spurs’ case poor technical set up too. I only assume those two were selected because they’re cheaper to hire than Wembley, which makes me think it’ll be the same story next time too

I could see them doing the 02 this time, if they do one. I think you're probably right about Wembley, otherwise they would have done it before. 

1 hour ago, dave94 said:

I actually talked with one of the sound engineers at the Spurs stadium. He said the sound issues that people complained about were because of the sound engineers that GnR used, the stadium has a state of the art set up. The Lady Gaga concert had no issues with sound

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This won't happen, but I hope that GN'R will skip festivals and just play headline stadium/arena shows when they hit Europe next. I've always felt that GN'R isn't a festival band, and the festival shows I've seen them play have both been a lot worse than their own shows.

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

On their last US stadium run, tickets were being given away for free at a lot of shows... I assume their next tour will be arenas, maybe with 2 shows in the bigger markets. Their last run through Canada was 2017 so they might still be able to fill stadiums here, though.

They had the 7th highest grossing tour of 2021 in the states.  The tour was a huge success 

3 hours ago, Swedish said:

This won't happen, but I hope that GN'R will skip festivals and just play headline stadium/arena shows when they hit Europe next. I've always felt that GN'R isn't a festival band, and the festival shows I've seen them play have both been a lot worse than their own shows.

I'd agree fully. The lack of soundcheck definitely doesn't help. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that the 2023 tour will be still along the lines of "makeup" dates for the cancelled shows due to Covid. Besides Glasgow, there are some other shows both in Europe and NA that they weren't able to reschedule in 2021/22, but since they can't play only these shows due to logistics, costs, etc., they'll book (probably have booked already) additional dates in other cities and or festivals.

After that it seems GN'R will take at least a year off, as Slash plans to tour with SMKC in 2024 (likely including summer festivals) and then who knows what happens.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I'm pretty sure that the 2023 tour will be still along the lines of "makeup" dates for the cancelled shows due to Covid. Besides Glasgow, there are some other shows both in Europe and NA that they weren't able to reschedule in 2021/22, 

florence

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

After that it seems GN'R will take at least a year off, as Slash plans to tour with SMKC in 2024 (likely including summer festivals) and then who knows what happens.

so sad..

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

When has this been said?  Myles just said 2 months ago he isn't sure if Slash is going to continue with his solo group

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 1:46 PM, allwaystired said:

Highly doubt Guns would ever do a labeled “farewell tour.”